Giulio Bevilacqua

PROTEST . Right or Wrong ?

16 posts in this topic

I've recently partecipated in a Vegan  Animal protest against slaughterhouse, animal killing , 

It was a pacific protest , but a really strong one, the police took us away . 

The next days i was thinking if it was a Good thing , it created some doubts in my mind about good and bad , right and wrong .

Has protest a value ? I protest because i think it is right accroding to my way of thinking but not for an universal law. 

The absolute is always carrying itself out as intended. 

You are advocating for the world you want to live in. That's fine. Just make sure you have acceptance for the universe even when it doesn't align with your ideal image. 

That's something you have to decide. It's definitely more conscious and better for life and the environment to stop eating meat. If your goal is to reduce meat intake in the world, you'll have to decide which is the best way to accomplish that. A protest? Perhaps... Think about how we can make people more conscious of the consequences of eating meat and if there's a better way to do that.

Watch the movie MILK. It will show you the power of protesting!

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

I think it can make it worse as additional investment is made in security and slaughterhouses centralised(potentially larger salaries for managers), so more money is at stake and special interests do not want to lose out. Probably move it from one area to another with a corresponding increase in resource consumption.

Same thing with animal experimentation, either moves abroad or moves more underground. Like with hypothermia test data from holocaust(means animal sacrifice) victims. Was a load of Japanese scientists that were pardoned by the American government from testing anthrax and chemicals weapons on the Chinese, data was pretty useless though as they wanted delivery mechanisms.

Might be a bit like fable of the man with his coat, with the sun and wind trying to remove it.

But I suppose if it makes you feel better and everything is one, go for it.

Peaceful protest is fine in my book. It shows that there are people so concerned about a subject they use their free time to march in streets

When violence and dishonor to material possession is brought to the protest then it can only do harm. Destroying a car or a business does not strike change in the way how an orange or blue person thinks, which should be obvious but is not for some people.

Nor does punching "a nazi"

I want to say that protesting is not "good."

My mentor says to either "build or beg."

I think of protesting as "begging", that is: we don't have the power to make the change, therefore we demand it, like a person begging.

If we have the power, we simply "build". I suppose if you don't approve of slaughterhouse killings, then build an alternative solution so superior that no one will not use it. Of course, that's a long road to take and requires considerable resources. A protest is more instant, and perhaps gratifying?

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

Protesting is all about ideology.

Watch the videos of  Leo about ideology and spiral dynamics stage green again.

This will give you a big picture understanding.

@Giulio Bevilacqua nobody is going to change their diet because of a vegan protest. not even protesting against obvious poisons like synthetic sugar, alcohol and soda is going to be effective.

by protesting, you're just feeding the feeling of discontentment. i'd just get out of such ideologies altogether. keep up your practice and that's good enough.

if you want to convince others to change their diets, live an amazing life and build an extremely healthy mind/body system. people will be more inclined to change their diets because of the way that you experience life. they will ask you what you've been doing and eating. no protests needed.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ShaharA said:

Protesting is all about ideology.

Watch the videos of  Leo about ideology and spiral dynamics stage green again.

This will give you a big picture understanding.

But it can be a good thing though? What about protesting against child slavery?

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

If nobody ever protested, where would we be today?

there are different kinds of protests. protests to make the average joe change his habits don't work.

protests to claim for civil rights, aiming authorities, are something else.

unborn Truth

3 hours ago, ajasatya said:

there are different kinds of protests. protests to make the average joe change his habits don't work.

protests to claim for civil rights, aiming authorities, are something else.

They really aren't that different. At the end of the day the protest is advocating for change which involves changing other people's minds. 

18 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

They really aren't that different. At the end of the day the protest is advocating for change which involves changing other people's minds. 

the means are completely different. they block streets, crowd workplaces, make long periods of loud noise or even refuse to work as form of strike. and when it just grows bigger and bigger uninterruptedly week after week... what's left to do? hell, give them what they want already. or at least speak up and negotiate.

who is the target of vegan protests? huge CEO's? people in general (you and me)? wanna change politicians' minds (and consequently the laws)? 4 hours of pacific intervention, raising flags with beautiful messages won't do it.

edit: [random extra info for the OP] owners of big companies that profit from animal misery are too rich and powerful and they usually exchange interests with politicians. so changing the laws on animal rights is a very very unlikely thing to happen.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Won't do it single handedly, sure. Protests get people politically involved which is where the influence comes from. 

The best ways to perform a protest is a different story. 

9 hours ago, Andreas said:

But it can be a good thing though? What about protesting against child slavery?

I'll give you 3 perspectives to look at that:

Your perspective: it is a good thing to protest.

My perspective: I'm aware of the problem of child slavery and I'm against it. However, in this point in my life, I choose not to take action regarding this problem.

Another perspective: There is no such thing as "Good" and "bad" anyway, everything in reality is perfect and in the right order. 

On 1/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, ShaharA said:

I'll give you 3 perspectives to look at that:

Your perspective: it is a good thing to protest.

My perspective: I'm aware of the problem of child slavery and I'm against it. However, in this point in my life, I choose not to take action regarding this problem.

Another perspective: There is no such thing as "Good" and "bad" anyway, everything in reality is perfect and in the right order. 

Everything in reality is perfect but that also includes people who think it is imperfect and protest for change. The third perspective is really only useful for acceptance when things don't go your way. It's less about good and bad and more about desire. 

Edited by Shadowraix