Aakash

I'm losing memory - what to do?

14 posts in this topic

i'm losing my memory of awakening; its almost like non duality and duality never occured in the first place, and i'm questioning how i arrived at mystical experiences, is there such thing as even a mystical experience, is god real etc.. all the questions i answered before with non duality, they're fading away as if noting has happened. even questions like how i arrived at the fact we are all one, i'm not sure if its the logic behind it going i.e 

we are ...., this is A,B,C therefore 1,2,3 so F,J,H aka we are one, 

my foundations for the knowledge i built up are dissappearing,

whats up with me? 

@Aakash its ego backlash.

When you become conscious of the absolute truth it is a huge threat to your ego...nay..to your very own existence.  

So your ego will kick into high gear and use self deception to make you forget non-dualism ever existed.

Its a difficult period.  Just ground yourself in consciousness work.  Once you have had an enlightenment experience it never can be undone..you have been opened up.  It may appear to have closen because that's what the ego wants you to believe....but continue the work and eventually one day you will break through again.  It will be even harder this time so you must continue to do the work.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

26 minutes ago, Aakash said:

i'm losing my memory of awakening; its almost like non duality and duality never occured in the first place, and i'm questioning how i arrived at mystical experiences, is there such thing as even a mystical experience, is god real etc.. all the questions i answered before with non duality, they're fading away as if noting has happened. even questions like how i arrived at the fact we are all one, i'm not sure if its the logic behind it going i.e 

we are ...., this is A,B,C therefore 1,2,3 so F,J,H aka we are one, 

my foundations for the knowledge i built up are dissappearing,

whats up with me? 

that's because it was never about logic, except for beginners.

your "foundations of knowledge" were wrong, that's why they are fading away. let them die off and go back to self-inquiry

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

whats up with me? 

Oh my god I had a perfect advice for this I swear but... I just cant remember... ughhh

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Ego defends itself by forgetting stuff. That's alright. It can soften up over time by for example you feeling your emotions when there is resistance

2 hours ago, Martin123 said:

Oh my god I had a perfect advice for this I swear but... I just cant remember... ughhh

xDxDxD (in a post about memory)

@Aakashyeah you don't have a memory (can you be okay with this?)...it's your cue to drop everything and "be" content without knowing, let's see where you go

Edited by DrewNows

Don’t cling to mystical experiences.

“Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." (Zen quote)

3 hours ago, Martin123 said:

Lol

@Aakash You are awakening, concepts will start to fade away. You'll fall more and more into the unknown. The mind wants to explain things in a cause and effect manner but in reality they just happen. They appear and disappear without any need to justify and explain.

The short answer:

It's all good. Totally normal when you start to awaken. :)

@Aakash it's not that you've lost it. You've never had it in the first place.

What you're referring to as knowledge is really just concepts and imagination.

True knowledge is gained through experience, not thinking.

'Everything is one' is not a concept that you understand, it's an experience to be had.

It's an experience so intimate, that you can't distinguish yourself from other.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Aakash Same here with me.

I just can't honestly relate with what happened in my life. Every morning feels like I'm here for the first time.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom thats exactly the feeling, being unable to relate to what happened in life and thinking wait did all of that just happen in my head, or is it actually real :') i just laughed at myself... concepts, concepts,concepts they can only get you so far! 

its also like reality doesn't exsist, its only a dream- in real life! like i wake up from a dream into a dream and therejust so many vast layers of dreaming. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash I feel you, even my day-to-day normal memory is fading. Sometimes, it's even to the point where I feel like I have a mental condition, lol. From research though, this is pretty common for people on the path. Your previous memory was based on an illusion of the brain, so when you shatter that illlusion, your memory starts to go with it. What you should work towards is becoming conscious of how memory is actually stored in the body. Look up Ryan Cropper on YT. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Aakash thats what memory loss is.

As to the knowledge point remember awakening is direct experience.  Knowledge is just concept.  Once its gone you are back in the direct experience of your ego and its gonna fight like hell to ensure the memory of that direct experience fades.  And it will make you doubt it is real.

Thats why you must have another direct experience of the absolute.  Thats all you cam do because everything else is illusion.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.