How to be wise

Peace of Mind

35 posts in this topic

@How to be wise I see what you´re getting at. And maybe in an enlightened position this is true, I dont know. But most of us are not enlightened and I feel there is much danger in that idea, in fact one of the most insane and dangerous idea´s iv´e heard in a while:

Because then why bother killing animals before slaughter? why not start carving into them and take what you want when they are alive? That would be a great way to keep meat fresh. You just carve out the meat that isnt needed like limbs and cheeks but be careful not to let the animal die. That way you always get fresh meat by keeping it alive as long as possible.
Or why not create a animal that only has fat and no limbs or mouth, you can inject food into one big blob of flesh - no problem It´s all ok with the animal after all.

As long as we think it´s ok it´s ok?

Edited by luckieluuke

@luckieluuke I understand that this may sound unkind. But it is reality. If those kinds of things happen, they happen. You yourself don’t have to do it. Follow your integrity. If your kind nature wants you to kill the animal before slaughter, then do it. That is your best way. As for other people, they will do what they do. It doesn’t matter what you think about it, they will do it. So it’s better to come to peace with it rather than fight it internally.

What is, is my friend.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Thanks. Part of me agree with you and part don´t and I was playing the latter now :) 
I´ve come to realize that what I once thought was true is not (because there is no duality) But it is true at my stage of development. Kindof like people need pointers when they have low conspicuousness which are true at that stage, then when you develop those pointers are no longer true.

Talking about peace of mind.

''If the mind is silent, one may live anywhere''

- Ramana Maharshi

Great thread btw 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@luckieluuke keep doing the inner work my friend 

@Preetom Thank you

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

The way to not feel physical pain is to dissociate from your body. You, the existence beyond a physical body and beyond a mental body, surely is incapable of feeling pain. The way to feel pain is to identify with bodies to the point You forget how to dissociate or raise above. 

That being said, a physical body is easy to damage and difficult to repair. To repair a physical body, again a most effective  way is to raise above. You are not the body is a way of saying you're beyond a body.    

So yeah, there is no need to damage the body in order to practice dissociation. 

@Tistepiste I’m not at peace of mind yet my friend. I’m working towards it.

And even at peace of mind, pain can happen. It’s just that it’s not your business anymore. You are detached from the pain, but still feeling it. 

@Tistepiste No, but the mind does. And the mind creates pain.

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

@Tistepiste No, but the mind does. And the mind creates pain.

True, that's why the pain disappears when we take a pain killer.

23 minutes ago, Good-boy said:

True, that's why the pain disappears when we take a pain killer.

And is that really true? Go in.