Paul92

What's wrong with being happy but unconscious?

74 posts in this topic

mmm... It's hard to explain, I know what you mean. I would say that the average person under estimates how truly and deeply happy and grateful they can be. Additionally, that they under estimate the kind of love and happiness they get with spirituality. Which only comes with high levels of consciousness experiences/states

It's not that spiritual or even religious people force themselves to avoid common entertainment, it's that those forms of pleasures become shallow in comparison to a spiritual life.

However, I can still enjoy a movie, food, and cooking.

Happiness is a helpful emotion to be used when encomapssing towards non duality. My idea is so that you can love happiness enough whereas when a time of sadass becomes greater than that happiness you can think twice when the happiness comes back around with the next big thing.

@Leo Gura I'm sorry Leo, but I have to disagree. And I know you will say I'm lying or whatever, but it isn't the case. I loved waking up in a morning, because I never knew what the day would bring. I know my experience more than anything. 

I was certainly a lot happier than I am now! I was happy. 

Not entirely sure how you can brand me a devil, when I wish no harm on anyone and all I've ever try to do is a be a nice person. Seems a bit much. Considering all I wanted to do was just live my own life. Not sure how that's a crime. 

It does seem a bit like repackaged God, all this. 

Edited by Paul92

1 hour ago, Paul92 said:

I wish no harm on anyone and all I've ever try to do is a be a nice person.  all I wanted to do was just live my own life.  

The first of these to statements is deeply delusional, the extent of your ignorance cannot be understated.

Also, don't you think the second statement conflicts with the first?

I recommend some careful and patient self-reflection my friend. All the best!

6 hours ago, Jkris said:

May be osho was never enlightened truly. A charlatan who deceived gullible people for his power fame money sex what ever the reasons known for himself. 

Enlighten person can have personality disorder

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Paul92 This is such a good question.  It is very much like what Tony said about not knowing that you don't know.  You will go through life never experiencing the Truth with a capital T.  And that my friend, would be a crying shame.  Because to become being itself will make all of this work worthwhile tenfold snd the 95 % time you think you are happy inside won't hold a candle to it.

That is what we are striving for and once we achieve a glimpse we gain momentum and deepen it.  

Either way my friend you are now aware of the path and you are aware that there is something more..Truth..being.  you cannot go back now so walk the path with courage.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Paul92

2 hours ago, Paul92 said:

@Leo Gura I'm sorry Leo, but I have to disagree. And I know you will say I'm lying or whatever, but it isn't the case. I loved waking up in a morning, because I never knew what the day would bring. I know my experience more than anything. 

Not entirely sure how you can brand me a devil, when I wish no harm on anyone and all I've ever try to do is a be a nice person. Seems a bit much. Considering all I wanted to do was just live my own life. Not sure how that's a crime. 

This is a really great question, your right on one hand absolutely nothing wrong with it, some people do live happy peaceful lives without knowing about spirituality, it is quite rare however. 

The only problem with this is that life can throw anything at you at anytime and normally unconscious people are only happy as long as everything in there life is going the way they want it to. When life then throws them a bad hand, things get stripped away from them, they suffer. Normally this is the calling for them to look for a higher meaning in life and get into spirituality. Also another problem with being unconscious is you are not aware of the human potential, once you start progressing on this path life becomes so so much more enriching to a point where it feels like there is no end to how amazing your life could become. If you didn't know about this, you could argue your missing out. I empathise with you, if you do decide to take this journey it is by no means an easy one, well not for most people, so do have courage and face whatever comes up head on. 

ultimately we want to reach a point in life where we are happy regardless of our circumstances, so no matter what is happening to us, no matter how bad we can remain happy and at peace. To truly get to this point you would have to understand the true nature of reality. 

@Paul92 It all boils down to this:

1) You're not happy. If you are truly happy, you won't care to ask.

2) Your happiness is completely conditional, true happiness is completely unconditional. You think you're happy because you're life is going your way, but what happens when it stops? Would you still be happy?

For example: Would you still be happy if you woke up someday in a prison cell? Or lost a loved one? Or your whole life goes crashing? Or you know, anything worse than that. Would you still be happy?

3) You don't know the Truth. So, what do you even know? Look how easily you have been deluded by this spiritual claims about what you should do or be! Ground yourself in Truth, so that nothing can shake your ground.

Or,

Forget about all that, and go back to your regular life. But come back again when you're tired of suffering.

14 hours ago, Paul92 said:

This person is, 95% of the time, content, happy and grateful for the life they have. But they are still, what people on here would perceive as 'unconscious'. What makes these people, like the majority of people, lesser beings?

this is not true. the vast majority of people are 95% of the time scared, anxious, nostalgic, neurotic, angry or needy.

unborn Truth

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The devil lies to himself that he is happy being a devil. Therein lies his tragedy. If only he would admit he is a devil, there would be hope. But he is too blind and arrogant to see it. So he continues living in his own self-created hell, calling it heaven.

Honestly this sounds more like nondual stage. Never heard of people who arent into spirituality denying their suffering or issues like non dual weirdos. Or calling their existence heaven. 

4 hours ago, Paul92 said:

You say this now only because you happen to feel good right now.

Let's see how you feel when your dog dies, when your Mom gets cancer, when you lose your job, when you get into a car accident, when someone steals your stuff, when you start to age, when your health deteriorates, when you run out of money, when you have to face death.

You have no idea yet just how much life will make you suffer. You feel good right now, but that will definitely not last.

Wake up!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Paul92 said:

Someone answer me this please.

What is wrong with the following?

