Arhattobe

Martin ball and his insomnia

138 posts in this topic

@luckieluuke I didn’t see the additional paragraph and wrote my rely before your edit. With the additional paragraph and ideas I don’t think it’s redicilous. I still disagree but cool ?❣️

@Arhattobe Hate to burst your bubble, but you ain't awake. You ain't fooling no one here.

As for not frying your brain, sure, I agree. Psychedelics must be done responsibly.

And as for Martin not being as awake as some others masters you're comparing him to, no one said he was.

There are many degrees of wokeness and mastery.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura Do you honestly not see the point? You can disagree but it’s seems you didn’t even hear the point. 

3 months of dmt visuals on a constant basis, deepening of the voice when talking about truth, and hearing voices in one’s heart, among numerous other symptoms like a lack of sleep for 1 week. Are all very extreme. 

Attributing these extreme events to copious amounts of 5 meo and psychedelic use is not far fetched. Nor is the claim that severely altering your state on a regular basis with psychedelics might not be the healthiest thing to do.

Especially considering the amount of disorders and issues people have. 

Except the dmt visuals, all of those happened to me and I'm not enlightened.

Those are mild inconveniences, there are things that can happen on the path that are way more fucked up than this ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Leo Gura Your confidence and arrogance without even being in a stable non dual state is really something.

You talk of the traps of the ego often, make good points and sound intellectually appealing, yet your emotional blind spots lead you to fall into many of those same traps.

@Shin and let me guess you did psychedelics? That goes to my point such symptoms aren’t necessarily due to awakening but dramatic changes to one’s system. 

Again you can not radically alter your state on a regular basis without any sort of repercussions.

Edited by Arhattobe

@Arhattobe Let's just say I've developed a nose for the distinct smell of devils on this forum ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura let’s not. Let’s not resort to personal attacks and talk down to those that disagree. Let’s not just dismiss everything as ego and devilry. Let’s have a balanced approach.

14 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura Your confidence and arrogance without even being in a stable non dual state is really something.

You talk of the traps of the ego often, make good points and sound intellectually appealing, yet your emotional blind spots lead you to fall into many of those same traps.

@Shin and let me guess you did psychedelics? That goes to my point such symptoms aren’t necessarily due to awakening but dramatic changes to one’s system. 

Again you can not radically alter your state on a regular basis without any sort of repercussions.

I never took a psychedelics.

Just weed when I was 14.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin ... lol ... 

I’ll ignore that haha jk. Such symptoms tend to be way more common in people that do psychedelics though. I know many people not awake. No insights that have went through similar things. 

Often such people tend to suffer from such symptoms as well. 

3 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Shin ... lol ... 

I’ll ignore that haha jk. Such symptoms tend to be way more common in people that do psychedelics though. I know many people not awake. No insights that have went through similar things. 

Often such people tend to suffer from such symptoms as well. 

Are you sure you know this and it's just hearsays that you try to fit into your worldview just so everything make sense from your egotic point of view ?

You may be enlightened, but that doesn't mean you can stop working on your ego.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Everyone sees things from their worldview and everyone has false convictions but I do have a decent amount of circumstantial and personal experience I base my claims on.

& your right. I’m vastly different than I was when I awakened a few years ago, and still have quite a bit of work left. 

Leo's arrogance is indeed stunning but I am not going to challenge him any further. After all he went through many maddening trips and endured without breaking. He doesn't seem dysfunctional and holds his course.

We will see over the years if existence gives him some lesson in humility or if one can pass like that. I admit so far so good even though I know only of what he likes to broadcast.

Apparently in Martin's condition he would have endured (how does this condition ends ?) and not softened ? Or he's too wise for such a thing to happen to him ? Good for him.

Edited by Tetcher

I still haven't done psychedelics and such news puts me off them to be quite frank.

25 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

I still haven't done psychedelics and such news puts me off them to be quite frank.

Then stop chasing enlightenment, you might have to face your own death.

