FredFred

Inception of the ego

7 posts in this topic

If I'm not mistaken, the ego takes place in a child's mind when he is about 1 to 3 years old. As he learn to recognize himself in a mirror, he also begins to separate different things into separate different things, as in he puts different labels in his mind alongside different abstract concepts.

Is this inception of the ego inevitable? Would it be possible to raise a children in a way that he wouldn't develop this illusory ego?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Interesting question. Seems to me like the brain is something we experience, and the EGO is a biproduct of that.
Heard recently by rupert spira that being borned enlightened is possible, but he had no idea if anyone have become born enlightened. He proceeded with saying that that person would not be of any use to society because he/she could not relate to humans....

@FredFred Can't remember if i read/heard this somewhere but i don't think you're supposed to interfere with the process of developing an ego in a child as it could result in developmental issues or be unhealthy in some way.

18 minutes ago, Saarah said:

@FredFred Can't remember if i read/heard this somewhere but i don't think you're supposed to interfere with the process of developing an ego in a child as it could result in developmental issues or be unhealthy in some way.

Of course that isn't something I want to experiment on haha

I'm simply curious as to whether this would be possible or not.

Breathing out, I smile.

An insight I'm having right now, this applies to others as well :

Why am I thinking about stuff like this? This is just concepts, mental-masturbation. Why am I not meditating right now? Why am I not doing self-inquiry? I'll never reach enlightenment the way I'm on right now! What in the fuck is a single 20 minutes of meditation daily gonna do to me? Absolutely fuck all.

Why am I not serious about my practice?! I WANT to be disciplined, I want it SO MUCH. I'm aching inside just by thinking about it. Becoming enlightened should be my absolute top priority goal, at all times. From summer to winter, healthy of sick, hungry or tired, I should have my eyes fucking pointed in that direction.

You'd have to be mentally challenged in order not to wanna reach enlightenment! Only a fucking retard would prefer a life of suffering to a a life of eternal bliss. Everything I should do in my daily life should reflect towards that goal.

From this day I will make massive efforts to get farther on the path. I'm showing my middle finger to my lazy, waaaaaaaylower self. Let's not meet again.

Breathing out, I smile.

I think Ego is always there.   Ego can become mediated by No Ego which happens over the course of a person's life, or not.  It all depends.  You can look at various people's lives and see that they differ in the admixture they have between Ego and No Ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor