nado

What is God FAQ

120 posts in this topic

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah but see Ego-Minds run on the rails of concepts and philosophy.  That's like the language of the Ego-Mind.  To being, concepts and philosophy sounds like a squeeling baby sitting right behind you on an airplane.

Fosho. I agree 

That is also implied in choiceless observation. :)

@Joseph Maynor what you are referring to is the same thing that I was speaking of. Your term being is the equivalent of my term choiceless observation/watching. 

Edited by Jack River

Gotta remember it all comes off as philosophy, concepts when communicating with words. 

It’s up to us to see the difference and understand what’s being pointed at. The description is not the described right. 

Its one thing to communicate a particular branch of knowledge/thought, and another when simply trying to communicate the actuality of something being limited to concepts and such. 

I mean for the most part all writing on here can be interpreted as philosophical, conceptualization, etc. 

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Gotta remember it all comes off as philosophy, concepts when communicating with words. 

It’s up to us to see the difference and understand what’s being pointed at. The description is not the described right. 

Its one thing to communicate a particular branch of knowledge/thought, and another when simply trying to communicate the actuality of something being limited to concepts and such. 

Yeah but some people get really caught up in the philosophy and then turn this stuff into philosophy basically.  That's the issue.  It's a real issue.  It's so easy to turn Enlightenment Work into a tool of the Ego-Mind where what's happening isn't always noticed by the person doing it. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Yeah but some people get really caught up in the philosophy and then turn this stuff into philosophy basically.

I understand. It’s difficult to find a balance in communication indeed. 

Edited by Jack River

16 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I understand. It’s difficult to find a balance in communication indeed. 

Not just in communication, in big-picture too, and in thinking.  We urge because we believe and we believe because we're clinging to thoughts.  But once you know what being is, what's the point to cling to thoughts about it?  It's like trying to take the experience of seeing the Parthenon for the first time and trying to put that experience into words.  Yeah, you can put the experience into words, but the experience of seeing the Parthenon for the first time doesn't require you to put it into words at all -- it's whole and complete as it is.  Being is the same way.  Being doesn't require that you pen a philosophy of being.  Its the Ego-Mind that wants to cling to a philosophy of being.  It's belief, as disguised though it may be made to appear otherwise.  And if you don't want to call it a belief, it's at a minimum a clinging.  And being doesn't insist that any paradigm of being be clung to.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenon

The Parthenon as it appears today:

13467-parthenon-athens-1920x1080-world-w

A Reconstruction of the Parthenon:

Akropolis_by_Leo_von_Klenze.jpg

Edited by Joseph Maynor

By the way, I got a new hammock to hang. :)

going to install it now. Appreciate your posts dude?

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Not just in communication, in big-picture too, and in thinking.  We urge because we believe and we believe because we're clinging to thoughts.

Indeed. That again is what I mean by choicelessly observing that movement :)

night man?

Edited by Jack River

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But once you know what being is, what's the point to cling to thoughts about it? 

Exactly, you don’t see the image. 

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's like trying to take the experience of seeing the Parthenon for the first time and trying to put that experience into words.  Yeah, you can put the experience into words, but the experience of seeing the Parthenon for the first time doesn't require you to put it into words at all -- it's whole and complete as it is.  Being is the same way.  Being doesn't ask that you pen a philosophy of being.

Fosho. But if i am trying to explain how I see being and choicless observation the same I need to use thought to relay that to you or another. Using thought, not letting it use us?

Edited by Jack River

If god is eternal and all this has been occurring infinitely.. why are we stuck at the stage that we are... don’t you think that god would have figured out the pointlessness of experience and ceased its operation. 

I understand it’s a game for itself, but why not just be the absolute truth all the time and skip this stage of dualities.. 

what your basically saying is that this is heaven on earth and when we die, we return to source.. which is nothingness.. which is also everything at the same time.. 

is it cos nothingness couldn’t exist without something to exist from?

1 hour ago, BetweenTwo said:

why not just be the absolute truth all the time and skip this stage of dualities.

The stages of duality ARE the Absolute Truth. You keep making dualities unwittingly, thus creating all these confusing questions for yourself.

Before you ask any question, first ask yourself, does my question assume a duality? If so, collapse it and see if any question remains.

For example: "Is God dead or alive?" Oh, yeah... that's a duality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Everything is an assumed duality to the one that’s percieving it, that is it’s creation, awareness of the spirit that’s projected out is whats occurring, and we apply value and meaning to that as a construction for egoic survival... 

I don’t really have a question, cos there’s nowhere to go.. it would just be incredible to experience that 24/7 forever.. and of course we will.. it’s just like, where do we go from here.. type thing. 

21 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If it's all you, what the hell's the point of wasting time teaching this sh*t, let alone talking about it to anybody?  

Take a look on Maslow's piramid, maybe You'll realize then what 'ego' is.

Edited by tedens

13 minutes ago, tedens said:

Take a look on Maslow's piramid, maybe You'll realize then what 'ego' is.

I don't need theory to see Ego.

6 hours ago, Maya_0 said:

Why does God allow suffering?

Suffering is created by the ego. Ego is something created withing existence, withing the Universe. 

Even if we see the ego as a glitch or a bug in God's plan, God has given us all the tools needed to get rid of the ego and terminate suffering.  It is just that we don't want to go through the labor and pain that requires. We have 100% the ability to do the work, but we don't.

Do you know how science calls the disinclination to activity despite having the ability to act??

Laziness :D

We just discovered a new property of god. He doesn't like lazy people.

If you built the best playground possible and all the children in it were just laying around doing nothing, it wouldn't be nice, would it? 

I think the bitter truth is that it's your Ego-Mind that's rationalizing all this stuff about "God" to try to elevate your own Ego-Mind, however covertly, and maybe only to yourself.  This makes me wonder what is so bad that this kind of drastic measure is even taken by an Ego-Mind in order to cope with existence.  Is this some kind of imagination gone wild or a coping mechanism?  Yeah it makes me feel good to think I'm the shit too, but I don't need to pound this in all the time.  My Ego-Mind doesn't care so about doing that anymore.  I wouldn't need to do that.  It's almost like saying -- "I'm smart, I really am" over and over and over again.  Your Ego-Mind should be able to exist without needing to deify yourself or to elevate yourself over others just to feel baseline normal and at ease in reality.  The solution isn't to pretend to demonize your Ego while covertly deifying it: it's to learn to love and accept your Ego, which is clearly already wounded as it is.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

53 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't need theory to see Ego.

Don't You think that all theorising in here is just derivative of ego?

6 minutes ago, tedens said:

Don't You think that all theorising in here is just derivative of ego?

Yeah, need to know, need to be right, sure.  The Ego-Mind wants certainty and stability to it feels safe and smart.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Kensho said:

Suffering is created by the ego. Ego is something created withing existence, withing the Universe. 

Even if we see the ego as a glitch or a bug in God's plan, God has given us all the tools needed to get rid of the ego and terminate suffering.  It is just that we don't want to go through the labor and pain that requires. We have 100% the ability to do the work, but we don't.

Do you know how science calls the disinclination to activity despite having the ability to act??

Laziness :D

We just discovered a new property of god. He doesn't like lazy people.

If you built the best playground possible and all the children in it were just laying around doing nothing, it wouldn't be nice, would it? 

who knows if it’s god or the devil who doesn’t like laziness! or do you think in the garden of eden there was no laziness? if so hammoks would not exist! what is laziness anyway? would there even be laziness without obligation/duty vs regeneration/consolidation/transformation or selfresponsibility?

Edited by now is forever

Should we  rather detach from the ego than strengthen it?