outlandish

What are some of the peak experiences in your life?

15 posts in this topic

What have been some of the peak experiences in your life? ..however you define that.

We can't always be in the zone of perfect flow, or whatever it is for you, but it can be useful to reflect on those special times that stand out in our lives. 

Go!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

One experience that comes to mind:

I tried twenty two times over 10 years to qualify for the Boston Marathon and failed each time. I got real close several times, yet a late injury or bad race weather would squash the dream yet again.

On my 23rd attempt, I ran the whole race with a pacer from Runners World Magazine. I just focused on running by his side. I was so close to him that his flag pole hit me a couple times during the race. 

Right before we make the last turn and hit the home stretch, he turns to me, smiles and says “You did it”. Then he motioned for me to run ahead of him. As I ran down the homestretch, I looked at the clock above the finish line and realized this was actually happening. I put my face in my hands and started trembling. Relief and joy was expressed through tears. The crowd realized what was happening and, to my surprise, gave a loud ovation. 

I practiced pickup for some time last year and every time i got in the flow state (we call it "getting in state") was kind of a peak experience in itself, i felt just invincible, with close to zero social anxiety, it was one of the best feelings i ever experienced in my life, a deep sense of freedom, certainty, confidence that women can smell from a mile away. I came from a fucked background of awful low self-esteem and limiting beliefs so this was a really big deal for me, especially because most of the time i was sober lol Not even to say the successes i had actually hooking up with women this way. One time i was as a concert and approached a couple of females, they weren't beautiful, i didn't give a fuck i went for a threeway kiss, one of them (the cutest one)  was kind of resistant, i noticed that a few meters from us, there were dozens of people watching me trying to pick up them both and they saw the whole situation. At one point, another cute girl passed and i promptly looked at the that reciprocated with a huge smile, i didn't say a word and kind of commanded her to come (with my hand), she came and i went directly for the kiss in front of the other two i was trying to pick up lol The whole crowd started to scream and cheer like CRAZY like "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH SHIIITTT". The previous girls didn't go away although the cute one was shy from the situation (they were kind of impressed) and a fourth girl passed by and i did the SAME and kissed her again in front of everybody which made the crowd go wild again lol

Needless to say that i  never felt so confident in my life, i was completely sober and i felt like a god bending reality or something. 

After being overweight my entire teenage/adult life I lost 38.102kg and broke free from the chains of prescription meds (morphine) after 7/8 years of daily usage. 

You?

13 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

After being overweight my entire teenage/adult life I lost 38.102kg and broke free from the chains of prescription meds (morphine) after 7/8 years of daily usage. 

You?

Wow! Thats the definition of Self-Actualized! Happy for you!

Happy for you all!:P

1. One of my peak experiences was playing a music-gig packed with people in a small bar, I was looking into the audiences eyes and really feeling like they understood and that there was connection. Thats something to live for.:) 

2. Last summer after listening to a book while randomly inquiring for a few hours  realizing ”I” was witnessing ”me” and thats how it always had been... Incredibly beautiful (really small) taste of what true non-duality could be. :x

3. Landing my first kickflips when I was around 12 years old.xD

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@outlandish I'm still young and haven't done much with my life so far, so I might be an odd case, but almost all of my top 10 greatest experiences have happened on psychedelics in the last couple years. Of course, these experiences can't simply be described... You'll just have to take my word for it :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Rilles Cheer's dude!!

Not to mention breaking free from the chains of the mind also ;) they go hand in hand.

That gig experience sounds amazing!! ❤️

Eating a pizza

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

22 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Eating a pizza

That made me smile ? 

Thanks for sharing everyone, this thread makes me happy :) :)

There are so many great experienced I wish to share. I think the biggest one was the realisation that I could literally take off all my clothes and run around naked in the streets and not give a flying f*uck. There was no ego for a moment. Mind you, this was during a peak LSD experience ;)

I've never felt so free in my life. I seemed to last for ages, for infinity. Untill the peak was over QQ

And also music. When your connect very deeply with a song. Man. 

@NoSelfSelf

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Eating a pizza

I second this! 

The art is to look without looking 

These all amazing and joyous stories to read! Keep 'em coming!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I was thinking that helping a wife during the birth of a kid is my peak experience, but after using psychedelic and becoming Infinity this is, definitely, the peak.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

• Playing jazz trumpet on a real bandstand in front of an audience.
  • Finding my life purpose.
  • Getting my daily routine/ schedule implemented.
  • Getting my diet implemented.
  • Implementing my Project Binder.
  • Many of my psychedelic trips.
  • Doing all the writing I've done about personal development.
  • Traveling to Athens, Rome, Istanbul, Beijing, Taipei.  (Each for 2 weeks at a time)
  • Practicing jazz trumpet when I know I'm improving.
  • Discovery of "being" and what Enlightenment Work is and accomplishes.
  • Hanging out with friends.
  • Exercising when I know I'm into it and motivated.
  • Going on walks where I get to see the ocean and where I get to sort of think out loud to myself and reflect.
  • Long meditation sessions where I'm really into it and meditating a lot (like 4 or more hours at a time).
  • Listening to albums.  And every once in a while I stumble upon a new amazing album I've never heard.
  • One-on-one helping people with their personal development issues.
  • Deep understanding of World Philosophy after many years of study and majoring in philosophy in college.
Edited by Joseph Maynor