Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShugendoRa

BEING AN ENFP AND A SEEKER

14 posts in this topic

I mean as an ENFP it's hard to get focus and you start so many projects it's hard to choose one . I'm starting a music art spiritual  and food channel Instagram etc meanwhile seeking non duality and being a learner along the way fitting my schedule with my job and my gf and everything in between. Anyone going though the same thing ? 

That's why most people never awaken: lack of focus.

Focus is a rare thing these days. Regardless of your personality type. I struggle with focus too.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Do you have tricks for your focus? I struggle with it a lot too. I supposedly have ADD, even though it's just a label I know I struggle with it more than average. 

6 hours ago, ShugendoRa said:

I mean as an ENFP it's hard to get focus and you start so many projects it's hard to choose one . I'm starting a music art spiritual  and food channel Instagram etc meanwhile seeking non duality and being a learner along the way fitting my schedule with my job and my gf and everything in between. Anyone going though the same thing ? 

Yea there isn't enough time in the day for everything that I want to do. You gotta figure out whats most important and then prioritise those things over everything else. Lack of time = lack of priorities. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

3 hours ago, Tistepiste said:

@Leo Gura Do you have tricks for your focus? I struggle with it a lot too. I supposedly have ADD, even though it's just a label I know I struggle with it more than average. 

There are no tricks to focus other than focus.

If you want to seriously work on it, you can start doing concentration practices like I talk about in my video: Concentration vs Meditation

I guess Modafinil is an easy trick for focus. But you shouldn't rely on it too much.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm an ESFP and also extraverted by nature. I still struggle with concentration, but. I think I've improved on it a lot.

I forced myself to concentrate when I perform certain tasks, and over time it became easier. Also, I think playing the piano as a child helped me with long periods of concentration. But the biggest one is definitely Meditation. At first, 20 minutes was a nightmare. Now I can sit through an hour with only slight discomfort.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Focus is a rare thing these days. Regardless of your personality type. I struggle with focus too.

How long You are able to maintain awareness at itself?

@ShugendoRa I am ENFP, but my problem is that I can be super focused if I need to that don’t pay attention to the world around me.

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@ShugendoRa Learning an instrument helps, meditation helps, practicing concentrating helps . Also consider how you’re framing up what it is you want to focus on, how does it fit into the biggest picture for your life - how worthwhile is it really to you, how excited are you about the direction / trajectory you’re on by accomplishing this. For example, someone can focus for 10 hrs straight on call of duty, and damn near master it / rank very high, but not focus for 10 minutes to learn how to use Microsoft Office. Patience is a natural part of focus. You can practice patience by not talking for days when not absolutely necessary. Substances can help or hinder, you’d have to try them. Things like coffee or pills can slow one person down enough to improve concentration, and yet speed another person up making it harder to stay focused.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

funny as it is i‘m reflecting on that since a week or so with interruption... related to kriya yoga. in the book i‘m reading they recommend in a byphrase to do concentrated meditation - like meditating on one object or phenomenon without letting the mind flow. in kriya the visualization goal though is to let it flow - but that’s not focus. focus means really concentrating on one thing and always returning. could be a candle or a stone or a plant or the breath. i guess a stone could be good.

even though it seems boring.

Edited by now is forever