How to be wise

Solution to Spirtuality vs Life Purpose

9 posts in this topic

The solution to the conflict between spirituality and life purpose, is to think of life purpose as a way of helping people, rather than as a ‘mission’ to ‘save the world.’ 

A few months ago, the life purpose course really gave me the impression that the world NEEDS you, and that you can ‘save the world’ in your own unique way. That was a very stressful way of thinking about it, because I put the ‘impact’ ahead of my ‘passion,’ so I came up with a life purpose that fired me up to make a change in the world, but I wasn’t too excited about the work itself. 

And even to think about ‘making an impact in the world’ is already stressful enough, because ‘the world’ just consists of thoughts and beliefs in your head. You can’t properly use that to motivate you.

The real motivation is Love. Wanting to be of service to people out of love for them is a really good way to think about life purpose. With this love, I can get fired up to do a lot of work. Helping people really excites me now. How can I be of help, is a really good question to ponder during the life purpose course.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise I recently came to a similar conclusion. It's not about making an impact. It's about making love to the world from the core of your heart.

I also had no motivation from making an impact, but expressing my love feels much more in alignment.

I suppose stage orange (and yellow?) would be more motivated by making an impact, and green more about sharing your love in your unique way.

I agree, there could be a tyrannical leader who also wants to make an impact on the world, but it doesn't mean it's any good. It's better to recognise what we're sharing and why even if it's to one person.

@How to be wise good insight. Impact is external and relative. Love is internal and absolute. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

When you reach the state of enlightenment you can still use your personal mind to guide you and create a life purpose using the knowledge you have gained during this lifetime. 

Or you can create from your universal mind, which has the equivalent of billions of years of knowledge, and use this to guide you in your actions. 

That is up to each person to choose. Depending upon that your definition of purpose will change. The purpose of life will be seen as being here and now. Being alive. You will be expressing and creating with divine love. The purpose isn’t an outcome, it isn’t a job, the purpose is a feeling of deep fulfillment and meaning which is natural qualities of your universal self. 

Everyone is free to create as the universal self or with their own personal knowledge. There is so much more to this whole topic that could be said, in the end, it all comes down to what source of knowledge do we want to plug into for guidance when we are creating our lives that is most important (for that is the first step in the creative process). I.e. Where are we getting our information from? 

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Its the same. How about you start changing yourself before changing the world

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

There is no conflict between spirituality and life purpose so there is no need for a solution to it. If there is any perceived 'conflict' it is from the perception and that perceived conflict can be resolved but spirituality and life purpose not just coexist, they are complementary.

Edited by SOUL

On 1/21/2019 at 4:22 AM, How to be wise said:

The solution to the conflict between spirituality and life purpose, is to think of life purpose as a way of helping people, rather than as a ‘mission’ to ‘save the world.’ 

I like this a lot.  That’s a big part of it.  Life Purpose is marrying (1) your Passion with (2) Contribution to something greater than yourself.  Your Passion is work that you like to do.  You can think of work as either being in line with your Passion or not.  So you want work that’s in line with your Passion that helps others and finally that (3) you can make a Career out of.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@UDT Thanks for the great advice!

@SOUL I understand your point. Thank you.

@Joseph Maynor Thank you for brilliant advice.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie