Harikrishnan

Smart phone addiction

29 posts in this topic

I am Love. Say this to yourself.

You are Love. Say this to things you see within and without you in your daily life.

This creates the emotion of love (the greatest of all happiness). Why is this important? Your mind holds an understanding that your phone holds your happiness. Create love within yourself consciously. When you create this, nothing in this world can addict you again. All addictions cease, and all desires, because all addictions and desires were in search for love that you can create.

Also, feel your heart while you say this. And say it with power as a creator.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

19 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

Check out cal newport’s book digital minimalism. It may have relevant information you can use.

I will check it out. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

5 hours ago, Solace said:

You are Love. Say this to things you see within and without you in your daily life.

This creates the emotion of love (the greatest of all happiness). Why is this important? Your mind holds an understanding that your phone holds your happiness. Create love within yourself consciously. When you create this, nothing in this world can addict you again. All addictions cease, and all desires, because all addictions and desires were in search for love that you can create.

Its beautiful. I will surely try it. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I find it fun to put the phone in my pocket and look at people wherever I go. In the chance I catch a glimpse of their eyes flash a smile, a sustained glance or strike up a conversation. Every once in  awhile I can get a stranger to laugh at one of my stupid jokes, but usually a smile in a mere effort is enough for me. If you can get someone to dance I would recommend that too. Even if the engagement is deemed low quality as evidence by their lack of appreciation of our dancing skills I'd say it's still a win in the archaic war against modern technology. 

Instead of trying to stop using your phone, try to engage in more activities so you won't have time to use your phone. Try to get out of your house more and myabe 1 day every week you can stop using it completely.

Very REAL problem. I have quit Social Media myself for about a year now and the benefits are amazing. To leave platforms just because you're addicted might not be enough. The real question is - What is it keeping you from doing ? 

May be knowing how it is affecting your mind can make you more aware about it and help you ultimately. 

@Harikrishnan a few things that have helped me over the years. Remember, it is a LONG PROCESS. I have n internet addiction too and it can always creep up on you even if you think you’ve gotten over it. You will get better, relapse, stand up, relapse, and over and over many times because it’s not something we can just get rid of over night, it takes patience, kindness and awareness. 

1) be aware that you have a addiction and admit it

2) have some hobbies you can do that takes up your free time so you have less time where you are bored or have nothing to do

3) if you don’t have will power like me: simply delete all apps one your phone, block the websites and have only one place where you can access them for practical reasons. For me my phone and iPad almost have no social media. I use Facebook , messenger, YouTube on my laptop 

4) meditate 

5) practice doing only ONE THING AT A TIME. ex, when you are brushing your teeth, just brush your teeth, when you are walking from one place to another, just walk and try not to check your phone. When you are on the interne, be fully on the internet and just aware of the ONE thing that you are doing 

6) don’t beat yourself up for it and expect to have fallbacks and relapses when you are working to break a bad habit 

good luck! I m making a video talking about those thing 8n details, :) in the editing process right now 

On 06. Februar 2019 at 1:42 AM, Solace said:

this is so precious, thank you Solace <3

whatever arises, love that