How to be wise

My body is burning with Love

60 posts in this topic

@Aakashjust like one might say true change can’t be contemplated/forced/willed, true love(unconditional) can’t be created 

maybe it is merely recognized and seems to spontaneously arise 

Love IS the creative. 

And can creation be come upon gradually which implies thought(cultivation)? 

Can the old be progressively modified as The New? 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River no it cannot; i can not love moment and not love the next 

so love has to be action ^_^

but we can be mindful atleast, to make it more considerate? 

10 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

That doesn't sound healthy to be honest. 

I understand where you’re coming from. Thank you.

@Bluebird Yes that is right. It is a sharp pain in the heart. I will follow your advice. Thank you a lot.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Nahm Yes. A lot of times it feels like my entire body is being fuelled with the energy of Love. But I still have a sharp pain in the heart. Thank you for sharing.

@Jack River I will attempt it. Thank you.

@Girzo Thank you. I will wait for it to pass (or change).

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@MsNobody Thank you for sharing.

My heart is burning with love
All can see this flame
 My heart is pulsing with passion
 like waves on an ocean

My friends have become strangers
and I’m surrounded by enemies
But I am free as the wind
no longer hurt by those who reproach me

I’m at home wherever I am
 And in the room of lovers
 I can see with closed eyes
 the beauty that dances

Behind the veils
intoxicated with love
I too dance the rhythm
of this moving world

I have lost my senses
in my world of lovers

Rumi

Reminded me of this poem. Let the love flow freely, and any place it's stuck, focus on it until it untangles. Try chanting and stretching a lot to release energy. Don't hold on to it one bit.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

13 hours ago, Aakash said:

no it cannot; i can not love moment and not love the next 

As an i is this succession of time (from one experience to another) and these experiences have there root in the past. “The past” modifies “it’s present”, projects it’s “end-future”.

This is thought. Of the past. Limited to imitation/invention. Never new. 

That is what I meant by time/thought with its tendency to cultivate/modify/cultivate a pure perception(the creative -  love). For there to be The New, must die the old. We need thought for practical-functional purpose, but in relationship this movement of time denies love/the creative. 

so love has to be action ^_^

Maybe. 

Just depends on what we mean by action. There is psychological action and there is psychological non-action. 

In this case the psychological action is the action that arises from this evolutionary self with its psychological accumulated knowledge/experience-memory that meets the present being bound by that bias of the past. So every step made is limited to the past. This can be known as divided action. 

Then there is non-psychological action. Insight sees this whole system of thought at work and when this psychological evolution is in movement the holistic insight allows for a non reactionary/responding to that movement of psychological time. To not act psychologically we find is undivided action. To act wholly/totally without images/the past (emotions/thought) distorting/fragmentating the inevitable action that life implies. No matter what life is action. My point is, what influences this action?...the past, or freedom/INSIGHT, that has put the past in its right place? 

When it comes to relationship/love, does the past have any place? 

but we can be mindful atleast, to make it more considerate? 

Awareness/attention to what is the barrier to love/relationship is the beginning fosho dude. 

This for me meant self-knowledge, which lead to holistic insight. And that sets the stage for non-psychological action, holistic action. 

Edited by Jack River

@Aakash fosho.  The whole process is meditation. The foundation is in self knowledge. Many will start off with habit to get to a source of silence in order to observe time movement. Or they will focus on the silence they have cultivated. 

In this foundation of self knowledge/insight/action, habit in of itself is negated totally.

Which means this silence is not cultivated/limited by will/time. It’s freedom without psychological movement so that harmony(no-thing-ness) is left as the ground. Ground of being/love. 

Edited by Jack River

If you feel sharp pain close to heart@How to be wise, it may simply be your spine. That type of pain is typical when you sit too much or have some back problems.

@Girzo But that feeling also comes with thoughts of being attracted to people. Surely that isn’t caused by sitting too much!

35 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Girzo But that feeling also comes with thoughts of being attracted to people. 

Attachment? 

Maybe the self is still trying to hold itself together yet is fragmenting itself.

This will give this feeling that you described.

Like a pressure/condensed density in that area.

This is another way people experience being an independent agent locked inside a bag of skin.

Some feel it in the head(behind eyes) & others in the heart area or both. Or like knots in the stomach. 

Identification with reactions(emotions/thought) as I think you are suggesting. Seeems to happen when the subject is separating itself from the objects of experience. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River yes man. The process of purging my mind and ego is a painful one. But also very worth it.

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Jack River yes man. The process of purging my mind and ego is a painful one. But also very worth it.

I feel ya.

I found it particularly painful when there wasn’t awareness of ego/mind apparent distinction.

It seems this sense of pain is because that distinction is not seen through as it arises. I mean we may start off seeing after the fact the pain has occurred, which means we are aware after the reaction. But then with INSIGHT there is a seeing as this divison arises, which I noticed in that there really isn’t any pain at all. The insight is action. 

A non-psychological recording or ending an experience as it arises. 

@Jack River What is your experience of the present moment? Spiritual teachers say that it is an illusion, but I don’t have the experience of this? Do you also see that the present moment is not real?

21 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

What is your experience of the present moment?

When the experience is in reference to apparent subject/object divison there is perception of a progressive continuity of the past, modified as the present, which projects forward in the future(time). This is the veil of thought/memory responding that attributes its content/movement to separate entity that is independent from time itself. 

Spiritual teachers say that it is an illusion, but I don’t have the experience of this?

You can also think of it as things being other than they seem. It seems a certain way because the self separates/abstracts itself from memory. 

Do you also see that the present moment is not real?

Can you see it as both real and unreal. Does that make sense? 

That is what I am referring to when it comes to time. That implies past/present/future.

‘Nowness’ is not a modification/continuity of past/present/future(time). 

This is what I meant by non-psychological recording or the ending of an experience as it arises. Not carrying it (past experiences) over in time, which sustains reaction cycle/loop. 

Edited by Jack River

If we meet emotions(reactions) with the past (the unreal-ideas/concepts/the word) that unreal manifest itself as very real(pain)reaction.. and so on. 

Which is what I meant by ending experience as it arises. To not meet that experience with the word/idea/concept/psychological remembrance. This way the experience flowers and dies on its own. We don’t feed it, which sustains it again to arise in “future” experience(time/divided self). 

Edited by Jack River