nado

What is God FAQ

120 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@nado For me , the most powerfull tool are the watching , the ''witness'' practice . You can go all day , is very difficult , but I think is really the one that gives you enlightenment . ( Just to make sure : i'm not enlightenned hahah )

Being is higher than watching.  Watching is still a clinging.

Watching/observing never ends. When it does back and forth bickering emerges xD

Watching/observing is not clinging or a chore, it is love for life. 

Edited by Jack River

15 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Watching/observing never ends. When it does back and forth bickering emerges xD

Watching/observing is not clinging or a chore, it is love for life. 

Being is not a doing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Being is not a doing.

Sure, neither is watching:)

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Sure, neither is watching:)

Watching is a doing.  The main point is that being is not watching.  Being is very different from watching.  Watching is useful to point to being, which is a different issue.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

52 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Being is higher than watching.  Watching is still a clinging.

@Joseph Maynor  But it is a stage , the watching tecnique is more a allowing , because the purpose is allowing what is true to manifest. without you trying to control 

Indeed. Control/manipulation is the doing. A movement of resistance/attachment/identification. An act of concentrated attention. 

13 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Joseph Maynor  But it is a stage , the watching tecnique is more a allowing , because the purpose is allowing what is true to manifest. without you trying to control 

I'm just using that kind of language to make my point: Being is not watching.  Even Adyashanti points this out.  I'm not saying I agree 100% with Adyashanti's views either.  This is probably the best video on Enlightenment I've ever seen.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@rounder Okay , thank you , but why are you trying to help me ? And show where is my clinging ?

@nado The thing is that only you can tell if you are doing wrong , and the watching practice is the most simple practice , but really difficult . Read something by Osho on the witness . You can find it in his site . or just google ''witness , watching , osho'' .

2 hours ago, Ecocotton said:

@Leo Gura I am thankful for all Your videos. I have two questions that have come up while watching your videos. 

Can you expand a little more about what you mean that every moment is eternal. Is every moment like frozen in time and our awareness is going from snapshot to snapshot? 

I'm not sure this can be explained, you really have to just wake up.

Time is a conceptual projection, something you are imagining. You were indoctrinated into believing in time as a child. If you can recall, clocks made no sense until you were indoctrinated to believe in them. Since time is just an imaginary idea, in point of fact, you can become conscious that this moment, and every moment is eternal. Which means it has existed FOREVER! Imagine that reality is one giant solid block of stuff all occurring simultaneously and it has existed forever. This very moment has been here for over 100 trillion trillion trillion years. But you're not conscious of it because your mind is preoccupied with relative survival. Your mind filters out the eternal truth of the present moment because it is irrelevant to your survival. All your mind cares about is differences between moments, not the truth of the actual present moment. Because survival is a relative activity. All you care about is time relative to your imagined birth and death. You care about what time lunch is so you can fill your belly with food and live another day. It does not matter to your mind that that food has existed for eternity. It also doesn't matter to your mind that that food is a hallucination. Since your life is also a hallucination, you feed off of hallucinations.

When you say everything is a miracle, do you mean because out of an infinity of possibilities this is what happened? Can you expand a little more of what you mean with it's a miracle? Why is it a miracle? 

Just look around you. It's pure magic. You're just so jaded and so preoccupied with surviving to live another day -- to get your personal needs met -- to notice the radiant, divine, intelligent, beauty of being.

This cannot be understood until you awaken. Perhaps go look at a sunset and you'll feel a tiny fraction of it.

Or better yet, take a psychedelic, since you're so disconnected from being, you are like a zombie. The psychedelic will bring you back to life (at least for a little while).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There can be no watching without the freedom of being. As THE NOW/BEING there is watching/choicless observation of arising and falling subject/object activity. 

Watching is without premeditation, complete awareness of the present without preference, effort, or compulsion, control(a doing). 

Awareness/Being rests as itself and watches Subject/Object movement arise and fall, until total silence/no-thing-ness...But watching depends on being and being depends on watching. But doing is of subject/object activity. 

THE NOW/BEING-AWARENESS and what is watched/observed is all one totality. Not actually distinct. 

If one used watching as a concesssion to achieve or move to “higher stage” that premeditated action(doing) had its root in subject/object activity, therefore is a watching distorted by control/effort. 

That is a different type of watching. 

Edited by Jack River

16 minutes ago, Jack River said:

If one used watching as a concesssion to achieve or move to “higher stage” that premeditated action(doing) had its root in subject/object activity, therefore is a watching distorted by control/effort. 

That is a different type of watching. 

I used the words "higher stage" to simply point out that being is not watching.  Being has no argument as a term -- it doesn't modify any further concept.  All the chin-wagging about Enlightenment is merely a pointer to get you to be and to be able to see your own Ego-Mind in high-relief and to be able to mediate that Ego-Mind by No Ego or being in the moment.  Ego-Minds talk so much, but being doesn't talk.  All the talk is to get your Ego-Mind to find being.  But once you find being, clinging to ideas about being isn't as important as it was when you were seeking to find being in the first place.  All that Ego-Mind clinging to concepts becomes moot in a similar way that being a back-slapping people pleaser is necessary to get rich but not as necessary after you already are rich.  When you already are rich, you can be blunt and even an asshole if you want to.  I don't know if that example makes sense.  You need all the philosophy for your Ego-Mind to find being, but after being is found, the philosophy should fall away and not be clung to as much as it was before you found being.  The Ego-Mind should know that being can't be captured in concepts once being is successfully located.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I used the words higher stage to simply point out that being is not watching. 

Fosho. 

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Being has no argument -- it doesn't modify any further concept.  

I feel ya dude..

Choiceless observation/watching too doesn’t modify any further concept. Both are of and as unpremeditated awareness. Pure Consciousness. 

Yet the arising and falling manifestations too have there root in THE NOW. Again one totality. 

Edited by Jack River

49 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@nado The thing is that only you can tell if you are doing wrong , and the watching practice is the most simple practice , but really difficult . Read something by Osho on the witness . You can find it in his site . or just google ''witness , watching , osho'' .

@tecladocasio When I read your criticism I was hoping you had something concrete and potent to share. I'll have a look at Osho's site some more, but I didn't see anything obvious yet. Thanks for the pointer.

If ever I get to share your perspective on actualized.org I'll take Buddha's advice, leave the proverbial raft behind and move on to the next thing.

For now I'm happy to live in the days of the Internet and grateful for these forums connecting us all across the planet. It sure beats our ancestors riding a donkey for months to meet a single person!

@Joseph Maynor its not about ideas, philosophy, concepts or anything of that nature. It’s purly about self observation/direct perception not tainted by subject/object phenomenon..When we speak here on the forum it will manifest as such. But what I am referring to does not have it’s essence in that of thought. 

Edited by Jack River

15 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@Joseph Maynor its not about ideas, philosophy, concepts or anything of that nature. It’s purly about self observation/direct perception not tainted by subject/object phenomenon..When we speak here on the forum it will manifest as such. But what I am referring to is not have it’s essence in that of thought. 

Yeah but see Ego-Minds run on the rails of concepts and philosophy.  That's like the language of the Ego-Mind.  To being, concepts and philosophy sound like a squealing baby sitting right behind you on an airplane.  When I hear a bunch of concepts and philosophy, I know right there that we're not quite aligned with the core of being, the core of Enlightenment Work, the core of discovering what No Ego is and how to use No Ego in our lives to take the pressure off of identifying with the Ego-Mind exclusively.

Edited by Joseph Maynor