Cortex

Want To Take Cold Shower But Don't Want To Feel Cold ? Here's A Solution !

29 posts in this topic

The whole reason to take cold showers in the first place is to practice feeling uncomfortable if you don't feel uncomfortable taking cold showers by drinking alcohol you aren't using its for its actual purpose. 

Edited by BjarkeT

On 2/23/2019 at 2:41 PM, Hellspeed said:

Cold showers destroy spinal fluid and bone marrow in the long run. Never do something you are not able to do regularly. 

Look at Wim Hof, the extreme of cold and hyperventilation, leads to premature aging. 

why would it do that? what's the mechanism behind that.

if it’s too cold at the beginning, you can always do alternating shower instead of only cold shower first, always ending with the cold shower. it’s very good to train the blood vessels expand and contract, or do sauna. i suppose though it’s better heating up the body temperature through wim hof or sports.

only remember never do cold showering when you are freezing already. the body is supposed to react with counter heat after the cold flush. 

beer and codein might work better in the hair though - makes them shiny. if you don’t grow them on the head... well it could still work.

I've been doing cold showers for a few months now. I'm glad I switched. It gives me a nice energy boost in the mornings, my beard is much softer and manageable and it's nice to face your fear and move out your comfort zone every single time you take a shower.

And as for the topic, unfortunately you have to bite the bullet because the cold water sucks every single time but after you're done, you can feel the benefits immediately.

I'm still convinced that OP is trolling. Who in their right mind would suggest doing something way unhealthy to get a little health benefit.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 23/02/2019 at 7:41 PM, Hellspeed said:

leads to premature aging. 

He's 60.

All stories and explanations are false.

On 7.3.2019 at 10:17 PM, flowboy said:

I'm still convinced that OP is trolling. Who in their right mind would suggest doing something way unhealthy to get a little health benefit.

well someone who wants to point towards drug abuse in relation to homelessness and at the same time in relation to warm-showerers!

i‘d not say someone has to take cold showers to be a man or so - but i‘d say taking cold showers and needing drugs for it makes a whimp. with some hope left that the cold might wake you up.

Hey I just want to say I have been doing cold showers for about 2 years now, and since doing this, I have NEVER been sick.

Cold showers (they don't even have to be icy freezy) will ensure you never ever get sick for the rest of your life. You will NEVER have a cold or flu or small virus like that ever again. All your coworkers will be sick and you will be the only one healthy.

I feel sorry for people that gets these small illnesses every so often. A cold shower prevents all this. It is so simple and easy.

2 hours ago, JohnnyBravo said:

I feel sorry for people that gets these small illnesses every so often. A cold shower prevents all this. It is so simple and easy.

Uhm, this feels like a correlation is not causation situation. It can strengthen your immune system by constricting and dilating your blood vessels, but it won't just stop you from getting sick.

You likely already had a strong immune system to begin with.