MondoBondo320

OneNote Commonplace Book ideas?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, this is my first post and topic on these wonderful, insightful forums and I look forward to becoming more of a regular in the future!

Anyways, I've been really into the idea of a Commonplace Book and I've been hammering away at it all month. I haven't felt this inspired in quite a while over something that isn't related to video games. I've just finished transferring my old physical journals into OneNote and I've been adding notes as well. But, I'm worried that a lack of ideas may cause my inspiration to falter. That's were I turn to you! I want to greatly expand upon this Commonplace Book and I would love to hear and/or see what other people use as sections and what is most beneficial for them! Thank you for your time! :D

Welcome to the forum!

I use it for goals of all kinds, book notes, inspiring quotes, schedules (kind of like a checklist for my eating habits, meditation, yoga, journaling, etc.), collecting and organizing important webpages and online articles, inspiring people, burning questions and my thoughts and info about them, life purpose course, women (organizing my notes on relationships, dating advice, etc.), and just quick notes on anything at all throughout the day (many of these can be inspiration for new sections). I also have sections on ego (probably my biggest and most important section) and nonduality. Those are more advanced though, the rest are highly practical and you could start tomorrow.  

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I have been using Onenote for over a year and the structure of my notebooks have changed a lot. 

It depends a lot on what you want to do with it. 

I have recipes, study notes, poems, dream journals, goals, ideas, notes, link lists and much more in Onenote.

You don't have to spend a lot of time on thinking about how to lay out your Onenote. It's easy to change and I have changed it a lot as my data changed. 

Thank you so much for the help, everyone! I've added a daily schedule and a food diary to my Commonplace Book. I'll build up from there soon, I hope!