Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

The story of a 14-year old who visited an Osho meditation centre

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I only came back 20 mins ago and wanted to share my experience in case I forgot too much about it. Bear with me, you are in for a ride :)

Today, around 5:20 p.m I decided to go to this Osho meditation centre. I have been wanting to go there for a long time, but didn't have the time or courage really. I told myself that it is either now or never.
To skip a bit forward, after 40 min in the tram, I walked down a street or two and arrived. The door wasn't open, maybe because it was (and still is right now) very cold outside. When I wanted to reach for the bell, a man noticed me and opened the door. He welcomed me. He was actually a nice guy. Polite and all. He asked me if this was my first time, I responded with ''yes''. I told him that I don't know that much about Osho, besides that he wrote books and that there is an entire Netflix show where he is in.
We went to the main area (where all the activities happen) and there were already cushions set up. Nearby the door were a few chairs and he asked me to sit down. Since I was new, he wanted to explain me what we were gonna do. I will tell about everything that happened of course, but to keep this part short, he explained me ''Evening Meditation with Osho Video''.
I asked for the bathroom, it was upstairs. When I went upstairs, I noticed a lot of Osho pictures. The guy was everywhere. I met a guy in one bathroom, but apparently the toilet wasn't located there. Later on, he would join the evening meditation as well.
So when I came downstairs, there were some more people. They were all talking and greeting each other. I asked the man what I was supposed to do and he told me that I should sit on one of the cushions. I took one in the back (there were 2 rows of cushions) far in the right. I waited, and waited, until the rest came and the guy started putting up different music (there was already music playing). When I say music, I don't mean good ol' mainstream music with rap, bitches, money and status. No, this was all about peace. The text was mostly about love and opening oneself and the background sound was really peaceful.
When everyone else came, I noticed some people bringing extra cushions. Yeah... I didn't know that that was allowed. I thought that you had to do with what you got. I didn't want more cushions anyways. In front of me were two women sitting. Far to my left were two guys sitting and in front of them were two guys sitting. All the way on the left (in the first row) was the guy sitting who welcomed me. 
Before I knew it, people were closing their eyes. I supposed that the meditation had already begun and decided to close my eyes too. But oh boy was I wrong. Music started playing and the women in front of me started to stand up. They were dancing. After seeing five people stand up and dance, I came to the conclusion that this was the dancing part. Yes, it took me that long. I stood up and was at first very shy. You see, I never dance in my free time. I started to focus on my inner self, the True or No Self as some might call it, and I felt the energy. I started to dance and before I knew it, I was going wild. Everybody had their eyes closed, so I did it too. Damn... I felt alive. What can I say? It felt pretty amazing to say the least. I felt so whole. Actually quite incredible.
After dancing for a while and realizing that I danced with my body like it was a heart (so as if it needed to beat like a heart) the music started to slow down. This was the part where I got confused with what to do. All of the sudden people were holding up their arms and screaming ''OSHO!!!''. Music started again and this cycle continued for another two times. First time I didn't know, second time I screamed the guy's name but not that hard and the third time I was all in. OSHO!!!
All fun and stuff, but after all that dancing the music stopped. It was very... silent. Very silent. This was the part where you had to focus inwards into your Being (as Eckhart Tolle calls it). The guy who welcomed me actually used the word ''Being'' back when he explained me what to do. People started to sit down and so did I. It was very silent. I thought that now was the time to meditate and so I did. The cycle of being the observer and getting lost in thoughts began and I, myself, was in for a ride.
They put on one Osho video. The guy walked in and people here were putting their hands like the namaste greeting as if Osho was really here. I don't know why, but I guess it couldn't hurt to do it too. Osho talked about many things. From explaining how anger gets created (through suppressing laughter according to Osho), to cracking some jokes, to talking about why some enlightened guy during the era of Gautama Buddha was naked, to starting a guided meditation, to come back again at cracking some jokes. The first video he had a short beard, second video the guy was flexing with his glasses and in the third and fourth video he was completely flexing on me (of course I am joking here, although Osho looked all pimped up).
Now we started to get into the unknown territory (at least for me). Osho screamed or something and people were starting to do ''jibbering''. Do you know what that is? Jibbering? Turns out, you had to speak anything that came up to you. Anything. So I went all out. Saying the weirdest stuff. Damn I went from repeating certain words, to saying the word ''Stalin'', to talk in laughter. Osho screamed again and it was silent.
The guy started to talk in a guided meditation way. You know, opening oneself and all. Yesterday actually I think I was quite close to some kind of mystical experience and Osho only made that stronger today.
Besides that I was in tears, Osho started to end his speech and left. He took 10 min to look around and make sure to look everybody in the eye, while holding his hands in the namaste greeting. Damn... respect.
He left and so ended the meditation. We started to stand up, come back to the world and putting all the cushions back. Apparently, I was supposed to do that too. I asked the guy how I could help, he told me to grab some big cushions and put them in a way that they were leaning against the walls. He asked me how it was, I said that it was perfect. He hugged some of his friends and I left. 

Damn this took long to type. I hope you enjoyed the read. I will visit them again for sure.

Take care.

It’s so awesome to see you explore life and spirituality. 

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It made me smile. ? 

@Richard Alpert  I never intended to become a part of their group, if that is what you mean. I simply wanted to experience new stuff.

@Ampresus better to choose non controversial masters programs.

One can be easily mislead by rajneesh books.