SQAAD

Will Science Ever be able to explain Consciousness?

71 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura yes, exactly! Science becomes mysticism, in a beautiful full circle! I don't believe that mysticism will not evolve as well... It has been evolving for the last 10000 years. Just extremely slowly. Mysticism is really just science taken to the extreme. 

Science won't cease to exist when it gets to that point, it will flourish unimpeded. That type of science would be completely unrecognizable to us now, but I believe it will blow our fucking minds.

What I'm saying is that mysticism as a scientific pursuit is still in its infancy. Mysticism is still in the dark ages. I mean, it is still fashionable and recommended to use the same techniques of 5,000 years ago! How insane is that? Do you really think that's the only way, or the BEST way to practice mysticism? We've barely even begun...

Edited by TheAvatarState

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Ultimately the world will accept the new definition of science.  Mysticism and materialism will merge into what will be the new science.  In essence this already happened with the founding fathers of quantum physics but is too radical right now for the common ego to accept.  

Unless you are at the genius level these guys were or you have an enlightenment experience you cannot grasp the true meaning of science.  Science in its completion can only point to the Truth it cannot formulate it in a mathematic equation.   We are still hundreds of years if not thousands of years away from this.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I notice similiar: an evolution of science toward immaterial. For example, the fields of quantum chemistry and quantum biology are emerging. 

Science and mysticism will converge and co-evolve. But science as a conceptual activity will never really grasp the Absolute.

Science must become the hand-maiden of mysticism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Science and mysticism will converge and co-evolve. But science as a conceptual activity will never really grasp the Absolute.

Science must become the hand-maiden of mysticism.

This, I can agree with. The main difference between science now and yellow+ science is that science will understand its limits and no longer make truth claims. When science accepts that mysticism is valid, they will start to merge and co-evolve (probably when society is at upper green/beginning yellow. And that will be a beautiful thing. I think we'll start to see the very beginnings of this in our lifetimes. Just see how our understanding of meditation has deepened over the last 20 years. Science admittedly doesn't understand WHY this shit works, but there has been a giant influx of funding and studies into meditation research. Take that times 100, then you might have a little vision of what will happen when mysticism and science start merging.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Why are you trying to explain consciousness to begin with?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why are you trying to explain consciousness to begin with?

Because it’s the juciest fruit on the tree.

Because you are God tricking yourself into forgetting who you are - for the purpose of trying to figure out who you are.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Because you are God tricking yourself into forgetting who you are - for the purpose of trying to figure out who you are.

That’s totally what it feels like sometimes. It’s wonderfully bizarre. 

17 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Because it’s the juciest fruit on the tree.

The Ego loves the juicy fruit.

29 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Ego loves the juicy fruit.

The sweeter the better. . .

Thank you Everybody for the comments, i really appreciate it :x One thing that i would like to comment that BLEW MY MIND and i would love some insight.

Nassim Haramein (scientist) was talking in an interview that while meditating he was able to go back in time (there is no time for him) and change one gene. And the next morning a bump he had on his nose dissapeared.

BUT he said that if you want to change the weather or win the lottery you CAN'T because there is collective consciousness involved or something along these lines.

Can someone please give me an insight/opinion about this?

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD I’ve felt resonance with “supernatural” realms. For example a hyper awareness of the mind dynamics and the power of editing and rewiring my brain. As well, hyper connectivity with certain people and the ability to control energy flows. Yet, it’s not “me”. It’s more like apperances. 

From a genetics perspective, traumatic experiences cause epigenetic alterations that change gene expression. These changes are widespread and can last years / decades. So, I would not be surprised at all if someone became so in tune with their mind that they epigenetically changed gene expression in their brain. Altering gene expression via mutation would be a much more difficult and inefficient endeavor. It’s not the mechanism of how neurons change their behavior. 

For the people that say "No, it cannot be explained because .." , Can anything be explained? 
Can science explain gravity? I'm pretty sure the standards you put on explanation consciousness would say no. 
"Yes gravity is the force that attracts stuff to stuff" - you would say this is valid explanation, but, why is it any different than "Yes, consciousness is the field of information which we are aware of" ?

This goes deep, because every explanation can be satisfied on four different dimensions. In my own experience, in objective terms, in cultural, or social terms. You're probably speaking of cultural and social terms. Like, you would say science has explained gravity because it measured and model it, and most important of all, *there is a social and cultural consensus that the explanation is valid*

If you find an explanation that works on your own experience, such as "All substance is made of consciousness", this might not work on a social level, because your friend might say, no consciousness isn't substance. Or, the culture will reject it because it has absolutely not value, like Einstein said even if God exists, he is not a factor in the equation, since he is all present, we can just ignore him to eliminate redundant factor.

I would recommend reading Ken Wilber, and his Integral approach to this question is quite amazon in my opinion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral_theory_(Ken_Wilber)#Quadrants

4 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

The sweeter the better. . .

Unchecked, the Ego will destroy itself with the juicy fruit.  Drug addiction proves that.  Obesity proves that.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor