AlphaAbundance

How to maximize fasting for spirtual growth?

29 posts in this topic

I do 24 hour fast once a week. Great for self discipline. Actually the only good advice I ever got from Victor Oddo.

Sometimes I do a week long fast but this is for stoicism reasons (purposely acting poor AF so if you are ever poor AF you can handle it, (great tip from Tim Ferris). Clears out all the toxins too.

Fasting triggers ketosis and deep ketosis + meditation is like GOD MODE.

As for health, intermittent fasting is awesome, I do 18/6.

@AlphaAbundance

In Islam, Muslims fast for 30 days every year in a month called "Ramadan".

The tradition goes like this: as the sun rises up you stop eating and drinking and having sex, until the sun comes down, then you can go back to normal. That cycle occurs every single day for a whole month.

In my opinion, it's safer. Because intensive deprivation can probably initiate important health risks.

And as @ajasatya was saying; there's a middle way.

Try not to harm yourself through spirituality. Because that might backfire.

13 minutes ago, rounder said:

what do you mean?

how come what i mean? O.o

which part didn't you understand?

unborn Truth

10 minutes ago, rounder said:

no, that's what i said. there are many ethical codes. buddhism has its own and so does christianism and yoga.

an example of self-punishment is staying on your knees for several hours, enduring pain for no reason.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

1 minute ago, rounder said:

@ajasatya thanks! so that's a good one to start with for now?

for sure. but you have to deeply inquire every single item of the list. it has to be very clear to you whether it's a healthy principle to follow or a toxic principle to follow. and it has to be even clearer why it's healthy or toxic.

be very careful here because attached minds might deceive themselves into thinking that healthy is toxic or vice-versa.

unborn Truth

12 minutes ago, rounder said:

thanks, if you have your own saved somewhere or a favorite of yours i'd love to check it out, but you seem to have this mastered already so it's probably just subconscious lol

i was talking to @Aakash about it a few days ago. personally, i like to mix the buddhist noble eight-fold path and the 8 limbs of yoga (pay close attention to the yamas and the niyamas).

unborn Truth

@AlphaAbundance why the fuck are you starving yourself for 31 days? I know that can't be good for you, and hate to break it to you, but that's not spirituality. 

Don't torture yourself man... Instead, clean up your diet, and start a meditation and yoga practice. Not saying the path is "comfortable," but the best results are achieved in relative comfort with relatively little time commitment. Work smart, don't hustle your way to spirituality (and malnutrition).

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

I love what you are doing and personally practice fasting as much as i can. My kundalini led me to eat only fruits (mostly juices), sometimes i do some 24h dry fasting but it is still hard on me (lots of toxins being purged) and i noticed that i accelerate my spiritual growth a LOT doing this cleanse on the body, lots of insights, breakthroughs, blocks being dissolved etc. 

31 days is extremely hardcore, good luck and stay safe. And consider doing such things under medical supervision. 

As for maximizing the fast, I would think that immersing yourself in nature (and not in the internet, electronics etc) would be helpful. I would opt for books over internet forums if you need something to do to fill your time. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”