Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

My mind loves reasoning obvious things, how can I stop this?

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I recently discovered that I love to reason obvious things randomly during the day. Like for example a hard choice I needed to make. I will reason it and rationalize it through the entire day. Sometimes it just randomly pops up after a few days. Any advice?

Just be aware of it.

Like any unwanted behaviors, if you put your attention on it instead of getting lost in it,

It will subside.

It can take a while though, so don't expect immediate results.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Are these  things that you need to do?

Perhaps you have a backlog of stuff (creative ideas, tasks, etc) that are welling up and need an outlet.  If that's the case, then I'd recommend a small task list where you knock of one item a day.

If it's stuff that's already passed, then turn that into an introspection exercise - how did you feel that choice went, for example? Great? Then commend yourself, you did a great job.   "Could be better?"  Break it down, what did you think you did 'wrong'. Think about the behavior, is it something you wanted to do? Were you aware when you made that choice?  It seems you may not be at peace with some of those decisions - hence the need to rationalize.   You need to  analyze a bit more to see the patterns and bring them to your awareness.