Sempiternity

Possible way of total Freedom. Financial and Societal freedom, total independence.

19 posts in this topic

Ever wanted a way out of wage slavery, landlord slavery, debt, high bills that are your cage? Ever wanted a way out of the cycle of having to make so much money just to survive and have your basic needs met? Ever wanted to have everyone leave you alone, have no one control you? For you to be able to interact with people as little or as much as You'd like? To be able to just BE, without having to DO anything? I've got a possible suggestion for you. 

This is what I am doing, and maybe it could work for you as well. I'm getting a used Shuttle Bus. They are very inexpensive, compared to similar vehicles. Most bang for your buck. You can find ones fairly new (within 10 years old) and lower miles, for around $5,000. If you go a little older, you can find them as low as $2,000. They have ample room to build a tiny home. They are built on a truck chasse, so quite durable. They get decent gas millage, so easy to travel. They last forever. I'm going to put solar panels on the roof, inverter, and batteries, so the power is fully self-contained. Water is recycled, filtered and treated with UV, so there is little water waste. Have a compostable toilet. If I do all the work myself, use recycled items as much as possible, and learn what I can from others that have done similar work, I can keep the cost way down. Say around another $5,000 for all the materials. Once done, I can take this fully self-contained home anywhere. Up in the mountains, out in the desert. There's free designated land, BLM land. The only time I'd ever need to interact with society would be to get gas, food and supplies, which could be only ever few weeks. 

After that, I'm completely Free. No rent, no bills, no having to work, no control over me. I'm completely free just enjoy nature, contemplate, self-inquire, practice yoga and meditation, read books, and just enjoy Being. No distractions. 

I know some of you may say you don't have $10,000 to do something like this. But ask yourself how much of your time and money you spend on rent, debt and bills, even in just one year? More than $10,000 I bet. How hard would it be to save that much, for your total freedom? How much would you save per year not having all those bills? Would you even need to work?

Sure you won't have the same level of comfort that you may be use to in your current living situation, but you'll adapt. And part of the path is letting go attachments to desires. 

Anywho, that's my plan. Hope some of you that are searching for a way out, this might be an answer for you. 

Here is a great example of a conversation / mobile self-contained tiny home:

* Although this was done in a Sprinter, which are more like $20,000. Just wanted to show what's possible for the insides. 

Here's an example of a shuttle bus conversion:

No, not for everyone. For me personally, this is most desirable for my path to enlightenment. No distractions, time to do the work. I also have social anxiety, so being away from people and only interacting when neccessary, is the best option for me. People on a similar path might find this option of living desirable.  

Great you have the house. But how you win money tu buy foods, supplements, water, stuff to repair the bus, fuel if you want to move...

In USA medicine is private, if you need a kidney transplant for example, if you dont got the money they let you die, I'm I wrong?

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

No, not for everyone. For me personally, this is most desirable for my path to enlightenment. No distractions, time to do the work. I also have social anxiety, so being away from people and only interacting when neccessary, is the best option for me. People on a similar path might find this option of living desirable.  

My point with that is that avoiding situations will not really work out your social anxiety and thus you won't achieve enlightenment. Also to think of enlightenment in those terms really won't work, it's not like you log a certain amount of hours and then become enlightened

It’s not a bad idea. But it will be the last thing on my list if I feel like I have to live in my car basically. It’s kinda a Mediocre life. For me I see myself living in a comfortable home and doing powerful things with my life. 

Fuel costs are pretty high for RVs.

Don't forget, parking your RV in an RV park will cost $30/night at least.

Living in a decent RV is actually more expensive than a one bedroom apartment in Vegas.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You are still attached to the RV, it is quite a cumbersome vehicle. You may as well find a place in the nature where there is a shop not far away. RV is nice if you're working, you can change town and job as you please. But if you intend to keep the same job for longer it's probably better to have a flat somewhere near your place of work. Depends on what you seek really all solutions have trade off. If you earn six or seven figures you don't even care you can have both...

In fact what you showed on the video seems like luxury. All you need is a car where you can sleep... You don't need a kitchen a top grade bed,  a coffee machine and whatever. I lived in a car for a year the only problem is when you need to shit in a town you don't always have instant access to the facilities. But generally speaking you can outsource everything.

