pluto8

Awareness: Leo vs Mingyur

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to put it out there that in Leo's video on awareness he says we do not always have awareness and in Mingyur Rinpoche's video on awareness he says the awareness is always there whether we know it or not.

Is one correct and the other wrong or are they referring to different things?

these are my sources

:) :),

pluto8

Edited by pluto8

this sounds like a good fight, my money's on Leo! :x

oh my bad didnt read your post so well. :P

May i ask who you think is correct? @pluto8

Edited by DrewNows

When Leo made his video, I wonder how much of the information he provided was learned from other sources and how much was his own discovery. I guess that kind of goes for all the videos. Obviously he would have grown over time....so the more recent the video is the more input he can provide right? I guess that would depend on the topic as well......

whoooo freakin knows hha

this type of shit though, w/ one person saying this and the other person saying something else is starting to get old.....especially since some topics have more than just two people claiming to be right.

Edited by pluto8

the good thing is you dont and shouldnt take anyone's word for anything! Including mine. 

Sounds like maybe you need to figure out a way to do some verifying. If you trust both their judgement then look into the possibility they are both right coming from different perspectives and or definitions of what exactly they mean by "awareness" 

Cheers dude! 

ya I can feel that.

fyi-just made a minor change to my original post.

Anyone think we should tag Leo?

LEEEEEEOOOOOOOO THIIIS DUUDE SAID SOMETHIIING EEEELLLLLLSSE

Edited by pluto8

You can't compare these directly to each other. This notion of "awareness" is a very loaded notion, changing depending on context.

You could say awareness is there all the time.

You could say awareness doesn't exist at all.

Both are true simultaneously. You have to know what is being pointed it.

Also, my newer video: What Is Consciousness? is a more accurate explanation than the video of mine you linked above.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The difference will be, awareness is always there but you often are identified with the mind

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

Awareness is always there but your focus is mostly on the story/mind not the senses. Senses are always in the now so to speak thats why you feel more aware when you stop thinking.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't compare these directly to each other. This notion of "awareness" is a very load notion and it changes depending on context.

You could say awareness is there all the time.

You could say awareness doesn't exist at all.

Both are true simultaneously. You have to know what is being pointed it.

Also, my newer video: What Is Consciousness? is a more accurate explanation than the video of mine you linked above.

I don't remember you saying there is a difference between knowing awareness and having awareness. Something like that at least.

I was beginning to wonder if it was a context/terminology thing.....

In your video, once I got further through it you said that we are probably at a level 1-3 awareness right now out of 10 million.

I find it quite perplexing that it can exist all the time and not exist at all. Technically though, YOU COULD SAY whatever the ehck you WANT to say hahaha.......

Anyways, ummm, I'll check the video on consciousness, I know you were getting into consciousness a bit in the awareness vid.

My thought of the day(well, I thought III thought it before..) is that across the big picture of things, like just all this stuff in general, seems like there is some putting of pieces together ya know

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to response Leo, and everyone else too. I hope it's not to silly of a question hahaha

Edited by pluto8

Oh btw, what you said about, knowing what is being pointed it, is quite interesting too, mb a little perplexing.

Almost like a paradox or somethin...

Or you just mean, what is being pointed? IT!

@Leo Gura So you know how sound when played does not sound like there is space in between, but if you zoom in it becomes a vibration with space in between...?   You had said "you" could say awareness is there all the time or say it doesn't exist at all..... Does it have an oscillation/vibration? Could that vibration like, be visible to us as welll...For ex: When meditating sometimes you will begin thinking and then you bring your attention back to whatever your suppose to bring it back to. The oscillation there would be the going between what is focused on and the wandering mind/thinking or whatever............

Anyways whether it is visible to us or not, is there a vibration with space/no awareness in between? If so, I don't blame Mingyur for getting into it that deep.

I did have one other idea and it is that awareness just doesn't exist at all, yet is also there in a way...... Like WE ARE AWARE, awareness is not an ACTUAL thing existing though.....the thing existing is US, the ones who ARE aware. Is that a possiblity?

Oh god, then there is the being aware of being aware thing, but I guess that still works lol.....in reference to what I just described above.

I bet if both my ideas were correct you could even combine them in a way haha

Ya just so people know none of what I said is fact, I'ma just thinking.......... :)

FYI: I can only imagine what you can not put into words Leo.......

Edited by pluto8