Being a normal person. Who has a normal job. Has a small group of friends. Lives within their means. Does not expect anything from anyone. Takes the rough with the smooth. Goes through life not causing anyone or anything any harm. Is just generally content with everything he or she has. Sure, has a few things that could be better, but doesn't fixate on them. Enjoys the little things in life (time spent with friends/family, going to the cinema, listening to music, cooking, nights in with the TV, walks in the country). Doesn't question everything about his or her reality. Generally tries to help others or bring a little joy to others' experiences. Likes to read and study. Only real desire is to love those closest to them. 

This person is, 95% of the time, content, happy and grateful for the life they have. But they are still, what people on here would perceive as 'unconscious'. What makes these people, like the majority of people, lesser beings? 

I was the above. Now I am questioning everything, more fatigued and anxious than ever. 

What was wrong with my previous life, really?

Sounds like a fulfilIing life if you don't wanna explore the rabbit hole. Ignorance is bliss. The truth can hurt if your ego is not ready to accept it.

1 minute ago, Jack Walter Leon said:

The truth can hurt if your ego is not ready to accept it.

@Jack Walter Leon Is yours? Because just as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow it will be tested.

15 hours ago, Paul92 said:

I was the above. Now I am questioning everything, more fatigued and anxious than ever. 

What was wrong with my previous life, really?

Hello, and welcome dear fellow,

First of all there's nothing wrong with being unconscious. It is, as it is. Secondly, what you describe is a very conscious happy life. So you are lucky to be born in a healthy environment , with a brain hardware capable of high levels of consciousness.

You were an egg, and now you are chicken. You're previous form was happy with unknowing, as you developed, you realized that there's more to life. An egg has no anxiety, but it can't really experience much can it?

In a sense, anxiety is the first stage of awakening. It was like that for me. That's a signal that an old bubble of reality bursted, and now there's a new one to explore.

Also don't believe "authority" figures of sorts, as to what you should or shouldn't do, develop self-honesty, and intuition, and decide what's right for you. (No one else can tell you that.)

Also good luck on your journey!

Cheers.

14 hours ago, Shin said:

It's just that in our current society, it's almost impossible for such people to rise, there is such an abyssal pull to stage orange values, which make us go in the total opposite direction.

Chasing solutions in the external worlds, when there is no problem as long as we closely inquire within.
Chasing happiness in external activities, when the only place we can find it is in ourselves.
Chasing love in relationships, when the only love that exist is our own existence.

Totally agree, if you want to know what is of ultimate importance then a spiritual practice is necessary.

16 hours ago, Paul92 said:

But that book was telling me that I was chasing something, that I would never be happy until I did such and such, and understood that my reality is not what I think it is. Look, I was happy living my life, it wasn't perfect, but what is? Now I feel like I'm going insane. I thought I was going to have a seizure the other day. Everything just seems tainted. 

Can you put your finger on the exact catalyst behind this? What kept you from reading it without it having any influence on your happiness?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

that wud be nice if i cud have that.. being pretty unconscious but 95 percent graceful is not how it is for me. i try to be that person u describe but im too wrapped in my own ego to really enjoy anything let alone 95 percent. for me more coscoisness equals more gracefulness which has me very concerned with my level of conscoiusness. i bet ther are people who cope betterr

The thing with the ego is, there are no separate individuals.. this realization is the unstoppable virus that might eventually liberate humanity, hopefully by even stopping from identifying itself as such.
It is already spreading all over the world with 'normal people', like me having had enlightenment experiences and eventually living with the realization we don't really exist daily. Once it is sown, there is nothing to do about it. 'We' may go unconscious awhile, then we come back to the truth that we don't exist. We have no real mind of 'our own', existence is ultimately completely permeable.
But the truth should also make us very humble, because with it comes the fact that 'enlightened people' do not really exist either! It is really just consciousness transmitting pointers to the truth through language back and forth. In this sense just living the ordinary life, trying our best to love and understand everyone equally once 'enlightened' is perhaps the best one can do. Actually, with enlightenment should come the knowledge that there is no thing such as best or worst. At least I feel like this is becoming more and more integrated with my being. All that ever happened to me was good, and can be seen from infinite perspectives. And all that will happen is also good. With nothing special to look for, an enormous trust seems to be gradually brought into existence.

Edited by BKH

All this is here for your entertainment, I am here for your entertainment. Enjoy it with joy, enjoy me with joy and be without fear. The ego and the mind has already distorted all of reality and made it backwards, and it will suffer for it. Thus, there is no true life until there is Self-realization=God-realization, only then does life begin.

19 hours ago, Paul92 said:

Then I think people need to reevaluate how flippantly they band around the term 'unconscious'. My family and friends are good honest people, that wouldn't really wish anyone any ill. They have good morals, and strive to do the right thing and enjoy their lives. Which is why I love to be around them - they're down to earth. I think it would be unfair to just brand them all 'unconscious' because they haven't had a spiritual experience.

It's hard to see people as unconscious until you zoom way out and become conscious yourself. Perhaps you need to reevaluate how unconsciously you are perceiving the term "unconscious." You relate it to "zombies," you use it as a label with negative connotation, but you don't actually understand what we mean by this term or how to apply it properly. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being unconscious (probably 95% of people are), it is just an accurate description for their mind state. Of course they FEEL conscious and aware of everything they're doing, but that wouldn't hold up to even 30 seconds of questioning. It's a façade.

The terms good, honest, moral, "strive to do the right thing," and "enjoy their lives" are all gross generalizations of highly complicated and relative lives. You use these terms like they are absolute, like they mean something... You're really doing yourself a disservice by having these rose tinted glasses. If you really think your old life was that fantastic, then you were greatly fooled.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo