Pilgrim

How to Create Excitement in an Honest Way?

8 posts in this topic

I met someone interesting, but don't know how to proceed. It's been a while that I met someone I felt such an instant connection with. I am truly intrigued by this person, but I don't want to try to "win" him. I guess I want to know how to detach emotionally and not project anything into him. I do not know him well enough to really be able to tell who he is.. he really speaks to my hopes and I think he really is similar to me. But I don't want to fall in love with an illusion and I don't want him to fall in love with an illusion of myself. I want to be raw and honest. But simultaneously I wouldn't mind a little bit of "play" either. I want to leave him in the unknown to some degree, but not be too strategic or manipulative. What can I do? How can I be honest and authentic, but simultaneously not reveal too much and make it exciting? Interested in hearing about your thoughts. :) 

Pursuing this will only set you up to fall. You do not need a relationship. It is impossible to form a relationship that is not based on an illusion. If you want to live within an illusion, press ahead. Otherwise forget it, and surrender to the infinite beauty and bliss of the nothingness of now.

2 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

You do not need a relationship

It can be said that Life is nothing but relationships. Maybe the illusion is the resistance to life and its relationship based nature. 

4 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

It is impossible to form a relationship that is not based on an illusion

It’s impossible to be related when illusion divides communion. 

4 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

Otherwise forget it, and surrender to the infinite beauty and bliss of the nothingness of now.

The now/no-thing-ness/beauty IS to be in relationship. All else is of time/resistance. 

@Jack River Possibly. But then you are resisting solitude. In solitude, with nothing, you won't suffer. Indeed, you will be rewarded. 

@OneWithAll you misunderstood there is no conflict between solitude and relationships you can have both its stupid to limit onself in anything

@Pilgrim its not manipulative to be a challenge that creates excitement that is understanding of how attraction works...giving eachother what we subconciously desire is good otherwise you pick the other (in your word non manipulative way )that wont be interesting and will fall apart ...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf It also foolish to waste energy on relationships with unconscious beings, however the egoic mind labels them, i.e family, friends etc etc.

@OneWithAll not everyone is unconcious there are many that are developed and its actually good to spent with unconcious people because you can learn alot...and thinking you are superior to them is a trap lack of development on your part because every behaviour and act, you could have easily fall into and its not far from you and any conciouns people...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

6 hours ago, OneWithAll said:

@Jack River Possibly. But then you are resisting solitude. In solitude, with nothing, you won't suffer. Indeed, you will be rewarded. 

Solitude/aloneness is relationship. 

To me resisting suffering and being rewarded are of a mind that plays in the realm of reward and punishment. The need to be rewarded is resistance. 

Such resistance prevents relationship. 

Edited by Jack River