Fairy

Ultimate Skepticism

11 posts in this topic

How do you know that you know anything? What does knowing even mean? What does meaning even mean?

Right now you know that if you drink a cup of water you're going to pee a couple of hours later, but how do you know that the water coming out of you is from the cup of water that you just had? Because it makes sense? Because there was a prior cause of you drinking a cup of water and then you had to take a piss? Because you can repeat the experiment X number of times and you will have the same reaction over and over again? Or you can have some physician put you through an MRI machine and show you a live feed of how the water that you just had is going through your digestive system and precisely tell you when the sensation of pee will emerge?

And what about your direct physical experience? . How do you know that your direct experience/sensory system was not built/evolved/altered in such a way that you would always come to a false outcome?

How do you know that enlightenment is actual? Because you've seen an internal image inside your minds eye? Because of something you felt through your senses? Because it makes sense when you take this multi-faceted approach to life and look at it from multiple perspective and then you come to a conclusion?

Because you inject 5-MeO-DMT in your rear end and have a direct sensory experience?

Ultimately if you cast everything under doubt you have this sensory reaction and thought pattern that emerges that concludes that you can never be certain of anything.

The entire scope of humanity could be looking at reality through the wrong state of consciousness.

To conclude I'd like to say that yes, you pee because you had that cup of water, but you don't know why you're a living organism that needs a cup of water in the first place. You might have a story, but that story could always be false.

You can bring up science and the natural world and tell me that without that cup of water you would die of dehydration, and that might be true, but can you ever know why? Is there even an answer as to why reality and humans are designed in this very specific way?

Maybe the truth is that you're drinking that cup of water to further the expansion of some solar system in another galaxy. Maybe you getting enlightened will start World War 3. How do you know? Because some Sad Guru with a white beard is telling you he became enlightened and that he understood some absolute truth?

Changing the interpretation of a particular situation could shatter your current world-view. What if i told you that the food in your fridge is actually eating you and not the other way around? Or that this entire thread is nothing else but a virus for your mind?

I do encourage radical open mindedness, like being open minded to the possibility that everything you know might be incorrect.

But from observation alone I can confidently say that as people we cannot handle not being grounded on some sort of information or knowledge. We aren't free unless we are in bondage. 

This I say because I do believe that knowledge is bondage. When you believe (even think) that you know something as a truth, you have limited yourself only to that supposed fact, therefore any thing else will appear to be false and all other sorts of negative connotations will be projected onto what is believed not to be true. 

E.g) If you can't accept the possibility that 1+1 can = 0 than you are not only bound but also limited. Hence most of us won't realise our God like nature in this life time, and thus our potential remains untapped. 

I have a similar feeling too. I feel confused, like if any conclusion about reality will be false. Even enlightenment.

Not sure how to get out of that...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Indeed, I reached a point where I accepted that I knew nothing. Reality simply was and is, and there is no way to explain it with the mind. But when I meet God, I had no doubt for it was my innermost Self. That I could not deny, or doubt. For I would deny my-self, thus I would deny existence, reality. I would deny God itself. His love, compassion and understanding for me and everyone cannot be imagined. He is the All-Forgiving, the All-Merciful. Somehow, in His eyes, we are all Perfect. No matter what we have done, no matter what we have been.  We are always accepted. 

Do you doubt your own skepticism ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I do know that I don't know...

Edited by tedens

15 minutes ago, now is forever said:

at least we know the water we drink is not always coming from the sky.

Because you believe in gravity ?

You rationalist should be burned, our world will be way better off without your tyranny !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

Because you believe in gravity ?

You rationalist should be burned, our world will be way better off without your tyranny !

just because you can fly on a broom doesn’t mean gravity does not exist...

you witcher’s how do you always do that? :)