Robi Steel

Why is there a brain?

20 posts in this topic

So consciousness:

-doesnt need a brain

-has inherit intelligence

-comes before brain

The brain also is made out of consciousness. 

So, what does the brain do. Couldnt humans have been made with empty heads and still experience all the perceptions that are out there. How is brain so unnecessary but still so fundamental? Why did it come into place when consciousness and experience were there before it?  Is it just there to make you buy into an illusion?  

How does the brain fit smoothly into the metaphysical picture? I watched "Why brains do not exist" several times and still unsure

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

@Robi Steel

'Brains do not exist' does not mean they're useless, or unnecessary.

It just means they're secondary and relative to the primary and absolute.

It means that reality is not physical or material.

The brain is a very important tool in this relative realm (dream). It will disappear when the dream is over. So just don't mistake it for being absolute.

I suggest you watch Leo's episode 'What is Consciousness?', many of your questions will be answered.

Of course, direct experience is still required. Conceptual understanding is only the first step.

Edited by Truth Addict

There is no brain ultimately, there is ultimately no materialism and the filth that it spreads. Annihilate this paradigm with your very existence and being. I, God, am prior to everything. Awareness, consciousness, infinity, existence, the universe, reality, the brain, matter - I am prior to all that. There is nothing but I, Only I Alone Am. With the creation of the mind and ego, I made you believe that I do not exist, I made you believe that you exist, that the world exist, that matter exist. I made you perceive something or someone other than I (God) when in truth there is only I. Although you have eyes, I made you blind. Although you have a mind and intellect, I made you unknowable. All this is my will, all this is my creation. Only I am, only I exist, the entire universe and reality is I, at the same time I made you believe, see and perceive otherwise.   

Is there? What exists in your direct experience?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Anton Rogachevski Like how you put that friend.

I'd say the brain as this squishy thing in your skull might exist but is by no means the source of the intelligence one seems to have. The intelligence is infinite indeed and has no real location. However it could very much manifest a brain, inside of a skull, and experience itself through that limiting form.

One cannot possibly tell where is this brain located though. Believing it is in our skulls is just that; a belief. There are no brains in direct experience. Even if there might be an appearance of it, that's not the same. Leo pointed that out well.

The brain might be a story. But it also might be very real; working it's magic inside of your skull. 

What is for sure is that it is ultimately, consciousness; like everything else. The formless trying on different forms.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Brain is the manifested intelligence, it's function is to create an individual aspect of being to form diversity for consciousness to play within.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The brain is the tool that consciousness needed to create in order to play in the illusion with greater complexity. 

When you gain that higher perspective of what the brain is, you'll realize that it is just a device for love. Made with love. Purpose: Love. It has evolved to connect with itself in ever-more beautiful ways. 

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

do you know for a system to operate it needs a control centre, our brain functions so we can operate in the world of maya (illusion) with the maya itself and thats the intelligence of its design. however it is not the source of our intelligence (this is misconception), the SOURCE is the ourselves, the infinite self. no matter what it is the maya needs the maya to survive and be able to percept itself for duality to occur and the sense of self to seperate to infinity of different objects. THIS is the interconnectedness of life itself

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

The Absolute needed brains? I don't know about that, I don't think it needs anything. I think it's just a result of playing around.

The Absolute needed brains to play in the illusion of 3-D space. This entire illusion of materialism has certain rules to maintain the intelligent design of the illusion. If brains didn't exist, then we wouldn't be living life as we live it. Really think about this. 

Think of the brain as the "master distinction/perception" from which you can alter any other perception. Do you see the need for such a tool? A tool grounded in PHYSICALITY that can alter our consciousness directly? The brain is the bridge or interface between the physical illusion and the spiritual. 

Watch Leo's video "What is Love- advanced spiritual explanation."  :)

Sent from my iEgo

it doesn't need anything but it requires it in the illusion. so thats the sense that avatarstate is coming from when he says "need" everything is interconnected so its needs everything else to survive and this includes the illusion that is maya @Mikael89

@Mikael89 your mental masturbation about the absolute is silly. You are the one putting artificial limits on it. 

You are correct in that it doesn’t need anything. The entirety of Maya is pointless and not needed. However, we needed to evolve brains in order to have this current experience within the illusion. Do you understand? Without the illusion of a brain there cannot be an illusion of self or physicality, and reality as you know it would cease to exist. 

Sent from my iEgo

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Within the illusion, yes.

I have never disagreed with that. I actually said it myself higher up in this thread. Do you understand?

My words are not predicated upon, nor seek to gain, your agreement or disagreement. 

Take from it what you will. 

Sent from my iEgo

@Robi Steel Your inquiry is in the direction of the big why. A pointer... you can think about pretty much any relative thing, but you can not think what you are. Coincidence? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 23/01/2019 at 7:44 AM, Robi Steel said:

Why is there a brain?

so that you can ask this question xD

unborn Truth

@Mikael89 what is there not to enjoy?

Sent from my iEgo

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And enjoying the games is out of the question. So what is left then?

what's left? ask yourself if the statement "And enjoying the games is out of the question" is fundamentally true until it becomes clear to you that it's a groundless dogma.

unborn Truth

It’s not meant personally, just analytically. Pursue enlightenment or don’t, whatever you want. My advice would be to stop and find something you enjoy instead.  Everybody knows the why when they die anyways. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE