Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalForest

How to recover from being a Hacker and return on the Mastery path

4 posts in this topic

In a way, the Hacker may be worse than the Dabbler

At least the Dabbler is trying a lot of new things along the way and getting experience, learning lessons and may eventually find his one thing. 

The Obsessive has the work ethic and can eventually settle down and become a master.

The Hacker, though, has arrogance from already knowing quite a bit and doesn't have the work ethic or desire to keep improving, yet he also doesn't have the flexibility of the Dabbler, so he remains stuck going nowhere in circles, deluding himself that he's doing alright yet decaying faster than any of the other groups.

I've had the epiphany recently that I've become a Hacker in my profession. For the first 5 years I was constantly improving and became great in my eyes and the eyes of others, but for the past 5 years I've stopped trying to improve and although it didn't feel bad at first, over the years I've noticed that I've lost the attention to detail I once had and I've lost that rookie drive to challenge myself, since everyone still looks up to me and I'm better than 80% of people, so what's the point right? Big mistake. There is one person who no longer looks up to me. And that's myself, my highest self.

What is the best thing for a Hacker to do to snap out of it and get back on the Mastery path. Is it too late for the Hacker?

@EternalForest The answer to the question you ask is in the question itself...

You know you are a hacker and you know you want to be a master, that is your answer right there. So be a master.

If you know you are a hacker and want to be a Master, just be a master from here on out ;)

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@EternalForest Start getting out of your comfort zone. If you mastered your career try to learn new things about it, try mixing it with other stuff, If you are tired of it learn something new and ditch your current career. Try to find your life purpose what it is that make you smile while working on it? Maybe you need to start learning other stuff like spirituality or emotions etc? You only know.

@nahtanoj I know what my life purpose is (becoming an impactful musician), but I'll try doing that, jumping out of my comfort zone. Thanks