Manjushri

How do you ground yourself in reality after an acid trip?

9 posts in this topic

I'm having a similar situation here. I can't just trust my body because it's not smart enough. I can't rely on culture and norms either. I can't rely on my previous map of functioning but I desperately need something to follow so I can ground myself in reality. It's too chaotic atm - I'll go completely crazy. When hungry eat when tired sleep won't work here because my body doesn't fall asleep by itself. When hungry? I could eat once per hour.

I just see that I completely and utterly don't understand this thing called reality. I had a map of functioning and it seemed to work. Now I got slapped out of that and can't ground myself back. Old habits wouldn't work. Family norms are too unconscious.

@Manjushri Maybe a therapist that specializes in psychedelics would help. You can open up to them about your experiences and they help you translate them into your everyday life.

Also why do you call family norms unconsious? If you are lost in the psychedelic experience love and caring from your family and friends is the thing that can ground you to earth. Are you sure it isn't just your spiritual ego that thinks it knows better than it actually does?

Maybe the simple and "unconscious" everyday life is the thing you need right now. You know, find beauty in the little and unimportant things and forget about the realm of psychedelic experience fow a while.

Sounds like you are over thinking it. 

Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water. 

You can break out of cultural indoctrination great. Now your motive can be centered around what you want to do instead of what they want you to do. 

If you don't understand reality then that's great! Because you never will in its entirety. At least as an ego. Learn to accept that you won't. 

There's nothing to ground to. You have this experience you are living. Do what you want with it. Make a map of your desires and decide how you want to solve it. 

But in the end reality does you so release control. 

1 hour ago, Manjushri said:

How do you ground yourself in reality after an acid trip?

When I started doing Yoga my first realization was "this is the first time in my life that I'm doing something to bring balance" i realized i never invested a single sec to become more balanced in life until that point

''I just see that I completely and utterly don't understand this thing called reality''.

That's because there is no reality, there is only You. You are the Supreme Being (God). Only You alone exist and all of this reality is You. There is nothing and nowhere to ground yourself other than your own being. But first understand that there is only God, understand it and then take LSD and you will ascend to God-consciousness-awarness. Then it all becomes clear: I am ALL of reality, I am everything, I am omnipotent, I am love, and I am all alone. This is the direct knowledge and perception of God. It's not even a knowing of it, ''you'' become it, you become God. This is called grace.

@Manjushri It sounds like you got a lot opened up in a short period. I would take a break from the psychedelics and focus on integration through meditation, yoga, self inquiry, contemplation and journaling. 

Based on your other thread, it seems like more is going on psychologically than just integrating psychedelic insights.

This is like one of the most common troubles people run into when first venturing into spirituality. Suddenly they realize the whole idea of themselves and Reality is blown apart! The ground beneath them shatters into a million shards of glass and now they are free falling in empty space!

Let me guess? This was your first time taking a psychedelic?

You are only disoriented because you lived your whole life in a dreamed-up reality and idea of yourself and now you've been shown that may be false. I've been there, so have countless others. This forum and all spiritual forums are full of people who make posts about this predicament. 

So you're free falling and trying to find you're bearings. You're panicing, flailing your arms out, trying to ground yourself, trying to find some bearings. Understand that effort will not work. You need to stop struggling and trying to find ground. That is the key. In that, you will become grounded. Trust in that. Relax and let things unfold without struggling and the urge to control and find some ground. 

I always recommend the book "The End of Your World" by Adyashanti. He very lucidly talks about this spiritual emergency at length in the book and how to navigate it.

@Manjushri

What have you done, what are you doing for yourself? Your threads are a long list of self loathing without doing anything. This is not what the forum is for. Without taking some action, no matter how small, the forum is really just enabling you. Take this as a wake up call: you want to be a part of this, then BE a part of it. What is one thing you can do, today, for yourself? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE