Pilgrim

Is It Too Late For Promoting my Content on Instagram?

7 posts in this topic

Hey there, 

I want to put some of my content out there and I am thinking about a good medium. I guess I'll start with online. My work is visual (paintings and little drawings) combined with thoughtful insights. The topics are often society- or relationship-related. 

I guess I could look out for a few FB groups that fit as well, to engage with the community there. But mainly I am thinking about Instagram (maybe Pinterest and Quora as well). Is there another social network that could be interesting? Maybe Tumblr?

There are also some social networks specifically for artists, but I am not sure if my content fits there best. I guess Instagram is the most suiting, because there is a big community there and it's easy to connect with other artists and get to know people in the scene.  

I am a complete newbe to social media marketing. If anyone is willing to give me any tips, I'd be really grateful. One thing I do not want to do is to present myself or share anything private about me. I wonder if that is a disadvantage (especially on Instagram), but I don't want to present myself and market myself as a person, but only my content. Of course I know that the way I present it has to fit and be consistent. But there will be no photographs of me as a person in my daily life. 

Do you think it's still possible to get a real presence on Instagram? Any ideas on what to focus? Also: Is it better to focus on one social network such as Instagram or should I try to build something on multiple outlets.. and try my best on Pinterest and Tumblr as well? 

Thanks in advance, very excited to hear your opinions :) 

Edited by Pilgrim

Instagram has a great art community, I find other artists are very supportive there. I rarely use it as a place to post about my personal life, just to post my art. I don't know about Pinterest and the other sites but I think you'll like Instagram.

Instagram feels like the easiest platform to promote your art on. Just throw some tags then only count hearts and followers you start to get.

By all means go for it. If you already have a wide selection of artworks, it takes nothing to post it. 

I agree! IG is easy to use and you can create a wide range by using the right tags. Make sure you have a plan, though. Think of a concept so your account follows a stringent theme and it looks harmonious and uniform.

@Pilgrim How is the progress? Do you mind sharing your Instagram username? I would love to have a look. :) Perhaps I could give you a free shoutout, I have 20k followers on a page in the art niche.