How to be wise

Becoming Love

33 posts in this topic

You may see as well that the goal sets the conditions on the end. This can be a big road block for seeing what-is in ourselves. 

Any such resistance denies death/freedom/love. 

Edited by Jack River

Love being perceived as simply acceptance. Does this make it unconditional? Is there a split second when all psychological conditions melt away? 

No more division in psychological interpretation 

@Jack River nah don't worry about that one , i know its not a journey since your changing your everday lense of the world. i expect the journey so the say to be pretty much a life time use so sharpening it constantly like a tool (for reference sake) 

@How to be wise that's a beautiful insight... I wonder if you'll also be able to join them now that you've seen them in a whole new light.

@Aakash There is no journey and there is a journey. The journeyless journey.

Contextual flexi-flow within absolute relativity. A yellow turquoise playground.

The journey is you. We soon may see that the you will very subtly superimpose/fix its own end with your conditioned means..

There does demand a certain degree of freedom to not project such falsitys. 

This freedom comes with self knowledge. 

Edited by Jack River

9 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I realised that Love is the answer to loneliness.

This is a profound insight indeed.  Love is a verb too.  It requires a giving, a doing, an extension of one’s self into the service of another.  And then one has to have a mature capacity to receive love, which is not exactly as simple as it sounds.  You might believe you are unworthy of love, which can muck up you being able to receive love the right way.  You might find another‘s attempts at loving you annoying, manipulative, or stifling.

Love is “I want you to have the best” — it’s “I want to give the best experience I know about to you”.  Love is working to give experience to another.  It’s an abundance.  Love can only come from a sacrifice of you for them.  The experience is not for you, you’re giving your best to them.  It’s that giving to another, that sacrifice that make love so satisfying.  Think about this — learning how to play a musical instrument is great.  But what if you could teach some young kid how to play your instrument — and better yet, give them all the tips and tricks that you’ve picked up after many years of struggling to learn.  It’s like a parent being consumed with giving the best to their child.  That’s a very deep kind of sharing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Thank you 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

As I was doing The Work this morning, I had a remarkable experience where I realised that Love is the answer to loneliness.

I was doing The Work on my time in high school. Specifically, there was a time when I was in the English Classroom, sitting in the back table all alone, and watching everybody else talking and playing with each other. It hurt me so much that not one person turned back to look at me. 

I was working with the thought “The class should care for me.” I asked myself the fourth question of The Work, ‘Who would you be, just in that moment, without that thought ?’ I meditated on that question, until I had a profound experience.

I realised that, without the thought ‘they should care for me,’ if I didn’t believe that thought, I would just be sitting there, watching the class, and loving them. I wouldn’t have a story about what their intentions are, what they are going to do, and so on. I would just see them without my story, and I would fall in love with them. I would really enjoy just watching them have fun, and I would be open enough to go over to them and sit next to them. 

I realised that the cure to loneliness, is to love what is in front of you right now. Emptiness is love. Beneath nihilism is love. Go deeper.

This experience has stayed with me the whole day. A massive shift has occurred as to how I see everybody now.

you've got it lady. may i test your commitment. Do you know who i am?

@Enlightened I’m not a lady. My profile photo is that of Byron Katie. 

No, I do not know who you are, kind sir. Would you mind informing me?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie