Sahil Pandit

Embodying my Highest Values

113 posts in this topic

2 steps forward, one step back.

You don't get to choose how long an ego backlash may take, but boy is it needed.

There is no better feeling that burning off dead wood that you considered to be yourself. It's liberating, but exhausting at the same time. There's so many layers to unwire and burn off...

The body, mind, emotions all need rest during this process. 

Feeling like i'm traveling through a dry valley and there's no water for miles. 

The journey continues... 

I appreciate the wisdom. 

For years on this journey, I've wandered off and on into the desert.

In regard to this,  I once heard Arnold Keyserling, a student of Gurdjieff, mention about this in a talk he was giving about the path to Actualization. Sometimes we just find ourselves in the desert unexpectedly. It can be a bitter pill to swallow in the moment but then eventually we find our way back out of it. ?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Sahil Pandit is that Leo in your profile photo? Really looks like him.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Didn't get the result you wanted? Good.

Didn't run the time you expected? Good.

Don't feel that great? Good.

Feeling like giving up? Good.

Feeling defeated? Good.

Feeling confused and lost? Good.

Not sure if you have what it takes? Good.

Feeling behind? Good.

Earlier this evening I went out and walked in the woods around my house. It was so quiet with the remaining crickets left and the cows 'talking' down in the pasture. The closet state highway had become silent for the most part. I let my eyes adjust to the dark and found a good place to sit after walking on the side of the hill. I layed back on the earth for a while. It was so relaxing. Took out my IPhone and the first post I read was this one. After clicking on 'good' ,,,,,,,,,it triggered a wonderful, cathartic, laughing fit that's hard to describe. About 3 or 4 hours ago.

@Sahil Pandit Thank you!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

43 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Earlier this evening I went out and walked in the woods around my house. It was so quiet with the remaining crickets left and the cows 'talking' down in the pasture. The closet state highway had become silent for the most part. I let my eyes adjust to the dark and found a good place to sit after walking on the side of the hill. I layed back on the earth for a while. It was so relaxing. Took out my IPhone and the first post I read was this one. After clicking on 'good' ,,,,,,,,,it triggered a wonderful, cathartic, laughing fit that's hard to describe. About 3 or 4 hours ago.

@Sahil Pandit Thank you!

Wow, that's amazing! Sounds like i shared this video at the right time ... GOOD :D9_9

Everyone has their own path in terms of this work. What works for me may not work for you, but i would like to share what has worked for me, in hope's that maybe you can gain some knowledge from it. 

1.) Theory is important, but implimentation is more important. If you can learn one thing, and take action on it, that's better than learning a lot sitting with the information. 

2.) Build solid infrastructure. You can do this in a lot of areas. Health, Workspace, Lifestyle, In your car, One Note.  Basically, clean up and organize all these areas and make them easier for you to work with. That could mean making a home gym, or cleaning out your car, or decluttering your work space, this goes a long way.

3.) Set up routines and systems. Basically, work on making your life flow smoothly. Having friction is a sign that perhaps you haven't set up the proper infrastructure required to progress.

4.) It's better to meditate for 10 minutes than 0. The intent to meditate sets you up for forward momentum that could later snowball.

5.) Live slower. Be more mindful of your surroundings, the energy, the atmosphere, put more focus on being clear with your communication and your intention. 

Here is a sample outline of the day:

AM Rituals: 

• Make the bed
  • Workout
  • Shave/Clean up/Shower
  • Nootropic stack
  • Autosuggestion
  • Affirmations
  • Meditate/Review objectives 

Coaching 

Mapping out the next 1-2 months

Build computer infrastructure

Commit to food list

Buy a food scale

Daily skin care routine

Daily review of LP

Daily Yoga

Daily Journaling

(Note: These are items to do, on top of the main list of homework, going to school, etc)

On 27/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, Sahil Pandit said:

It's time to make room for your higher self to step in and flourish. 

The new year is coming, and your subconscious mind is already preparing you for the huge opportunities and growth that is coming.

Trust the process, and get out of the way. Watch how things unfold, as they should.

That's nice. Is that all your own wording or borrowed from somewhere? Either way its brilliant and true :)