That's way more frightening ?

God is love

And God in them

I'm ready for ego death, waiting for the invite! Francis Lucille seems to say it best

Yes and no. Yes, because I felt the invitation. No, because up until that point, I had only known relative happiness, relative truth, relative knowledge, and I could not have imagined the absolute, the ineffable. The self is beyond all concept, all projection. It is why we cannot steer ourselves to it under our own steam and must wait for it to solicit us. But when it invites us, we must say yes joyfully, without hesitation. The decision belongs to us, the only decision in which we truly have a free choice.

One of the reasons I postpone and do not make myself available to the invitation is my fear that my life will be radically changed.

Oh, yes. It will be.

My family, as well?

Your family, too. Everything will be changed.

I am afraid that some people will leave me and be replaced by others.

I can assure you that you will regret nothing.

Is it possible to have received the invitation and to have refused it?

Yes, you are free.

Will I be invited again?

Yes. Be ready. Be available. You are available when you understand that there is nothing that you can do on your own to get to the King. When you acknowledge your total powerlessness, you become an empty room. As soon as you become an empty room, you are a sanctuary. So the King can enter, take the throne and grace you with immortal presence.

4 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

I'm ready for ego death, waiting for the invite! Francis Lucille seems to say it best

You think you do, but until death come you really don't know ?

God is love

And God in them

I dont like how Leo uses ”devilry” as a front nowadays, theres a difference between constructive criticism and pure namecalling. Compare him to Sadhguru and you can see the difference. Before you defend him think about why you would do that. If I called everyone a devil would you defend me? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I dont like how Leo uses ”devilry” as a front nowadays, theres a difference between constructive criticism and pure namecalling. Compare him to Sadhguru and you can see the difference. Before you defend him think about why you would do that. If I called everyone a devil would you defend me? 

Maybe he uses this as a way to shock the ego, but yeah he use it quite often nowadays, that's weird.

I don't think it's a good word to use either, it implies a sense of low worth.

Unconscious is better, it only implies that you are not aware of something, yet.

God is love

And God in them

This thread is loosing it's main goal and message.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that psychedelics are dengerous no matter how responsibly you use them. It's just too forceful and random. Martin Ball fits very well into example of this here.

Unless you become liberated, then paying the price with your body would be alright. But now it seems you don't even get enlightened. All you get is crazy shit experiences and suffering. 

Sadhguru ofter says that it's a huge trap for spiritual seekers to be trapped in fancy experiences. They spend all their lives living in their own universe but they are just as far as everyone else from liberation.

Bhuddha experienced all 8 samadhis and discarded them. He said that's not it. That's not the liberation. it's just a fancy experience.

So psychedelics could be just like that. You can go into different states and realities but still be not liberated. It could be heavily entangling actually because you don't want to come out of it. 

I think I went off topic myself :D but it's an interesting perspective nonetheless.

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Maybe he uses this as a way to shock the ego, but yeah he use it quite often nowadays, that's weird.

I don't think it's a good word to use either, it implies a sense of low worth.

Unconscious is better, it only implies that you are not aware of something, yet.

It doesnt shock me at all, its an overused word that religious folks always use. Has 2000 years of namecalling (sinner,devil,heathen) really helped anyone? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 hours ago, Salvijus said:

But he died in absolute bliss and exstacy. You will never hear him complaining about omg I'm so sad. God please remove this cancer. No his body was infested with worms - he didn't care. He got cancer - he sat still in blissfulness. 

He could be burning on fire and still be at ultimate wellbeing inside because he had no identity with his body. In his experience it was not even happening to him. That's what I consider an enlightened Being.

Martin is nowhere near such experience. He calls himself the god of the universe but he's complaining about mosquito bites.

Edit: sorry i mixed the Maharshi with another indian advaita master who also had cancer.

IMG_20190129_120436.jpg

@Salvijus what does he say at the end?  "for them there is no..."