EvilAngel

My affirmations - 30 mins a day

8 posts in this topic

These are the affirmations I listen to every day for 30 minutes (it takes 1min 30 sec to listen to them all, repeated 20 times, adding up to 30 minutes)

I was wondering how useful you think these are, and whether you think they'll make much of a difference to my life? I listen to them one after the other in a repeated loop. I recorded myself on my phone. (maybe it's not the best idea to listen to different affirmations one after the other? Idk) I've been listening to them every day for 48 days, but not had any major results (perhaps some more subtle results though).

I wake up happy and excited every single day.

Each day of my life is filled with joy and love.

I am enthusiastic about every second of my life.

Everything I do is fun, healthy and exciting.

I am a beacon of love and compassion.

Everyone sees how much joy and love I have for life.

I crave new, healthy experiences.

All of my relationships are positive and filled with love and compassion.

I see others as good people who are trying their best.

I find opportunities to be kind and caring everywhere I look.

I easily accomplish all of my goals.

I only desire things that are healthy for me.

I instantly manifest my desires.

My life is full of magic and serendipity,

My thoughts and feelings are nourishing.

I am present in every moment.

I see beauty in everything.

People treat me with kindness and respect.

I am surrounded by peaceful people.

My environment is calm and supportive.

Affirmations = Mechanicalness = Not Awareness = Robot Life = DEATH.

11 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

I think you're doing way too much.

Quality > Quantity

How does one increase affirmation quality?

I do 15 minutes of affirmations daily, five minutes per affirmation. Currently I focus on looking at myself in a mirror, imagining the things I affirm about and focus being in the now. Is there even correct and incorrect way to do this exercise?

@Hansu If you’re repeating the affirmations robotically, then it’s not good.

I think it’s better to repeat an affirmation three times mindfully than three hundred times mindlessly.

Affirmations are great to do! I think choosing a few out of all of those that resonate with you the most and repeating them could be most useful. You don't necessarily want to overload your mind with too much.

I've found that when reciting anything whether it be mantras, affirmations, poetry or even just speaking in general, as if you are singing, really feeling into the words you are saying, and genuinely believing in them rather than mechanically rehearsing them goes a long way.

You want the process to feel sincere and have it permeate from deep in your heartspace. Intention is the heart's will, and manifestation derives from the heart center. 

The reason why I suggest perhaps reducing the amount of affirmations is because often times keeping things simple and short & sweet can be more powerful then trying to say so much at once. The more you repeat a few of the same words or phrases the more you'll be able to tap into the beautiful sensations and textures of each word you muster. ?

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

On 1/31/2019 at 9:16 AM, Hansu said:

How does one increase affirmation quality?

I do 15 minutes of affirmations daily, five minutes per affirmation. Currently I focus on looking at myself in a mirror, imagining the things I affirm about and focus being in the now. Is there even correct and incorrect way to do this exercise?

18 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

@Hansu If you’re repeating the affirmations robotically, then it’s not good.

I think it’s better to repeat an affirmation three times mindfully than three hundred times mindlessly.

I see affirmations honestly as just a push. You don't even need the affirmation for example to "I am a hard worker" if you just get a job and commit to it. But maybe it'll help you get the motivation and means to do so, remind you to do so everyday, or since you care more now, you might try and understand why you don't work hard (maybe you want straight A's but problem is that your shy and don't talk to your teachers to make up work, in which case its not a problem of working harder but other areas).

Challenging your belief can be any time any day, the quantity of your affirmations won't work for you, unless you find yourself doing anything differently than before. (Though I could be wrong). 

reading your list of affirmations though, I honestly think you could merge a lot of those together and even spend less time talking to yourself, you might try visualization, reading your list it feels more like something you could imagine in a 10 minute visualization (if visualizations work for you.)

But to address your original question - I think you should for sure shorten the amount of affirmations you have, usually I stop with my affirmations after 30 days because I get the minimum results that I'm satisfied with. Also with the affirmations you listed, I think they'll help, but obtaining those things might not be exactly a matter of changing a belief, but maybe meditating, fixing life problems, etc. (those were examples, you should seek to understand what your problems really are for yourself.) 

summary - spend less time listening to yourself, and more time (outside of the actual practice) actually being the change you want