Aaron p

*I need a legit answer peeps. Is it true that knowledge (as a whole) is one big trap?

21 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2019 at 11:12 PM, Aaron p said:

It's strange...I'm discovering that I need to somehow connect myself to reality...but all of my self enquiry feels like I'm being separated from reality. 

Something is connecting and something is disconnecting at the same time. It feels like I have had an insight about it but it's unclear as to *what* is connecting and how it's connecting. I think a few of the answers have helped me. Possibly that, in embracing reality (rather than trying to distance myself from it), I have discovered that, to transcent reality, you need to first embrace it. This was forgin to me before today

..waw

How do you do self-enquiry? Self-enquiry is not really something you can do,

it's a mindset of wanting to find out who you are, and stopping thinking, being still, being open.

As Ramana said:

'Feeling is the main thing, not reason'

'Really Self-enquiry starts when you are off the mental waves, the thought waves'

And

' The degree of the absence of thoughts is the measure of your progress towards Self-realization.

But Self-realization itself does not admit of progress, it is ever the same.'

Yeah spiritual knowledge is only there to inspire and point, and must be discarded for direct experience in order to progress.

Relative knowledge is another matter, but spiritual experience will begin to work in that area as well as you learn to integrate and learn through experience