Isaac Ben

Thoughts on the psychedelic DPT?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone here has experience with the psychedelic DPT? I read that it is almost as intense as DMT but unique in its vibes. Although I like DMT's intense energy, its short duration and distracting visuals makes it not so useful for consciousness work. How useful/effective is DPT for consciousness work?

Get ready for a hairy trip.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

DPT, DPT, DPT! I have 5 grams of this stuff still waiting for me. It will be probably a life-time supply.

It can be the most bening or the most terrifying psychedelic you have tried.

Luckily, the experience is predictable, but also very dose dependable. And every ROA has different dosages. Here I will go with insufflated.

35 mg - no visuals, nothing remarkable, threshold for an 80 kg male.

50 mg - nice, pleasant 1 hour trip, in social setting effects are diminished, tripping solo potentiates them, visuals are colorful and different than shrooms or acid, weak afterglow.

70 mg - powerful visuals, everything melts and you cannot really move, can be scary if someone has no experience, DPT characteristic effects start to emerge, that means intense, uncontrolable body shaking and kinetic hallucinations, music is distorted, but still sounds godlike, 2 hours trip and 1 hour of the best afterglow of all psychedelics.

Like really, DPT is the most useful after the main trip ends. There's a very steep curve in effects, the trip ends almost like someone has turned off a switch and you are left with super-clear and creative headspace, without any psychedelics distortions. You can easily write text or draw and benefit from altered consciousness state. Great for contemplation.

90 mg - total breakthrough, you fear death and then die, in order to become Singularity, physical effects in the beginning can get really intense and scary, it has a long-term positive impact on life and of course gives awesome afterglow at the end of the trip.

And here's one try smoked:

20 mg freebase - the moment I have released the smoke from my lungs, the world has already started flashing with neon lights, the smoke looked terrific and everything would be awesome if not for the nausea, the first 15 most intense minutes of 45 minutes trip are wasted on resisting bodyload, interesting changes in body feel, I have literally transformed into a werewolf, there were lightnings hitting me from every direction and overall  I would say that this substance has a kundalini vibe, if that even makes sense.

Verdict: very useful for consciousness work, but not only, it has the potential to induce a breakthrough experience and can be consumed in many forms, you can even make something like propylhauasca from it.

DPT is the psychedelic I have the most experience with, and I have a lot of experience with various psychs. DPT is the most mystical and weird of them all, and the most occult. Very easy to "ego-die". It has a very seductive feel to it and, imo, even "satanic" at times or sinister. Not in a hellish way but in a seductive way. Hard to describe with words. I've heard its been described as an absurd twin to DMT and I feel this is fairly accurate. Music is heavenly. Do yourself a favor and listen to Bach on this, if you are going to listen to music that is. You will understand what genius truly means. Bach clicked for me on such a deep level with this substance that nowadays 90% of what I listen to is Bach.

@Leo Gura I think I'm up for the challenge. Sometimes I like being overwhelmed and getting my reality fucked with lol.

@Girzo Thanks that was very helpful. The afterglow sounds quite interesting.

How does DPT it compare to 5-MeO-DMT? Was there any burning sensations when snorting it? Also what do you think about plugging it?

1 hour ago, Esoteric said:

DPT is the most mystical and weird of them all, and the most occult. Very easy to "ego-die". It has a very seductive feel to it and, imo, even "satanic" at times or sinister. Not in a hellish way but in a seductive way.

For some reason, that got me even more interested. Since you're very experienced with it, how does it  compare to 5-MeO-DMT in both intensity and insight? I find toad way too intense and short lived when smoked that all insights I get (although profound) are kinda lost and only a vague memory lasts. Then again maybe smoking it is not the best RoA. Speaking of which, what is your preferred RoA for DPT?

Edited by Isaac Ben

It's easy to snort, fruity smell and minimal burning. The only problem is the amount of powder required on higher doses, for some it might be too much.

2 hours ago, Isaac Ben said:

@Leo Gura I think I'm up for the challenge. Sometimes I like being overwhelmed and getting my reality fucked with lol.

@Girzo Thanks that was very helpful. The afterglow sounds quite interesting.

How does DPT it compare to 5-MeO-DMT? Was there any burning sensations when snorting it? Also what do you think about plugging it?

For some reason, that got me even more interested. Since you're very experienced with it, how does it  compare to 5-MeO-DMT in both intensity and insight? I find toad way too intense and short lived when smoked that all insights I get (although profound) are kinda lost and only a vague memory lasts. Then again maybe smoking it is not the best RoA. Speaking of which, what is your preferred RoA for DPT?

5-meo-dmt is the big one I haven't gotten around to yet. Just regular DMT (ayahuasca). So can't give a comparison.

I only took DPT in the nose. Orally you need a much larger dose and even then you really dont know how much you take up so that's not recommended. Plugging is supposedly great as well.

@Isaac Ben I've tried both DPT and 5-MeO-DMT. My 100 -120mg snorted DPT trip resulted in my first full ego death experience - breakthrough. I've yet to have a full breakthrough on 5-meo because I only did like 25mg. I find both substances very powerful in ego death inducing effects. The amount of powder is a bigger issue with DPT because you need a lot more, and it can create disgusting throat drip. Also 5-meo have no visuals except some white flashes on 25mg.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

11 hours ago, Esoteric said:

Orally you need a much larger dose and even then you really dont know how much you take

Not when you make an Ayahuasca-like brew.

I agree with what @Esoteric has said in that it can have a sinister and seductive quality to it. It's hard to use these words because they are a bit misleading if you haven't tried it, but they do describe it the best. I want to be clear that it doesn't have a malicious quality to it IMO, it just has a way of revealing the shadow side of things that other psychedelics can gloss over. It does this in a very truthful, accepting kind of way, like shining pure silver light into the cobwebs and dark corners.

DPT is a powerful music enhancer, and differs compared to 5-MeO-DMT in this regard.

For me, the doses are a bit lower than what has been mentioned here. Dosages vary by person, so it's important to find your own dosage. Most of my experience with it is insufflated (lightly snorted).

10mg was above threshold dose for me. Even 4mg was slightly noticeable.

20-30mg starts getting into proper trip territory

60mg is out of this world 

I think 60mg was the highest I ever went with it. I reckon a 100-120mg would be blackout territory for me. I wouldn't say I've had a breakthrough on DPT, but definitely some very deep transformative experiences. It's pretty astounding and cleansing. It's also a very jagged ride, I found there was a lot of trembling and body tension that I needed to work with. I can only really take this lying down after about 30mg, until after the peak has passed.

@Girzo I'd be curious to hear more about your ayahuasca-like DPT brew?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@outlandish I have never tried a combination of MAOi + DPT, but know a person who is saying good things about the DPT + Moclobemide mix.

3 hours ago, outlandish said:

It's pretty astounding and cleansing.

Cleansing. That's the word!

DPT pharmahuasca .. I wonder what the appropriate dosages would be with moclobemide and oral for both.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.