nado

What is God FAQ

120 posts in this topic

So why does it create this mess and not something else? If God wanted to create something of itself, then why not itself enjoying itself.

@Jed Vassallo what if what humans label as a mess was actually hilarious to God and was exactly itself enjoying itself?

I have no experience to claim this is the case, just a theoretical possibility...

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can become conscious of why everything appears to exist and why it functions as it does.

A full consciousness of God is the answer to all existential why questions. It's a very very very satisfying answer. The answer is non-verbal. Your understanding becomes TOTAL. No more questions about life remain. Everything is perfectly clear. You become literally omniscient, but this omniscience is non-verbal. You could never verbalize it.

How do you conceptualize your life as a human once you have this understanding?

I think Jed wrote he "no longer follows his ego, only patterns from God" (poorly paraphrasing here). I never heard of this "pattern" thing anywhere else (unless it's made-up nonsense I imagine everyone experiences this, maybe under a different name), so I'm pretty sure it's not an FAQ, but if you're considering talking about it, you have at least one vote! :) 

Edited by nado
minor clarification

Is fingers going through five holes in a sheet of paper a good analogy for how egos see themselves as separate entities?

If God is omnipotent, can it choose to not exist, or is it trapped in existence?

Is playing in duality God's second best? Would it much rather have "real friends" if it could? 

How does God exercise will in non-duality if it lacks agency in the non-dual state? When or how did it make a decision to play in non-duality? Was it a decision?

Edited by Adilbek

13 hours ago, Robi Steel said:

How is God different in a non-dual state than in a dual state? 

@Robi Steel If is non-dual how can be a difference ? The dinstinction about non-dual and dual is dualistic

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What else is there for me to do? Watch the Super Bowl?

@Leo Gura Getting enlightened ?  Doing what you preach? Stop giving non-sensical impossible answers about ''God'' that just shows that you are not enlightened yet , and just holding on this super intellectual know-it-all God Identity 

Sorry

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

If it's all you, what the hell's the point of wasting time teaching this sh*t, let alone talking about it to anybody?

@Joseph Maynor  because that's a nice idea that the Ego loves to exhibit , makes him special .

Is there anything outside of awareness; does god lurk there too? Is god infinite in extent? Why is god infinite in extent? Is my manifestation of life a predestined game of god or a completely random and arbritary dazzle of lights and perception? Does god have a memory? Why? If I am god, why do I not have access to infinite experience? Am I an automaton of/for god? Am I a kind of toy or game for amusement? If god is eternal and I am god why do I not remember eternity?  Am I just a shard or splinter of god, if so do I really matter that much? If god is non-dual then why duality? If I can only 'access' god through psychadelics and meditation, then exactly what is it that I'm experiencing now without psychadelics and meditation: is that a lesser god or no god at all? Is direct experience god? What is indirect experience if not god? Is god actually everything or are some bits left out? Is god, dog spelt backwards? 9_9

All stories and explanations are false.

3 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@Joseph Maynor  because that's a nice idea that the Ego loves to exhibit , makes him special .

To put oneself out there as a teacher to students -- one must claim to know more than those students.  I don't think this always has to manifest in the same way, but it's something to watch out for; namely, always needing to know more than everybody else about a given subject area.  The Ego-Mind will just keep ratcheting up and ratcheting up it's need to feel above those that need its teaching.  See, there's a dynamic here that could lead in unhealthy directions.  This is why I wrote about the Paradox of Being a Teacher And Not Being a Teacher, and how you gotta work both ends of that paradox.  Your Ego-Mind loves to define itself as possessing truth and everybody else as needing help accessing your Ego-Mind's truth because that by definition puts your Ego-Mind at the top of all the other "not as smart" Egos out there.  But this only sustainably works if we assume the parameters of your truth are in fact the truth, which is not exactly universally agreed upon.  Moreover, we're assuming truth is the correct issue to focus on regarding being, which is also not universally agreed upon.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Stop giving non-sensical impossible answers about ''God'' that just shows that you are not enlightened yet

@tecladocasio I'm fairly new to this enlightenment stuff, would you have suggestions to complimentary material noobs like me could look into?

that dude

@rounder which dude are you referring to, Leo or tecladocasio?

@Leo Gura I am thankful for all Your videos. I have two questions that have come up while watching your videos. 

Can you expand a little more about what you mean that every moment is eternal. Is every moment like frozen in time and our awareness is going from snapshot to snapshot? 

When you say everything is a miracle, do you mean because out of an infinity of possibilities this is what happened? Can you expand a little more of what you mean with it's a miracle? Why is it a miracle? 

Can you expand a little more about what you mean that every moment is eternal.

@EcocottonLeo talked a bit more about eternity at the top of this thread's 2nd page. Hope it helps!

47 minutes ago, rounder said:

@nado yeah i wouldn't ask that dude unless you want to stay in a materialist paradigm. just start watching vids after like 2016, the ones before are still going to support it but you shouldn't miss anything from 2016 and on

@rounder Let there be 2016 onwards; and it was good . :PThanks for the pointer!

Edited by nado
Typo

1 hour ago, rounder said:

yeah i wouldn't ask that dude unless you want to stay in a materialist paradigm.

@rounder Why you say this ?

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

puts your Ego-Mind at the top of all the other "not as smart" Egos out there

Yes , as if you need some high-level concept of conciousness to be enlightenment . 

@nado For me , the most powerfull tool are the watching , the ''witness'' practice . You can go all day , is very difficult , but I think is really the one that gives you enlightenment . ( Just to make sure : i'm not enlightenned hahah )

4 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@nado For me , the most powerfull tool are the watching , the ''witness'' practice . You can go all day , is very difficult , but I think is really the one that gives you enlightenment . ( Just to make sure : i'm not enlightenned hahah )

@tecladocasio Cool, would you know of a good tutorial on this? I tried some "self-observing" and it's interesting, but if I'm doing it wrong I'd prefer to find out about it today rather than in 5 years! :)