Beeman

How much time you spent watching Leo video?

21 posts in this topic

I spent around 4 hours a day watching Leo videos. Is that too much? Does it have an effect, could my personality be dominated by watching videos? One of the things books are awesome is that is there is no influence on your personality than video. What do you suggest? 

I think the biggest way the video have an impact on you is that you put the advice to practice just watching videos alone will not do much.

I just watch the weekend one if he releases, it's mostly repetitive material anyways.

i used to watch religiously when i was deconstructing my reality, but at the beggining, i only used them to firm what i already wondered, then it started breaching into enlightenment a topic i had no clue about and other links, i watched for a fair few hours and then i only watch when he releases his videos once or twice in a row to get the main points down, and recently i just watch to see if theres a link i've missed out overall. 

soon ill just be sticking mainly to his old videos, like from 4-5 years ago. and just for fun really, i've done alot of contemplation but as the saying goes theres always something new to be learned. 

its funny i used to really like leo's videos because they were the first pieces of content i resonated with. when i reading books about science, and contemplating psychology i could never come to an end answer and that always pissed me off. i was on a hunt to know the truth from young, atoms and molecules always had unanswered question butrionos, zutrinos , they just kept getting smaller and smaller and yet didn't answer the fundamental question. so i went to the only avenue i could to find the truth: god. my prayers were answered when i found out there was such thing called enlightenment, so now i can't say i regret watching all those hours of his videos. 

so if your looking for acceptance, really its okay- your not going to find high quality and organised knowledge like you can with actualised.org. its a gold mine, you just have to be willing to put the hours in the go over the content and research things for yourself. just remember to practice, what you preach. 

Edited by Aakash

Every now and then. I like to experience and grow before I go watching more videos.

@bejapuskas@bejapuskas yeah it is really makes me confuse. I think I have to reduce the amount I watch, but the fact that it is very interesting. 

Edited by Belay kelemework
Vocabulary

1 hour ago, Shadowraix said:

Every now and then. I like to experience and grow before I go watching more videos.

@Shadowraix EXACTLY! I'm at the point where I don't want to watch more videos for a while because I've subconsciously but up this ideology and belief system around nonduality/enlightenment and this seems to be hurting rather than helping in progressing on this path. 

I think people don't realize how important it is to put it dedicated and deliberate work and not take what Leo says for granted. Although his videos have value, there's 100000000x more value in actually having direct experience, etc. 

The number was random, just trying to convey that it's SO important to actually experience this stuff and not just conceptualize everything.

Edited by Ethan_05

"That which the world calls day is the night of ignorance to the wise." - Bhagavad Gita

Becoming Conscious

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

i used to watch religiously when i was deconstructing my reality, but at the beggining, i only used them to firm what i already wondered, then it started breaching into enlightenment a topic i had no clue about and other links, i watched for a fair few hours and then i only watch when he releases his videos once or twice in a row to get the main points down, and recently i just watch to see if theres a link i've missed out overall. 

soon ill just be sticking mainly to his old videos, like from 4-5 years ago. and just for fun really, i've done alot of contemplation but as the saying goes theres always something new to be learned. 

its funny i used to really like leo's videos because they were the first pieces of content i resonated with. when i reading books about science, and contemplating psychology i could never come to an end answer and that always pissed me off. i was on a hunt to know the truth from young, atoms and molecules always had unanswered question butrionos, zutrinos , they just kept getting smaller and smaller and yet didn't answer the fundamental question. so i went to the only avenue i could to find the truth: god. my prayers were answered when i found out there was such thing called enlightenment, so now i can't say i regret watching all those hours of his videos. 

so if your looking for acceptance, really its okay- your not going to find high quality and organised knowledge like you can with actualised.org. its a gold mine, you just have to be willing to put the hours in the go over the content and research things for yourself. just remember to practice, what you preach. 

@Aakash Interesting take on it. I've had the same experience but where you don't regret watching all the videos I'm the other way around. I'm beginning to regret it because I've noticed that his viewpoints have had an extremely strong influence on how I view nonduality and other paths to enlightenment.

Like i've found myself not being as open to other perspectives and paths to enlightenment because I subconsciously think that self-inquiry and kriya yoga are more powerful and can get me to experience the nature of awareness faster. 

Leo's videos are sooooooo valuable, but so are many other perspectives and having a healthy dose of different teachings and wisdom and of other paths is also essential. And also practicing what you learn.

"That which the world calls day is the night of ignorance to the wise." - Bhagavad Gita

Becoming Conscious

3 hours ago, Belay kelemework said:

I spent around 4 hours a day watching Leo videos. Is that too much? Does it have an effect, could my personality be dominated by watching videos? One of the things books are awesome is that is there is no influence on your personality than video. What do you suggest? 

@Belay kelemework In my opinion that is too much, just because I was in that category at one point in time and I feel that when I watched his videos for that long I just didn't have the time and energy in a day to practice and delve deep into other teachings on nonduality that leo doesn't preach. 

But if you're already at the point where you can discern his view and other viewpoints and have a healthy understanding of other POV's and not just his then 4 hours/day might not be too much.

I would just recommend from my own experience to make sure that you have enough energy left to practice and read alternative views on this path.

Becoming Conscious

What worked for me was to stop forgetting about everyday life and rather try to embody Love even there, humble down (stop talking about growth so much) and doing the practices regularly, then it kind of feels like the videos are more valuable haha.

@Belay kelemework

I watch (well, listen to) maybe one to 1.5 hours a day max. 
I had mayor problems with implementing Leo's advice before, so I started listening to the videos that could help solve my problem time and time again, while making breakfast, walking to school, in the shower, doing dishes, stuff like that. 

I think I might have made a trigger out of Leo's voice along the way, because I find myself being much more productive after listening to a video, then not. 

But 4 hours daily on watching videos is a bit overkill in my opinion...  

I have soon watched all his videos by a year. While I was unhooking myself from addictions I ironically became addicted to watching Leo videos.  I watched like 7 videos pr week, now I watch 1-2 pr week. I noticed for me there is just too much information at once and therefore I fail to really contemplate and implement them. I think it is wiser to master the content in one video rather than just watching tons of videos and get overwhelmed by information and not remember anything.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Belay kelemework said:

You're watching waaaay too much. Watch a few videos, take notes, then create a list of actions steps on each vid. Don't watch more videos unless you completed those actions steps, otherwise all that you're doing is just mental masturbation.

Your ratio of action taking vs. reading/watching/listening to info should be 10:1.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Depends on what level you're at. Or in other words, at which stage of your "journey".

When I discovered the pure goldmine that Leo and Actualized.org were (and still are of course), I'd spend all the free time that I had watching every.single.video because I've never found anything as valuable as them before on youtube. 

Of course, with time it got lesser and lesser and now I just watch or rewatch 'em for fun at times. But obviously as one's own consciousness and perspective changes, you also always get something new out of watching them. So that's what still makes it so worthwhile. 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

On 2/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, Belay kelemework said:

@Belay kelemework when I first found Actualized.org I totally binge watched for at least a month. I didn’t even realize there were new videos lol. I feel like you need to listen to your intuition and do what you need to do. It definitely helped me A LOT, there are a few I have watched again more than once. I think you were lucky enough to find the channel and you can take advantage of the material if you feel it’s helping you.

You have to decide and trust yourself. I think it’s okay as long as it is helping and healthy.