CreamCat

SAT is bullshit. College is bullshit.

9 posts in this topic

This video shows that SAT measures wealth instead of hard work or intelligence because it's possible to pay a lot of money for best SAT preparation methods that put you ahead of others.

I had a different thought. SAT is bullshit. College is bullshit. As I went through kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, high school, and 4-year university without missing a single day, I directly experienced the bullshit of the entire education system although kindergarten can be good as a day-care center with a little bit of education built-in for busy parents. There are cases when college and graduate school make sense, but it's not necessary or beneficial for many people.

If I couldn't find an economic way to allow my future children to choose their own education methods, I would not make a family in the first place. Maybe, most people's idea of making a family is a bullshit, too. I'm not going to pour a huge chunk of my time and my money into bullshit.

Edited by CreamCat

Leo linked a turquoise university here few months ago. That seemed cool. Forget what it was called

Formal education is bullshit in 99% of cases. Autodidact and Responsibility are the things that will give you success. Outsourcing your education to mainstream culture is almost never a good thing.

Edited by Hello from Russia

You can still have kids. Many conscious people home school their kids.  

Why don't we get a good education by state?
Why does the state not educate self-confident people?
The answer is simple.
Because otherwise people would abolish the state. That would weaken the strong state.
"Good government" is interested in a strong state, not in you.

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Formal education is bullshit in 99% of cases. Autodidact and Responsibility are the things that will give you success. Outsourcing your education to mainstream culture is almost never a good thing.

What do you do in life ?

I think SAT and College are necessary for high paying jobs.

I don't care if they're crap or not. I'll do them if that's what it takes to get me a better job.

The education system is very useful for people at stage blue and orange levels of development. Blue needs to be told exactly what to learn and orange is fixated on hierarchies/credentials/titles/validations that schools provide. 

If you have a growth mindset, addicted to and capable of self teaching. School is a waist of your time. Of course this means things like the traditional loyer or doctor is now out of reach, but its ok you dont want does jobs. 

Also most fields of study are deeply corrupt my capitalism, the education a doctor received for example is fully fraudulent. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Besides a lot of nonsense we learn communication, empathy, sharing, how to speak to girls and boys, how to behave towards elderly, often grow friendships that last a lifetime. A home schooling may deprive you of many of these. I think trashing on all education is a bit exaggeration but there is indeed a lot of BS that is going on especially in the highest cost universities. 

Also not everyone will be able to become conscious and enlightened, many simply don't have the right environment and exposure to be able to ever perceived it. For these people proper education is essential.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus