Roch

How do you change your energy/personality when living with parents?

11 posts in this topic

So I can often temporarily change my energy, mood and personality. Unfortunately when I’m around parents that tends to make me bounce back. I just feel like they’re holding me back from ever changing and improving myself. I feel like I’m in a catch 22. I can’t change unless I leave my parents, but I can’t leave my parents unless I change. I have similar issues with making friends. 

You should be more worried about your behavior than your personality. Are you behaving the way you want? How would you like to behave?

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

How old are you and whats your current financial status? Would you be able to leave your parents and find a rental or share-rent apartment? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It’s a belief that they cause you to change. How is this belief serving your self structure? How is this belief totally false? What is an alternative explanation? Start viewing this as something YOU’RE doing rather than something your parents cause. Then, investigate how to change!

Growth is impossible when you are living with parents, they turn you into a little bitch.