Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EvilAngel

Anita Moorjani

13 posts in this topic

I was reading her book "Dying to be Me", in which she describes her experience of being diagnosed with cancer, then having a Near Death Experience and consequently healing from the cancer. I thought this excerpt was perhaps relevant to this website: 

"If a guru, teacher or master makes you feel that you aren't "yet" enlightened and still have more to "learn", "release," or "let go of" before getting there, then they're not doing a good job of teaching you who you truly are, or you're misunderstanding them."

I also thought this was an interesting perspective about the ego in her Q&A at the back of the book:

Q: Most people on a spiritual path believe that the ego impedes spiritual growth and that we're supposed to shed the ego. Why aren't you advocating this?

A: "Because if you deny the ego, it will push back against you harder. The more you reject something, the more it fights back for it's own survival. But when you can completely love your ego unconditionally and accept it as part of how you express in this life, you'll no longer have a problem with it. It won't impede your growth - on the contrary, it will be an asset. We're all born with an ego - it's a natural part of who we are here. We're only completely without it in death. Fighting against this during life only creates more self-judgment. Plus, only when we love our ego unconditionally are we able to accept everyone else's. This is when it stops being an issue, and your humility and magnificence really shine through."

This is a revelation to me, because up until this point I've been watching my ego like a hawk; judging, condemning and beating myself up for existing.

Food for thought...

Edited by EvilAngel

Not surprised no-one's replying to this...it must be taboo to promote love for the ego on a forum where everyone is trying to destroy themselves.

@EvilAngel no. this is not unheard of :) 

sure, love your ego unconditionally... important to highlight who is it that will be loving their ego?

key to avoid having the ego loving itself...

also. when you write: until this point I've been watching my ego like a hawk; judging, condemning and beating myself up for existing.

is it not the EGO who has been judging, condemning, beating itself up?

note: YOU are not the one who will is doing any of these watching, judging of the ego.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

sure, love your ego unconditionally... important to highlight who is it that will be loving their ego?

I believe this is my soul loving my ego unconditionally. There. How's that? :)

@EvilAngel lol. moving the words around doesn't matter much here :)

it's like saying the same thing using a different accent lol :D 

but you get an A for effort :) 

but do you also see. that words alone are just labels... calling it your soul or yourself or the real you... all are words

in other words, what you are after is the taste... You must taste rather than read about how it tastes :) reading about it in one way or more, won't give you the actual taste :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Everyone should remember that this whole idea of "being" awareness and "having" an ego is just one way of looking at human experience. After all, who is the one who has an ego? Does God have an ego? 

@EvilAngel I love Anita, if you wanna look into the same type of integrating the ego check out Matt Kahn he even did a facebook chat with her about life and stuff, theyre friends :-) 
And of course love the ego as the soul that resides within as an expression of consciousness, loving the ego is like loving the dormant, child-like potential that when integrated becomes an expression and embodiment of the soul. Its like loving the ego is loving the inner child.

and Who is it that is loving the inner child??....Said the person who received an official award of the most neglectful and abusive parent ever. Congratulations :D

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

1 hour ago, Martin123 said:

@EvilAngel I love Anita, if you wanna look into the same type of integrating the ego check out Matt Kahn he even did a facebook chat with her about life and stuff, theyre friends 

I'm watching it right now. It seems like they are not relaxed and I find it very uncomfortable to watch. Ironically, Anita comes across as incredibly pretentious. Oh well.

33 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

I'm watching it right now. It seems like they are not relaxed and I find it very uncomfortable to watch. Ironically, Anita comes across as incredibly pretentious. Oh well.

Haha really thats funny. Its true it did give off a bit of a codependent vibe... Even Matt did admit that it took him until recently to really work out codependency so who knows... maybe this was one of those working out moments ._. 

@EvilAngel Has it ever happened to you where youre overcoming codependency and all your friends who are still steeped in it are now all really weird to hang out with, and you just dont know what to do without looking like a little bit of a dick? Defeinitely happened to me a lot :D

I've never identified as "codependent". I just read the description of co-dependency on psychcentral and it doesn't apply to me. I am a bit of a loner (I tend to value my independence, and am pretty picky with who I get involved with) so I don't have the experience in relationships. For me, there is much more pain in relationships than being on my own, so that's why I've stayed single most of my life. 

I wouldn't know if I had codependent tendencies until I got into a long-term relationship. 

@EvilAngel OHhh story of my life... ding ding ding...
Heres what happened with me. I had the same mentality, like I aint lonely, I Dont need people, people who seem overly attached kind of creeped me out (almost as if they like triggered a really creepy instincts in my gut). Which you know... thats enmeshment trauma 

After healing my enmeshment - allowing my repressed sense of self re-develop, allow myself to set boundaries and stuff, boy o boy, did I become a hell of a codependent.... But IT FET SOO GOOOD....
It got me in touch with my unresolved emotional needs, and strangely enough that felt better than avoiding and running away from connection. I came in contact with the part of me that was SOO starved of love, and I was sooo needy... for a while... and I LOVED IT :D It was so fun...

Now im not saying you have enmeshment trauma... I am saying... think about things that I said if you like to think, thinking is fun!

22 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

I was reading her book "Dying to be Me", in which she describes her experience of being diagnosed with cancer, then having a Near Death Experience and consequently healing from the cancer. I thought this excerpt was perhaps relevant to this website: 

"If a guru, teacher or master makes you feel that you aren't "yet" enlightened and still have more to "learn", "release," or "let go of" before getting there, then they're not doing a good job of teaching you who you truly are, or you're misunderstanding them."

I also thought this was an interesting perspective about the ego in her Q&A at the back of the book:

Q: Most people on a spiritual path believe that the ego impedes spiritual growth and that we're supposed to shed the ego. Why aren't you advocating this?

A: "Because if you deny the ego, it will push back against you harder. The more you reject something, the more it fights back for it's own survival. But when you can completely love your ego unconditionally and accept it as part of how you express in this life, you'll no longer have a problem with it. It won't impede your growth - on the contrary, it will be an asset. We're all born with an ego - it's a natural part of who we are here. We're only completely without it in death. Fighting against this during life only creates more self-judgment. Plus, only when we love our ego unconditionally are we able to accept everyone else's. This is when it stops being an issue, and your humility and magnificence really shine through."

This is a revelation to me, because up until this point I've been watching my ego like a hawk; judging, condemning and beating myself up for existing.

This is true. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE