Aaron p

How is it possible to remain within direct experience within self-enquiry?

4 posts in this topic

How can i remain within the parameters of direct experience when enquiring into things like my heart, or lungs, or kidneys...when they themselves are not within my direct experience. The confusion (for me) is amplified further when enquiring into things like my happiness or anxiety. These things are not present within my direct experience during my self enquiry practises, so how can i analyse whether or not i would still be there if they were removed...they arent there to begin with, not at that present moment. Also, things like my 'knowledge' or 'memory'...i do not know what it would be like to have lost my memory, since if i did lose my memory i would not remember what it was like to have *not* lost my memory. This disables me from concluding whether or not i would still exist if my memory ceased to exist. I find it incredibly hard to answer the question "if my knowledge was removed, would i be removed" because i do not know how it feels to exist without knowledge. 

Answers?

the one demoninator is the answer - its all an illusion, no matter what you come up with- with the mind 

neither the heart, body, soul, mind, brain , kidney , spleen, lungs , life , death, sight, sound, smell its all an illusion of emptiness

6 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

How can i remain within the parameters of direct experience when enquiring into things like my heart, or lungs, or kidneys...when they themselves are not within my direct experience. You got it already - they are not in your direct experience. 

The confusion (for me) is amplified further when enquiring into things like my happiness or anxiety. See that the identity+concepts “my happiness / my anxiety” are not within direct experience, but rather the bodily sensations are. 

These things are not present within my direct experience during my self enquiry practises, so how can i analyse whether or not i would still be there if they were removed...they arent there to begin with, not at that present moment. There are sensations, choices, preferences. This implies there is an experiencer, a chooser, a preferrer. But, this is what inquiry is for. See if there is such an entity.

Also, things like my 'knowledge' or 'memory'...i do not know what it would be like to have lost my memory, since if i did lose my memory i would not remember what it was like to have *not* lost my memory. This disables me from concluding whether or not i would still exist if my memory ceased to exist. I find it incredibly hard to answer the question "if my knowledge was removed, would i be removed" because i do not know how it feels to exist without knowledge. Maybe you’re overthinking this stuff. Consider “my knowledge & my memory” are like “my water & my atoms”. To whom do these things really belong?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE