Arhattobe

Martin ball and his insomnia

138 posts in this topic

Wow I've started taking SSRI's because I also couldn't sleep from anxiety at night, but never thought that it may be caused by psychedelics. Wish you the best Martin

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

19 hours ago:

Quick update: I managed to surrender into what is happening to me last night, and while I have still not slept, I’ve moved beyond the terror and am now experiencing repeated endogenous releases. A deep part of me has relaxed and accepted this process. Tomorrow I’ll be flying down to San Diego in order to work directly with Dr Villanueva at his neurological institute . . .

-

Btw I don't think he has done 5-MeO for a while, he stopped working with people for some time now (1 year ?+), to recover.

But to just blame it on 5-MeO or to see this as a problem is a materialist false view, he's simply awakening further imo 

Great Ramana said:

"In the glorious state wherein the mind has died, even deep sleep will become God-consciousness"

https://sri-ramana-maharshi.blogspot.com/2008/05/true-nature-of-sleep.html

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

I had a bout of severe insomnia earlier this year, and it lasted weeks. It was in response to a really awful emotional time in my life. What happens though, is that you enter an anxiety cycle. He's rightfully worried about his sleep, more likely he's terrified. Body's fight or flight response gets stuck in the ON position. Takes a really really long time to come down. It could create insomnia, chronic pain, twitches, burning skin, dizziness, pretty much any physical symptom you can imagine.

Anxiety is truly awful and I wish him a speedy recovery. He must accept his lack of sleep and float through it, Claire Weekes style. The key is PATIENCE. Insane amounts of mental willpower, fortitude, and patience. 

I don't believe this is directly connected to entheogen use, though it could make him more sensitive.

@hundreth now look we are all looking for "enlightenment" so if he's enlightened why is he still suffering? Let me guess the rabbit hole of enlightenment goes deep & he's not at the deeepst stages??? Just wondering is all? 

Edited by Tony 845

Maybe psychedelics dont provide lasting or actual enlightenment

Edited by Whatever

15 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Maybe psychedelics dont provide lasting or actual enlightenment

And maybe the enlightened don't require sleep :o 

I think it would have to depend on your definition of enlightenment

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

And maybe the enlightened don't require sleep :o 

I think it would have to depend on your definition of enlightenment

Damn u got me there

Maybe the fascination with objects cannot end that very fascination with objects.

Perhaps what is lasting has always been.

Maybe what is not lasting is this arising and falling of such object/subject fascination. 

1 hour ago, Tony 845 said:

" so if he's enlightened why is he still suffering?

You rised an interesting question. Maybe he's not enlightened afterall...

Who the heck is Martin Ball and why are you all talking about him??!

He is the only supposedly enlightened teacher that attributes his enlightenment to the use of entheogens. 

5 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Who the heck is Martin Ball and why are you all talking about him??!

He is the king of 5MeO and written books about it. Leo interviewed him due this reason. He has done 5meo thousands of times and people assumed he is enlightened. Everyone is talking about him because he is still suffering greatly regardless. 

He haven't slept for +7 days, of course he's suffering

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk