ShaharA

Why coffe is bad?

54 posts in this topic

Cacao is a much better alternative.

proxy-duckduckgfefefefefesfo-com.jpg

B R E A T H E

22 hours ago, JonnyEstaLoca said:

What about Coke Zero ? I have read that it's not good either.

Worse than regular coke. Sweeteners trick your body into thinking it is getting a real glucose, your insulin goes up, your blood sugar goes down and you end up hypoglycaemic and hungrier than before --> studies show that people actually gain weight on sweetened sugar-free drinks for this reason. Also they think because they had "diet" coke they can get in extra calories which usually contributes to the weight gain. 

And finally most sweeteners are neurotoxins so thats not ideal. 

Edited by Michael569
grammar

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 1/21/2019 at 0:26 PM, ShaharA said:

I drink coffee (sometimes a lot) and I have heard Leo talking about how coffee is not recommended, But he never gave a full explanation why...

I couldn't really find any reliable source against coffee online (everywhere it said it is good got us) and I really want to find that true information that will help me to raise my awareness about it.

For now, something in my body is telling me that it is not good for me, but it is just an intuition- that's why I'm asking this question. 

I drink one cup of coffee per day. That feels better to me than no coffee or more than that. Listen to your body. 

If someone's statement contradicts your personal direct experience, their statements have little value to you.

Edited by Matt8800

@ShaharA Coffee is the gift from heavens, people who talk shit about coffe are the most unconscious bunch on the planet, they just jelly of the coffe-heaven-like perfection that enters our lives every morning. 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:22 AM, Michael569 said:

@outlandish yeah its always about getting that dopamine stimulus isn't it? Most of humanity uses coffee for low concious stimulation but it can definitelly be used to channel higher conciousness activities,it is hard not to abuse it though because of how addictive it is. 

I think of caffeine mainly as a safe, enjoyable, base functional stimulant, rather than something to be used in a quest for higher self. Although it could help with that incidentally just by giving some alertness and a bit more of a handle on motivation.

I don't really see it as a drug of abuse because it's not very addictive like the way tobacco or opiods are, pretty easy to quit, and it carries a lot of health benefits - so if you do develop a habit it's doing the opposite of harming you, ironically. 

@ShaharA a very light and easy (but reliable) source is Dr. Greger's site nutritionfacts.org - here's some stuff on coffee: https://nutritionfacts.org/topics/coffee/

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 22-1-2019 at 11:41 AM, Michael569 said:

Anatomically, fight and flight triggers release of adrenaline, noradrenaline and cortisol from your adrenal glands which in turn activates your heart muscle to work harder, dilates your trachea (windpipe) to take in more oxygen, raises blood pressure and dilates arteries to pump blood faster into muscles. It also suppresses any digestive activities as well as your immune system as these are not priorities in life-threatening situations. Your liver also starts turning stored glycogen into glucose and shoots it into the bloodstream to have immediate available energy. 

SO you can start to see that while on one side this is a useful mechanism to have, an overstimulation causes decreased immunity, stops digestion, weakens your adrenals and temporarily raises your blood pressure. Coffee also triggers gastric reflux in some people, and often causes diarrhoea. Coffee is highly acidic, it forces your body to activate its acid/base buffer systems which may eventually leach calcium from your bones to alkalise the environment and contribute to osteoporosis (although research is not conclusive on this)

Thx now I know why I need to shit so often after drinking coffee

Hey guys, after research I did and after I checked all the pros and cons today I decided to quit coffee entirely.

The main reason I decided to do it is that I realized it is running my life and that I depend on it.

I will run a Journal about it in the Journals forum you are more than welcome to follow.

^ that's a pretty good argument for why not to drink caffeine. It can put us into a state of constant sleep deprivation if you don't watch it, and you can be totally blind to the fact that you're only operating at 80% or whatever. I've definitely had periods in my life like that.

Still love it, not planning on quitting, although I'm careful to only drink in the morning so I can sleep nicely at night.

@ShaharA Brilliant!! 

@rounder Exactly rounder. I also find it places monkey mind into level 1000, just doesn't shut the f up ?

@outlandish Have you experimented with a few weeks with and without? 

I quit drinking coffee cold turkey a while ago because I realized I was dependent on it. After that, I fixed my sleep schedule thus I have a lot more energy so I don't need caffeine in my system.

Still, I really like the taste and sometimes it'd be so good to drink a cup but then I'd risk relapsing, so I discipline myself :D 

Edited by nistake

The problem is that its extremely addictive, and you get shitty withdrawal symptoms if you have been drinking it for a long time. 

I drink it all the time but it doesn't effect me too negatively, I can still do the things I want to do.

10 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@outlandish Have you experimented with a few weeks with and without? 

Oh yeah, many times :D 

I don't have a problem starting or stopping, so I don't agree at all that it's very addictive. It's nowhere close to as addictive as tobacco or alcohol IME. Also, ever since I discovered that it has so many health benefits, I stopped holding on to any guilt about my coffee consumption. Ironically, it's an anti-harmful habit!

I believe that our bodies and beings thrive on a bit of adversity, and coffee and tea provide just the right dose of stress stimulus to our systems, with little of the harm associated with rougher stimuli. I believe this is why we're naturally attracted to coffee and tea, and it explains why caffeine consumers have longer life expectancies and lower rates of cancers.

@Joseph Maynor There are far better alternatives for liver support than coffee like Raw Fresh Fruits & Vegetables and their juices and herbs like Milk Thistle, He Shou Wu, Schizandra Berry ect.. The amount of damage to your adrenals and nervous system that coffee/caffeine can do long time is not worth the risks.

Besides, the Monkey Mind will never be able to calm down truly let alone Evolve with any stimulants even the herbal ones. Stimulants are like wearing the MASK, they are a temporary solution that will never heal or transcend a core issue.

Hope this helps

B R E A T H E

8 hours ago, pluto said:

@Joseph Maynor There are far better alternatives for liver support than coffee like Raw Fresh Fruits & Vegetables and their juices and herbs like Milk Thistle, He Shou Wu, Schizandra Berry ect.. The amount of damage to your adrenals and nervous system that coffee/caffeine can do long time is not worth the risks.

Besides, the Monkey Mind will never be able to calm down truly let alone Evolve with any stimulants even the herbal ones. Stimulants are like wearing the MASK, they are a temporary solution that will never heal or transcend a core issue.

Hope this helps

I stopped drinking coffee basically.  Today I had a small decaf coffee which seemed to have as much caffeine in it as a normal coffee.  But I remembered that coffee is good for your liver when I drank it. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Random use shouldn't be an issue, its when we use it daily and become dependent on it is when we start to suffer from the inside out. Even Cacao which is superior to coffee in terms of health and nutrition should not be used long term as a replacement for natural energy.

Stimulants are more for short term/emergency situations In my honest opinion. Coconut water, Fruit and or smoothies are far better long term/daily options.

B R E A T H E

So is tea still better even though it has caffeine in it?

On 24/01/2019 at 10:04 AM, Arcangelo said:

Hi. I was a coffee drinker. I used to drink from 2 to 4 cups a day.

Your intuition is right.

Quitting coffee is a game changer. Say good bye to any anxiety you had.

I replaced it with green and black Tea. Good stuff.

Also good for the teeth (coffee stains them)

It is good for nutrition and healthy eating habits. Coffee is always associated with cake, bread, cookies etc (all the bad stuff)

I didn't quit completely. Now i am a social coffee drinker. I never drink coffee alone. I went from 14-28 cups a week to 1-2 cups a week.

Quitting coffee = good idea

@ShaharA because it's addictive. everyone that i know that start to drink coffee regularly report headaches when they skip it.

unborn Truth

@iamnotahumanbeing Healthwise yes Matcha, Cacao ect.. are much better alternatives but can also become a crutch in the long run if you seek optimal health and function. Any stimulant for that matter won't replace core energy, just masks it.

Its like Getting High on Cannabis or Psychedelics in general when seeking Enlightenment. Its always going to be temporary masking and not a permanent solution.

B R E A T H E