Wyze

Subcultures (Trigger Warning)

64 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Wyze said:

I think my biggest concern is the potential influence of extreme groups and the average person falling into what you've mentioned as "good people" doing bad deeds, and not even realizing it. I've noticed that the bad deeds of the last 100 years have significant impacts on their children and grandchildren (war-traumas). Is this a sign of the collective shadow?

In Germany and Austria to a lesser extent, there are a lot of cigarette vending machines, was initially surprised as they are very clean countries. Also a lot of personal vegetable gardens as opposed to allotments. But when you have tens of thousands of people incinerated in firestorms it leaves an effect. Supposedly it also elevates the level of cortisol, for the next generation. One thing with Brits vs Americans, is Brits can have a very dark sense of humour and joke about killing. Americans tend to take things more literally, more similar to the Germans.

14 hours ago, Emerald said:

Death does correspond to the feminine principle as does birth. It is the feminine that sews the seeds, nurtures the sprout, and reaps the harvest. This is personified in the triple goddess archetype of maiden, mother, and crone. And the crone that reaps the harvest is the personification of death. The feminine is also representative of nature and all the cycles within nature, which includes death. 

But don't let that scare you away from the feminine principle. It is dark and gritty but is also beautiful and regenerative. And it is also what keeps us grounded and embodied in our humanity... something that's been out of fashion for quite a few many millennia. 

I've been thinking of ways I might be able to manipulate my EGO. There's a lot of information out there to take in. One the problems with Hinduism is I think it can fragment the Psyche which is not something I'm aiming for. Kundalini according to Jung supposedly leads to EGO inflation. Which is contrast to what I'd like to do, which is deflate the EGO. Perhaps possible through Buddhism, Jainism looks like a complete mess to follow.

However, I'm also wary of the intuition of Evil. The only way Evil makes sense to me is through Christianity. Otherwise, there is no such thing. 

Was looking a bit into Saint Augustine recently, mostly to try and shift my psychology towards being, and not teleology. Anyway, I've been to St Augustine! nice town.

50/50 between Christianity and an unconscious mind, was previously more agnostic and atheistic. There's a Jung reading group channel on Youtube,  "Carl Jung Depth Psychology Reading Group". I find it interesting talking to Jung enthusiasts.

Edited by RichardY

3 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Your framework isn't simple.

Perhaps, I can work on simplifying it further.

It's judgmental and it displays a lack of open-mindedness and compassion.

I'm not sure about that. But, I wouldn't expect open-mindedness and compassion from myself either when I am fooling around aimlessly.

You may consider that you do not have it all figured out.

I didn't say I figured it all out. If I did, I would have sounded a lot more confident, or I would have just directly manifested my understanding in a physical form.

Edited by CreamCat

4 hours ago, RichardY said:

In Germany and Austria to a lesser extent, there are a lot of cigarette vending machines, was initially surprised as they are very clean countries. Also a lot of personal vegetable gardens as opposed to allotments. But when you have tens of thousands of people incinerated in firestorms it leaves an effect. Supposedly it also elevates the level of cortisol, for the next generation. One thing with Brits vs Americans, is Brits can have a very dark sense of humour and joke about killing. Americans tend to take things more literally, more similar to the Germans.

Yes there are cigarette vending machines too in Japan. And smoking is very common thing. And most countries have very easy access to alcohol as well.

I find alcoholism in UK is more of an issue compare to Europe? I really do believe that the increased use of substance abuse along with extreme thinking, that we are seeing today, is a reflection of inter-generational trauma, or at least it is linked.

@Wyze

Alcoholism is more of a problem in Eastern Europe. There's probably some problems in the North of the UK in former industrial areas.

Extreme thinking; yeah inter-generational trauma is very real I think. Or at least a large degree of repetition. Kind of like karma.