EvilAngel

Resisting what is

65 posts in this topic

Say your feet are cold. Should you do anything to change this or just accept it? Surely going by the logic of many spiritual teachers, there is no need to change something external like cold feet, as this would be "resisting what is". 

What do you think?

2 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Say your feet are cold. Should you do anything to change this or just accept it? Surely going by the logic of many spiritual teachers, there is no need to change something external like cold feet, as this would be "resisting what is". 

What do you think?

let's say that you are crossing the road and are walking at a normal pace...

you see a car approaching and the driver is distracted... you know you will be hit if you don't run out of the way

now... is there a need to change something external here?

or would that be resisting what is?

The "no need to change something external" and "not resisting what is"  is not for @EvilAngel . it is for awareness.

@EvilAngel is an ego-body

you are right now asking this question from the POV of the ego-body...

cold feet? painful... sure, get them covered or do whatever you need to make it alright.

the nothing to do or resisting what is is more on the mind/psychological side of things... as far as you're concerned at the moment.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

teachings are not absolute. in fact, teachings contradict each other many times.

unborn Truth

@EvilAngel Could this be a sneaky ego trying to distract and avoid?

What is your personal inner resistance right now? I’m guessing it’s not wether or not to put on a pair of warm socks. 

@Serotoninluv 

I am resisting the pain of loneliness. There are many people I miss in my life and I'm kind of sick of this whole notion of "being in the moment" as a way to solve all your problems, because "being in the moment" doesn't tell you jokes or give you love and affection... :(

10 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

teachings are not absolute. in fact, teachings contradict each other many times.

there are no teachings!

:P

Love Is The Answer

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

there are no teachings!

this is your current point of view. if you're on the phase of detaching yourself from spiritual paths, that's fine for you.

but imagine you tell someone to open his chest as he walks and to be mindful of his breathing. he might come back to you on the next day and thank you for your clear instructions because he's feeling much better now. how come there was no teaching?

teaching is shared experience. nothing more, nothing less. don't think that your relative truths are absolute.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@Serotoninluv 

I am resisting the pain of loneliness. There are many people I miss in my life and I'm kind of sick of this whole notion of "being in the moment" as a way to solve all your problems, because "being in the moment" doesn't tell you jokes or give you love and affection... :(

Being in the moment will not solve problems your mind creates and tells you cannot be solved in the monent. 

If a sense of longing arises, perhaps experience it rather than judging it as bad. A person can experience longing and sadness without adding on a story about how this is bad, nobody loves me, I’ll never find anyone to love etc. That’s all within a self need seeking dynamic. 

If you do find love and affection from another person, it may feel euphoric. You may think “Yes! This is it! I’m dating a cute gal that likes me!!”. Yet this is only temporarily relief. It will never be enough to fill that feeling of being incomplete.

What you truly desire is to come home and awaken to the fact that the true you is already whole. Yet, this can take a lot of deconstruction of the personality dynamic. 

@EvilAngel i think "being in the moment" your version of it, isn't quite what eckhart tolle meant, it comes after alot of spiritual work to understand what being in the moment is completely. 

i would advise you just look for psychological reasons as to why you it may be that your feeling lonely and maybe youll find an answer

for example, 

1) is it because i'm not happy with myself, that i feel lonely 

2) why don't i feel lively and active

3) is being alone so bad in the first place, what does society say that makes me feel that being lonely is such a bad thing

4) should i be the one to generate my own love for myself then have an external love come and care for me 

make the questions up if you have too, just use these as guidelines to come up with your own questions. Don't stick to the questions i wrote, they're only to give you an idea for yourself.

@ajasatya oh yes,  i know lol. i was just making a sarcastic statement - highlighting what you had said in your post which i quoted  "teachings contradict each other many times."

and of course, with that said, "there are no teachings" is also a teaching :) 

#Contradiction #Paradox <3 <3 

Edited by SoonHei
hastags

Love Is The Answer

Any action taken by choosing between “should I, or should I not change something”, is still based on the response of memory and is still resistance to what is. 

2 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

i was just making a sarcastic statement

i fail to recognize sarcasm very often. i think i am a robot. :(

unborn Truth

21 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

"being in the moment" doesn't tell you jokes or give you love and affection

go for it, man. if all you want is to be around people to smile and love, totally go for it.

just be careful with demands. as long as you don't expect people to behave in a particular way, you will be fine.

company is awesome when you're happy to be with people for who they are.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya we are all robots, without any programming - aren't we? :) 

Let’s not exclude now heh?

@ajasatya we are all robots, without any programming - aren't we? :) 

this is somewhat curious because artificial intelligence is my field of professional expertise. but if you ask me if we're just advanced programs, my answer is no. enough off-topic, though.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, EvilAngel said:

Should you do anything to change this or just accept it? 

At the deepest level, why does it matter which option you chose? 

If you're trying to train your mindfullness skills then focusing your awareness on unfamiliar/uncomfortable sensations might do you some good. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.