Anton Rogachevski

A useful metaphor for spiritual practice

10 posts in this topic

Giving the brain a spiritual practice, is like giving a baby a chew toy. As long as there's tooth ache the toy is a useful instrument, but as soon as the desire to seek externally is quenched, the brain drops it.

In reality, the baby as it's becoming an adult, still needs to take care of its teeth, and the person needs to keep developing and integrating spiritual insights.

So to keep developing, develop the tools as you go.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

10 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

In reality the baby still needs to take care of it's teeth

And you need to take care of your grammar ? 

That's a great metaphor.  The Ego has to discover No Ego.  That's the Path of Enlightenment.  So, the Path is designed for Egos.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

25 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@Joseph Maynor

Thank you dear friend,

Good luck on your journey,

It seems you are very serious at this work, it's inspiring.

Enlightenment Work functions very practically in my life.  It's like the counter-balance of my Ego -- the pressure-release valve for my Ego.  No Ego, like Ego gets summoned depending on the context.  If reality is really rubbing my Ego the wrong way, I might surrender into being and use the lens of No Ego for a while.  You need No Ego -- paradoxically, it's what allows Ego to develop into a Healthy Ego or what I call an Enlightened Ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

In reality, the baby as it becoming an adult, still needs to take care of it's teeth

*In reality, the baby, as it's becoming and adult, still needs to take care of its teeth

The ego is like a crutch of a man with a broken leg, it needs to be strong to allow him to heal, but when the leg is fully healed, he let's go of the crutch and walks freely.

A weak ego is a bigger trouble, because it inflates and gets over protective.

Like a physical crutch, it's an object without will or life of it's own. It's an inanimate puppet-scapegoat of the devil, used to draw your attention from his actions.

"My ego did this, my ego did that." - c'mon, face it, it was you, don't blame poor little ego.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

19 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

The ego is like a crutch of a man with a broken leg, it needs to be strong to allow him to heal, but when the leg is fully healed, he let's go of the crutch and walks freely.

A weak ego is a bigger trouble, because it inflates and gets over protective.

Like a physical crutch, it's an object without will or life of it's own. It's an inanimate puppet-scapegoat of the devil, used to draw your attention from his actions.

"My ego did this, my ego did that." - c'mon, face it, it was you, don't blame poor little ego.

Ego is your interest in reality.  No Ego is being.  Both of these are laid on top of each other in a person.

Edited by Joseph Maynor