OneWithAll

Every night, you are given a gift.

30 posts in this topic

Each time you sleep, and you experience what an unconscious illusion would call a 'dream', the universe is providing you with a priceless, infinite gift. When you dream, your consciousness visits another part of the infinite. Have you noticed that, in your 'dreams', you are your true Self? You are at peace. There is no ego in that state of Being. No anger. No hatred. No opinion. Just floating through the infinite. It is impossible to judge or chastise.

What are your most vivid recollections from your 'dreams'? (I will use the term 'dream' for now). And what have they told you about your true Self?

I have noticed that i am in peace in my dreams sometimes, but i don't know if the ego is gone while i dream. I can get emotions in my dreams like worry, fear or hatred. I do usually judge people in my dreams. In some cases i can get depressed of the content in the dream, while I'm dreaming.

@OneWithAll yes indeed!

had a dream couple of weeks ago... in which yes, most of it, i was at peace... until i wasn't

i was having an argument with my sister and as it got heated, my self which was at peace became more heavily drawn into the dream and i was talking loudly in the dream and because i got more involved in the dream, i ended up waking up and i was talking aloud while laying on the bed

this was to me a very nice illustration of how our self at peace vs involved in the dream works

while at peace, you are sleeping peacefully and observing the dream simply

when not at peace, your body may fidget or you may talk in your dream because you are heavily involved in it

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Mikael89 Isn't this just materialist thinking? You believe your dreams are a product of your brain within your head. This is wrong.

@SoonHei  How do you explain being involved in your dream? Would you suggest your spirit is half in your body and half within infinite consciousness?  When I dream, I feel free. I dream so vividly. I am free of all thoughts and the egoic self.

@Nahm I think you are fooling yourself that you have a brain. Again, this is rather a materialistic perspective.

I have very little dream recall...a snippet of a dream 1-2 times a year happens, for about a decade now.

Otherwise, just waking and deep sleep. I prefer it this way now...not that there's a choice involved.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I have very little dream recall...a snippet of a dream 1-2 times a year happens, for about a decade now.

Otherwise, just waking and deep sleep. I prefer it this way now...not that there's a choice involved.

That’s how it’s been here as well. Ending experiences as they happen in the day to day makes for dreamless sleep. 

@Jack River I can assure you that you do 'dream', as a materialist might call it. Perhaps you need to work on further clearing egoic tendencies that only serve to block the path. This was my own experience.

10 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

How do you explain being involved in your dream? Would you suggest your spirit is half in your body and half within infinite consciousness?  When I dream, I feel free. I dream so vividly. I am free of all thoughts and the egoic self.

yes... when i awaken from the dream. it seems to have all gone thru very effortlessly and free of the egoic self... with the exception of the example i gave wherein by being involved emotionally and attaching to the happening in the dream... i awoke up in my bed and was still angry about the situation in the dream the moment i woke up and i was making my argument statement as i woke up out loud... 

by this i meant, that resting in the watchful state in dream / waking state is what gives us peace

most of us are resting as awareness during our dreams until we maybe drawn into it depending on what's happening in the dream and if it pulls us in emotionally.

imagine your current waking state life being lived as effortlessly as your dreams flow

of course there is no "your waking/dream" states :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

8 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

@Jack River I can assure you that you do 'dream', as a materialist might call it. Perhaps you need to work on further clearing egoic tendencies that only serve to block the path. This was my own experience.

No, within the last 4 months there are no dreams. I found that as the mind quieted more and more in day to day dreams also vanished. 

Sometimes I wake up meditating. And it seems there is awareness even during sleep, but no imagination/thoughts are rolling. It’s quite strange. But when I wake up I am exploding with energy. Much more than when dreams/thoughts were racing. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River Of course there is awareness during sleep, as Spirit and Consciousness leaves your being. I am happy you have found peace. It is just a shame you are unable to enjoy the bliss within a dream.

9 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

@Jack River Of course there is awareness during sleep, as Spirit and Consciousness leaves your being. I am happy you have found peace. It is just a shame you are unable to enjoy the bliss within a dream.

Maybe, maybe not. 

I noticed that the less psychological becoming in day to day makes for void like sleep. I know a lot of people see dreams as pleasurable, but I see them as a wastage of energy. 

When you can end an experience as it arises it’s a most beautiful way to live. Then to not project the past in place of the now. It’s an art dude. A beautiful art. 

Edited by Jack River

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Maybe l, maybe not. 

I noticed that the less psychological becoming in day to day makes for void like sleep. I know a lot of people see dreams as pleasurable, but I see them as a wastage of energy. 

I think that dreams are like a continuation of daily thought, when I meditate at night and nod off for a second my thoughts morph into more vivid images and sounds. It makes sense that overthinking leads to more energy expenditure so why couldnt dreaming? :)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

I think that dreams are like a continuation of daily thought, when I meditate at night and nod off for a second my thoughts morph into more vivid images and sounds. It makes sense that overthinking leads to more energy expenditure so why couldnt dreaming? :)

Fosho. And that energy is what allows for awareness itself. You got it dude:)

5 minutes ago, Jack River said:

When you can end an experience as it arises it’s a most beautiful way to live. Then to not project the past in place of the now. It’s an art dude. A beautiful art. 

How do you mean, end an experience?

@Rilles Ultimately, when you are dreaming you are not expending energy, as you are not in your physical body. You are riding the energy of the infinite. To suggest that dreaming has a drain on your physical body would suggest that dreams originate in the brain. We all agree to that, surely? Otherwise, you would be thinking quite materialistically.

2 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

How do you mean, end an experience?

@Rilles Ultimately, when you are dreaming you are not expending energy, as you are not in your physical body. You are riding the energy of the infinite. To suggest that dreaming has a drain on your physical body would suggest that dreams originate in the brain. We all agree to that, surely? Otherwise, you would be thinking quite materialistically.

Are you sure your above conclusion is not going to change? 

@Jack River It is a conclusion based upon my own experience. I dream vividly every single night, and yet my 'body', or whatever you might call it, does not feel drained in any way. As is my understanding, to suggest that dreams are draining to the physical body would suggest that they are illusions created within the brain. I know this to be not true. I know that consciousness has left my being and is then Being.

4 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

@Jack River It is a conclusion based upon my own experience. I dream vividly every single night, and yet my 'body', or whatever you might call it, does not feel drained in any way. As is my understanding, to suggest that dreams are draining to the physical body would suggest that they are illusions created within the brain. I know this to be not true. I know that consciousness has left my being and is then Being.

Ok. Enjoy, dude?