Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

when (if at all) do some people encounter the VOID?

19 posts in this topic

i was reading some posts on facebook and there many posts about it and being terrified and frightened by it beyond anything 

posts like

the void scares the piss out of me.....the peace that passes all understanding, nothing more need be said about that......one would like a guide book How to face the void!.....of course the map is not the territory, bit having some navigation tools facing the void might be good 

and

I'd be a wealthy man if I could give you a map with which to navigate the void! You're right to be piss scared, and yet there is nothing to be afraid of at all. Literally nothing at all. It's simply that emptiness leaves no where for you to stand .. or hide .. or escape to .. and for me that's terrifying. You can't navigate nothing ... and you know it .. that's why it's so frightening.

so when does one encounter it? potentially...? 

while meditating? or is this post awakening... once the true nature is known and when the body+mind goes to sleep and YOU now remain "consciousness" is it the deep-sleep state of blackness except now you are right in the center of it / as IT 

and what is the VOID... what are people referring to when they mention it?

is that the VOID? devoid of all experience ?

... the nothing side of nothing is everything ?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I've encountered a void once or twice in meditation. While in perfect stillness of mind suddenly appeared a void in awareness like a black hole opened up that was darkness within darkness. I didn't enter into it as it snapped me right out of the meditation it was so unexpected.

On another occasion while meditating I was in something like a state of Samadhi (perfect pure bliss consciousness) and when I surrendered to it I completely vanished. I didn't exist. So yes it was devoid of all experience unlike the experience above. But maybe that's because I did enter into it.

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

But maybe that's because I did enter into it.

hmmm

so not that one can "choose" to surrender... but it sounds like when the surrender happens, then it's all flowers and butterflies 

Love Is The Answer

When mind ends it’s continuity of seeking, chasing(desire), is mind different from void?

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

hmmm

so not that one can "choose" to surrender... but it sounds like when the surrender happens, then it's all flowers and butterflies 

Maybe surrender was too strong of a word to use. Lets just say "completely letting go of everything including the thought of letting go".

Flowers and butterflies - There was nothing to be experienced as there was no experiencer. It wasn't scary, pleasent, or anything.

@cetus56 the fear of the void then would be only for the egoic mind which upon reappearing identifies with having known/seen the void... when in fact it was not even present when there was just the void

the experience of the void = the experience of there not being an ego mind   . yaa?

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Yes, from the the ego/mind perspective that is what was experienced.  

7 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

the fear of the void then would be only for the egoic mind

Fear of the void is desire(resistance to death). 

Fear IS desire.

8 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

which upon reappearing identifies with having known/seen the void...

This happens as well. This is memory(desire-fear) wanting more. It will thingify no-thing-ness. 

10 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

the experience of the void = the experience of there not being an ego mind   . yaa?

Experience implies division. The void is not actually divided at all. The veiling of divison, stands upon THE GROUNDLESS GROUND itself. 

21 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

wasn't scary, pleasent, or anything.

what i got from the video is that the void - is in of itself one thing (you) and for something to be seperate from it , is the awareness that something is seperate from it and this is how i've come to realise even awareness is an illusion. therefore only void. 

3 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

I tried that, but found nothing.

It doesn’t click right away.  Also it depends on what you’re looking for.  At different stages of the Path the object of attention varies.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

18 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Joseph Maynor

I believe you didn't get my non dual humour. Hahaha xD

I saw it, but I decided to use the less flattering interpretation to make a point.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

It doesn't happen to you.... the you falls away. There is no warning, suddenly there is nothing where everything was. There is no feeling of fear or confusion because there is no you to feel it. It could happen at any moment and then you might be back in your life a moment later. Like as if a movie system glitched for a second or a few minutes and then restarted and eveything went back to "normal".

When it happened to me I wasn't alone, I was actually getting busy with a guy. Suddenly I was gone...everything was blackness, but it was not a deadness, it was an aliveness. I don't know how long I wasn't there. But then... I can't exactly explain this, but it was as if a single thought rose up in this emptiness and the thought was I don't know where I am. Another thought started to rise up that I was in a barn, but the guy said, you're in your apartment, so I must have said it out loud. And I was back... no fanfare, no trumpets, no honorary license to become a spiritual guru. just the resuming of the movie/life. I did wonder later though, if I would have resumed a different movie/life if he hadn't been there to bring me back to this one.