Edited by Tetcher

On 1/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, Jed Vassallo said:

Do this method because you feel it will lead you to be the best you not to run away from your own mental issues. Would you still do this if you had no social anxiety and survived fine even thrived in regular living conditions?

Only way to get total freedom

"He has not spoken or left more than a few feet from the cave for more than 12 years"

Edited by Good-boy

@Good-boy Even in a cave you won't get freedom from your mother, LOL :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Fuel costs are pretty high for RVs.

Don't forget, parking your RV in an RV park will cost $30/night at least.

Living in a decent RV is actually more expensive than a one bedroom apartment in Vegas.

Not an Rv. RVs are crap. Poorly made. Conversions you can make nice. Custom to your needs. I'm making mine fully self-contained with solar-panels, filtered recycled water system (like in the video). So no RV parks. I'll use pubic land, BLM land. Go up in the mountains, the deserts, the ocean. Gas will be one of the only expenses. If I stay in one place for a couple weeks to a month at a time, then my monthly fuel costs will be minimal. All in all, I figured my monthly costs will be under $300. That's food, gas and misc. But that is living very basic, which is what I want. 

3 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

Do this method because you feel it will lead you to be the best you not to run away from your own mental issues. Would you still do this if you had no social anxiety and survived fine even thrived in regular living conditions?

@Shadowraix  You're making some pretty big assumptions about me there buddy. I'm doing this because I want to and it's the life I want to live. 

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Good-boy Even in a cave you won't get freedom from your mother, LOL :D

Hehe. True

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

@Shadowraix  You're making some pretty big assumptions about me there buddy. I'm doing this because I want to and it's the life I want to live. 

You assumed I was making assumptions about you :D

It was was just advice since you brought up anxiety as some reason. That if you decide to run away from it it'll hurt you in the long run.

Sounds good to me brother. What you've outlined here is strikingly similar to the lifestyle I'm shooting for, except I'd favour living in a van. You can park it in more places, so it feels more like freedom.  

I suggest you also look into doing house sits once you make your Shuttle Bus lifestyle work. You get to stay in big homes for free, they're extremely quiet homes because it'll literally be just you inside, you get a temporary home base to settle into, and a proper destination to go towards while you're on the road. Once you can live anywhere you can pretty much drive to whichever house sitting gig you want. 

Here are some resources. I hope they can be of use to you. Best of luck attaining your freedom brother. 

https://www.mindmyhouse.com/sitters/search_assignments/country_72__sort_default#results

https://www.housecarers.com/advanced-search-results-housesitters.cfm?co=us

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-live-van-travel-everywhere-ebook/dp/B0714DVK5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549670074&sr=8-1&keywords=mike+hudson+van

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Sounds good to me brother. What you've outlined here is strikingly similar to the lifestyle I'm shooting for, except I'd favour living in a van. You can park it in more places, so it feels more like freedom.  

I suggest you also look into doing house sits once you make your Shuttle Bus lifestyle work. You get to stay in big homes for free, they're extremely quiet homes because it'll literally be just you inside, you get a temporary home base to settle into, and a proper destination to go towards while you're on the road. Once you can live anywhere you can pretty much drive to whichever house sitting gig you want. 

Here are some resources. I hope they can be of use to you. Best of luck attaining your freedom brother. 

https://www.mindmyhouse.com/sitters/search_assignments/country_72__sort_default#results

https://www.housecarers.com/advanced-search-results-housesitters.cfm?co=us

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-live-van-travel-everywhere-ebook/dp/B0714DVK5Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549670074&sr=8-1&keywords=mike+hudson+van

Wow, what a great idea! Thanks Man! I appreciate it. 

@Jed Vassallo it's a nice idea.

But on the other hand, what life is that? We'll have enough time to rest after we die.

I understand your point, and I myself crave to do the same. But, I think that it will be just a temporary phase. After a certain point of self-understanding, I assume that one will want to live life with all of its problems and limitations. Because that's what being alive human being means.

Cheers man, best of luck on your journey.