Sahil Pandit

Embodying my Highest Values

113 posts in this topic

When you have a lot on your plate, and you are limited on time:

1.) Drain the shallows - minimize the friction between you and getting things done, so take care of the tasks that get you started, but aren't necessarily the most cognitively demanding. Examples include clearing up your workspace, cleaning your room, organizing your tasks so you know which order it's going to be done in. (Tip from Cal Newport's Deep Work

2.) Create a To Do List with all of the things that need to get done. Consider which ones are "Could Do's" and which ones are "Should do's". Doing so will help you later on in down the road, and will alleviate some pressure if you are crunched on time.

I realized today that the Higher Self is always wanting to be called into action.

Most people wait till they're in a panic to call upon this Higher Power, but it would be wise to cultivate time with the Higher Self when it's not as important. 

Today i was forced to rely on the Higher Self, as i was overwhelmed with strong emotions. I hurried over to my meditation cushion and immediately started doing Kriya as if my life depended on it.

It felt like nothing else mattered, and it was quite liberating.

I became slightly aware of how potent Kriya could be, and that i'm barely tapping into what it could look like for my life down the road. 

Learn to relax. Take some time for yourself, without feeling that everything is up to you or that what you do not accomplish will result in chaos and disaster. Mercifully, the salvation of the world does not depend on you alone, even though you may sometimes feel it does.

You have a lot to teach others and are probably a good teacher, but do not expect others to change immediately. What is obvious to you may not be as obvious to them, especially if they are not used to being as self-disciplined and objective about themselves as you are about yourself. Many people may also want to do what is right and may agree with you in principle but for various reasons simply cannot change right away. The fact that others do not change immediately according to your prescriptions does not mean that they will not change sometime in the future. Your words and above all, your example may do more good than you realize, although they may take longer than you expect. So have patience.

It is easy for you to work yourself up into a lather about the wrongdoings of others. And it may sometimes be true that they are wrong. But what is it to you? Your irritation with them will do nothing to help them see another way of being. Similarly, beware of your constant irritation with your own "shortcomings." Does your own harsh self-criticism really help you to improve? Or does it simply make you tense, nervous, and self-doubting? Learn to recognize the attacks of your superego and how they undermine rather than help you.

It is important for you to get in touch with your feelings, particularly your unconscious impulses. You may find that you are uneasy with your emotions and your sexual and aggressive impulses—in short, with the messy human things that make us human. It might be beneficial to keep a journal or to get into some kind of group therapy or other group work both to develop your emotions and to see that others will not condemn you for having human needs and limitations.

Your Achilles' heel is your self-righteous anger. You get angry easily and are offended by what seems to you to be the perverse refusal of others to do the right thing—as you have defined it. Try to step back and see that your anger alienates people so that they cannot hear many of the good things you have to say. Further, your own repressed anger may well be giving you an ulcer or high blood pressure and is a harbinger of worse things to come.