Sahil Pandit

Embodying my Highest Values

113 posts in this topic

The road ahead is long. 

It extends for miles and miles beyond your current view point.

You're here observing it, looking around to see if anyone else is noticing how long it is. 

Meanwhile, as you keep looking around, time is passing by, things are happening... 

Life is happening. 

We must continue onward. 

Push forward with clear, focused energy.

Do not fear, for that is only going to slow you down. 

Let go of the fear, the "what if"... all that is just a distraction from the Path. 

Keep going.

The weekends are becoming increasingly important.

Saturday and Sunday are great because they allow for undisrupted down time. Also, you can plan out the week ahead in terms of what needs to get done, etc.

Looking forward to the next upcoming weeks.

I've decided to listen to more audiobooks rather than music, and i hope those seeds are being implanted now so i can benefit in a couple months from now.

You have no idea how good life can get.

You have an inclination, but that's only a hint as to how good it can really get.

The more the outward seems appealing, it's ALL about that inner game and inner exploration. Keep that in mind.

Also, remember that you can relax sometimes. You can buy a toaster. 

You can take a break, you can rest if you need to, you can let go of obsessive thinking. 

You are in control to do as you please, so please, take care of yourself.

This last week I had the opportunity to Visit EA HQ to record and document the Madden Club Championships in San Francisco, CA. For 5 days and nights, i was able to stay in a 5 star hotel with all the Professional Madden Players. What an insane week! I have over 40GB of video footage i need to sift through, but that's besides the point.

This was the biggest week of my life in terms of growth. I was able to do what i love, which is filming and documenting inspiring people. Also, i was able to network a ton and make connections with really cool people. You'd be suprised how much of your income can come from people you know, which is why I really want to get better at networking, sales, communication, and overall just pushing my comfort zone. 

Before we take massive action, we tend to look around to see what others are doing. 

Social Proof validates or invalidates a lot of our behaviors.

If you're waiting for someone else to validate your practices, you're going to be waiting a lot time. 

Nobody is going to do such a thing. And even if they did, are you really going to be stuck in that loop over and over again?

Instead, focus on your own practice. Strengthen it. And look up and around every once and while...

Man oh man, its been a while since i updated this.

Where do i start? 

My eSports career/LP is really taking off. Being a social media manager for a Professional eSports player is opening up so many opportunities. 

Even EA is saying they are willing to support us directly. 

It's hard to balance working in eSports with personal development though... that's something i need to really work on...

On Happiness and Love while pursuing your Life Purpose:

I thought that these things would sort of figure themselves out when you find your LP and start to have momentum with your LP. But boy was i wrong about that hahaha. Now, more than ever, it is important to cultivate self love and happiness. Without it, the work i do feels hollow. Stage orange level hollow... which is another trap all together i must watch out for.

It's getting easier for me to lose myself, which is something i have a fear of... especially when i get busy. Exhaustion, being on alert at all times, and not taking care of my personal needs all feel like they are neglected when i'm very focused on accomplishing a task.

Anyways, so much to unravel...

Today is gonna be a wild day!

i get to film for ESPN/FOX. What am i doing? i am documenting the life of a professional madden player behind the scenes of his 220K tournament. Pretty cool stuff isn't it? The guy i'm working with has done lots of work for FOX, FS1, and other big media outlets. He also shot the eSports Player "Ninja" documentary. Super cool stuff.

I'm looking forward to it.

On having difficult conversations;

Man, this is one of those personal development topics that most people including myself like to not talk about, sweep under the rug, ignore, hide from, etc. 

The amount of fear, doubt, insecurity, and overall lack of transparency can muddy the water of relationships rather quickly. 

I'm starting to learn how important it is to say how you feel, what you're thinking, and the truth of the matter sooner rather than later.

This requires courage, presence of mind, and awareness that other points of view can be just as valid as yours.

I've been putting off a hard conversation for quite some time now, but the topic has reached a tipping point where it's no longer able to be avoided. I must face this challenge face on, instead of cowering away from it. The Hero's Journey is very accurate when it comes to "threshold guardians". I've been hiding and denying this for so long, but it's time to bring this issue/topic to the light.

Why? Why not keep hiding it? Because i'm holding back a lot of growth. 

Is this really that bad? Of course not, but my mind has spun things out of proportion for so long and i've become so accustom to it, that it's my normal reality.

I gotta be careful next time, so that this doesn't get become a re-occurring pattern in my relationships.