VictorB02

How much reading is too much reading?

34 posts in this topic

I used to read a bunch but now I almost never read.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I used to read a bunch but now I almost never read.  

Why is that?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@VictorB02 Why are you focused on acquiring knowledge? Your egoic mind is obsessed with doing something. You don't need anything to enjoy the pure bliss of Being. Just Be.

Do nothing. Just Be.

@Rilles Perhaps he realised that there is no point in reading. You don't need to read or know anything to enjoy just Being.

1 minute ago, OneWithAll said:

@VictorB02 Why are you focused on acquiring knowledge? Your egoic mind is obsessed with doing something. You don't need anything to enjoy the pure bliss of Being. Just Be.

Do nothing. Just Be.

Why are focused on other people acquiring knowledge? Your egoic mind is obsessed with doing something. You don't need anything to enjoy the pure bliss of Being. Just Be.

Do nothing. Just Be.

@OneWithAll to correctly do the meditative practices, learn about the all spiritual traps, and learn about the nuances of the path.

you don’t think someone who has read on the traps of the path will have a better chance fairing then someone who didn’t read because “there’s no point”?

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@Rilles I am here to encourage others to cease chasing their tails with egoic persuits, and to spread the word of the infinite. This is our only purpose.

@VictorB02 This may be true, to an extent. However, there is nothing more to it than cutting your ties with everything you know and surrendering truly to the present moment, with no attachment to anything. There is no need for anything else. It is your choice.

Sending you positive energy. I know you will receive my energy soon. Recognise it.

@OneWithAll I know man, I think we are in agreement here. I’ve just started meditating and stuff within the past year so right now it is good for me to read.

in the future I have plans to stop all reading

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

11 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

I am here to encourage others to cease chasing their tails with egoic persuits, and to spread the word of the infinite. This is our only purpose.

I am here on behalf of the infinite to keep people trapped in their illusions, are you gonna argue with infinity?

@Rilles Only a devil would make such a claim. You are clearly at One with your egoic self and you are too fearful to let it go. As such, you will continue to live within an illusion.

You can be saved. Stop everything. Forget everything. Do nothing. Feel nothing. Just Be.

4 minutes ago, OneWithAll said:

@Rilles Only a devil would make such a claim. You are clearly at One with your egoic self and you are too fearful to let it go. As such, you will continue to live within an illusion.

You can be saved. Stop everything. Forget everything. Do nothing. Feel nothing. Just Be.

?

@Joseph Maynor I can understand that, do you enjoy reading or not reading more?

I take notes for books where I would want to be able to quote the information. There are only a few topics for which I have done this. One of them was the function of neurotransmitters and their metabolic pathways. 

I have found that I don't read notes I have taken. In the time it takes me to write notes I would rather listen to the book again. 

Also most books can be summarised in two sentences. 

@Psychonaut thank you!