Shakazulu

Self - Will

14 posts in this topic

I realized I have no control over what's going on. All I can do is become conscious. Our world has a food chain. Animals don't have a choice on what their eaten by. I can imagine how many systems are playing a role in our so called " decision " 

11 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

I realized I have no control over what's going on. All I can do is become conscious.

Nice realization ?? 

11 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

Our world has a food chain. Animals don't have a choice on what their eaten by. I can imagine how many systems are playing a role in our so called " decision " 

Notice how your mind then wants to make up a story about what that realization means. My mind does the same thing after each realization. The next stage for me is to over-conceptualize, then deconstruct all the constructs I created. 

From a realization, there is an infinite number of stories would could tell about it. Sometimes I try to just sit in silence and contemplate the realization in my direct experience. 

@Shakazulu Yep, it’s a big jump. What I find is that as soon as I try to make sense of it, it reduces the depth of the realization. 

I’ve found a little conceptualization is good as a framework, yet my mind tends to over-intellectualize things. 

What did the realization feel like? Some feel a sense of fear, others a sense of liberation.

2 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

@Serotoninluv liberation because control leads to internal conflict 

Internal conflict can lead to insights

Edited by purerogue

4 hours ago, purerogue said:

Internal conflict can lead to insights

No internal conflict = tapped in to infinite insights. Do you ever wonder why enlightened masters utter nothing but pure wisdom?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

16 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

I realized I have no control over what's going on. All I can do is become conscious. Our world has a food chain. Animals don't have a choice on what their eaten by. I can imagine how many systems are playing a role in our so called " decision " 

Isnt becoming conscious some sort of control?:DYou can choose to become conscious or not

@Shakazulu you don't do the universe, the universe does you! B|

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

8 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

No internal conflict = tapped in to infinite insights. Do you ever wonder why enlightened masters utter nothing but pure wisdom?

I said internal conflict can lead to insights, not that you you will have it while having internal conflict, it is like pushing yourself to new boundary and passing  it , Mooji’s had internal; conflict  before Enlightenment, Eckhart Tolle’s had internal conflict before it, but I am not really talking about Enlightenment here.