onacloudynight

Strategies for helping stage blue people evolve into orange?

11 posts in this topic

What are some ways I could build a bridge to help stage blue people evolve into orange? All of my family is heavily blue and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help them. Or is it best to just leave them be and not even get involved?

Edited by onacloudynight

I would personally advise carefulness.
Moving up a stage usually comes naturally because you feel an urge to expand your worldview. If you're not open to learn a higher perspective, you wont move up.

This doesn't mean that you can't try not help them move up. Show them cool orange things they might resonate with; talk with them about science and philosophy, show them different kinds of entertainment or any other things that are fun and hedonistic. If they take the bait, then you expose them to more of it and feed their desire to embody more orange.

But, if they don't show any signs of being open to move up and feel comfortable in stage blue, then please don't. In the best case, you would just waste your own time.
Leaving a stage behind can come with a lot of inner conflicts, let's assume the following example: A 80yo person has believed in God all his life and based all his major decisions on this believe. He hasn't followed his passion, but instead done what he believed to be right based on one fundamental belief this person had. If you would proof to this person one month before their death that God doesn't exist and that they were always free to do anything they wanted, this epiphany would be nothing but an unbearable amount of suffering to them. I personally hold the opinion that in cases like this, it would be better to let a person blindly believe what they want to believe. 
What I mean by that: the last thing you want is a stage blue person who realizes the limitations of his/her stage, but isn't open to let go and move up. They would just be stuck knowing deep inside that some things they believed are false, while also being too attached to let go of them.

If you are gonna run around, telling people what to do, that's just you being the one, who is stage blue imo. Take care of yourself first.

I would say literature, it is a good way to refine mankind in my opinion, but to make people interact with literature is different story, my family is influenced with blue too, but as they see me and my brother on how we interpretate  the world, they kinda loosened their opinions, my mother been reading books for 7 years, it turned out interestingly, now she is looking a bigger picture on the community she lives, but she also disappointed with how the things and people around her being meaningless, although here post-modernity plays a big role too. I found those TV shows (there are just many of them) are here to make things as orange as it gets. But there are still some areas that TV shows don't interfere with blue aspects for oblivious reasons. Really nothing comes to my mind except curiosity and literature. Hopefully it helps.

@onacloudynight the reason you have to practice love and acceptance is because you can't change a person unless they want to be changed. Some people aren't meant to go higher, have no desire to. The best thing you could do is lead by example and not try to change people directly. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

21 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@onacloudynight the reason you have to practice love and acceptance is because you can't change a person unless they want to be changed. Some people aren't meant to go higher, have no desire to. The best thing you could do is lead by example and not try to change people directly. 

Yeah, that is very true. Thanks. I still wonder if there is some way I could subtly plant seeds in their mind and through that they might come to the conclusion that they do in-fact want to change, but it would be their own decision. I just planted the seeds.

Edited by onacloudynight

2 minutes ago, onacloudynight said:

Yeah, that is very true. Thanks. I still wonder if there is some way I could subtly plant seeds in their mind and through that they might come to the conclusion on their own, without me telling them directly.

@onacloudynight  I've tried exactly that. The failure rate was 100 %. People will even lie to you, that they are interested, you cannot influence someone this way in my opinion. Notice, that most legit spiritual teachers don't do any advertisements, they wait for the people, who are ready to to reach their teachings, otherwise they might just make it even worse for them by forcefully giving themselves out. This „planting of seeds“ is exactly the same things as every ideologue does, it is an ego trap basically. You first need to develop yourself and then people will come asking you: „Hey man, how come you live such an amazing life?“

1 hour ago, onacloudynight said:

Yeah, that is very true. Thanks. I still wonder if there is some way I could subtly plant seeds in their mind and through that they might come to the conclusion that they do in-fact want to change, but it would be their own decision. I just planted the seeds.

This is manipulation. Drop it. Really contemplate and go through scenarios where your good intentions of trying to change people will backfire and do a disservice to the people you're trying to help. 

There's no "buts." No Shortcuts. No cheats to make people understand. Notice that your wanting of other people to change is actually ego-centered. You want the cheat codes! You THINK you want this for their benefit, but no, that's just a smokescreen for your egoic desires of validation. The universe is going to reflect that right back at you, and it's not going to be pretty. 

There's a great quote, funny enough, from the movie "XXX" with Vin Diesel and Samuel L. Jackson. Vin says, "If you're going to send someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is." Man, if you could just unpack the deep wisdom in that quote...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@onacloudynight

I am struggling with this development from Blue to Orange personally, so here are my preachy thoughts:

First, your family probably already has some elements of orange in them. I agree with the earlier post. Appeal to their opinions on any orange topic—costs and benefits, financial investment, particular scientific studies (e.g., a research study about the health benefits of coffee). 

Blue people seek (among other things) equilibrium, stability, and predictability. The complexity of their values can develop when their perceived needs are met. My suggestion is to encourage them to utilize the resources they already have without rocking the boat too much.

For example, surely they have time. Drives to succeed seems highly correlated with affirmations of independent exploration at a young age (as opposed to strict upbringings). So, appeal to their boredom at work. Reading a new book could reduce their boredom. Be interested in anything new they have done (e.g., going for a hike).

Frame any resource use as virtuous.  Joining a book club is courageous. It is fair to give back to society and volunteer in a community group (leadership skills). 

They probably have access to great information—but are they utilizing is resource effectively? Maybe they are just skimming FB and news headlines? A very generous gift of a paper subscription to a magazine journal, like Nature might be a partial answer for that. It is prudent to learn about what is going on in the world, like machine learning, the internet of things, and robotics. 

They might have access to significant educational resources, like pottery classes, book clubs, technical institutes, or student loans. 

Of course, any objective you propose should be feasible. It would be important to acknowledge worst-case scenarios they throw back in your face, as possible risks. Emphasize that these risks are not likely to materialize. With hard work, the success is almost guaranteed. It might be helpful to point out that the circumstances of their lives are different than other people: ‘Someone in your shoes has an opportunity to contribute to society in bigger ways.’ 

Finally, I think compassion has an essential role in the movement from orange to blue. As the pseudonymous saying of St. Francis goes, “Lord, grant that I seek not so much to be understood as to understand.” Blue may judge orange as lacking integrity and just trying to pull a fast one. However, people moving from Blue to Orange need to know that 'it's going to be okay--objectively.'

A way that should work is success-oriented self-help. Nothing spiritual or nondual or New Agey or metaphysical. Just pure techniques for being more successful at everyday life. Secular advice, like a book about how to earn more money or a book on how to be more charismatic. Perhaps a book on history, biography, or popular science. That kind of stuff.

A person who's in high Blue should show an interest in the above.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yes, don't force it on them. Inspire them, show them ideas, examples. Trying to convince them works counter productive. Be the example yourself and they'll become naturally more interested. Or not. 

The art is to look without looking